3 posts
Page 1 of 1
With Studio One 3 Artist, can presence xt key switches be applied to individual midi notes on a recorded track? When I select a key switch it affects the whole recording.
by Steve Carter on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:32 pm
Hi Michael ~ Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but I'm assuming that the problem is that you are applying a midi note key switch (usually a midi note in the lower octaves) but not resolving this back to whatever default setting you started with again. Therefore, the changed voicing will continue playing for the remainder of the track!

You can apply a key switch for just one note provided that you apply a further key switch (back to the prior voicing if that's what's required) immediately after the note affected. I guess the tempo of the track will affect the accuracy of the change i.e. whether the key switching has time to take effect before it os reverted.

Please ignore if I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by scottyo7 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm
Thanks Steve that helps me understand this better.

I almost answered tried to answer this but thought that it meant actual "key" changes like from A to C# for example. For those kind of Key changes (I seldom do), I just 'drag' the affected midi notes.

But per the manual, it entails a bit more:
Articulation Key Switches
Some sound libraries are built with a special area of the keyboard that acts as a set of switches between different versions of the sound. For example, a guitar sound might offer open notes, muted notes, slides, and so on. These different articulations are instantly available as you play or program a part, by pressing a key (or programming a MIDI note) in that special range.
When Articulation Key Switches are available in a sound, the name of the currently selected articulation is shown at the upper-right corner of the central display of Presence XT. Click this name to toggle a list of available articulation switches and their places on the keyboard. These keys are also marked with red bars on the virtual keyboard.
When you play one of these keys, the new articulation is shown in the central display, and the character of the sound changes according to the way the sound was designed.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT

3 posts
Page 1 of 1