18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I am looking to change the behavior of track zoom in a way that I liked from another software that many have requested here in Studio One and I'm close with a macro, but I am looking for a bit of refinement.

I currently have a macro setup to

Edit | Select All on Tracks
Zoom | Track Height 3
Zoom | Selected Track - State "?"

The ? is what I'm looking for. Ideally, I would be able to say Zoom Selected Track "Height 5" or something. It doesn't seem to change the behavior of that command no matter what I put there. The macro does what I want, but the selected track is too big. If I could get it to be about half of what it is, like the "large" preset, that would be great. That would let me click a track and hit a key to get the selected track to be larger than all of the other "minimized" tracks.

Thoughts on what this command's options are - or another option for that last line to get that result?

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by Blades on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 am
Also - is there a manual for all of the options that are in the selectable choices on the left side of the Macro Builder? I can't find many of these things in the manual, in Google Search, etc. Seems like it must be documented somewhere, no?

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by Maarkr on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 am
yeah, I'd like to zoom to show all tracks horizontally to fill the space after I minimize the inspector and track list.

Maarkr
Studio: Studio One, IKM, NI, Waves, iZotope, Melodyne Studio + others (former user of Reaper, Acid, Sonar, Cubase and Reason)
i7 8700/Giga Z390 mobo, Win11 Pro-64 w32Gb, MOTU Ultralite mk4, Yamaha HS80M wSub, Live: PX-5S, FA-06, Epi Les Paul, Zoom R-16...

Latest album release at http://genemaarkr.bandcamp.com/
by scottyo7 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm
You may have already done so but you can also enable the User Macro Library to see what others have created*.

Here's *a bunch of YouTube tutorials. Peruse them if you'd like to see the many tasks that can be done.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by wallygontowski on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm
Blades wroteHello all,

I am looking to change the behavior of track zoom in a way that I liked from another software that many have requested here in Studio One and I'm close with a macro, but I am looking for a bit of refinement.

Zoom | Track Height 3

The ? is what I'm looking for. Ideally, I would be able to say Zoom Selected Track "Height 5" or something. It doesn't seem to change the behavior of that command no matter what I put there. The macro does what I want, but the selected track is too big. If I could get it to be about half of what it is, like the "large" preset, that would be great. That would let me click a track and hit a key to get the selected track to be larger than all of the other "minimized" tracks.

Thoughts on what this command's options are - or another option for that last line to get that result?

Please make it happen... Ideally State "Just like Sonar did it" (Auto Zoom)

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music
by Blades on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm
I intentionally avoided the *just like sonar did it" because I think folks here are tiring of it. I am trying to look for ways to get what I want within the abilities of the program. Frankly, while there are a lot of great things about sonar, they are a lot of things I am really looking in studio one.

If they add a feature like that, great, but in the meantime I would be happy to make the last line so something other than whatever it is doing, which is just too big.

I shall take a look at the library. I have looked at lot if videos, but I can look at More

Using:
by Jemusic on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:10 pm
markrelford wroteyeah, I'd like to zoom to show all tracks horizontally to fill the space after I minimize the inspector and track list.

I have already explained this in another thread.

Close any parts you don't want to see e.g. mixer and or browser
Hold CtrL and press A (select all)
Hold Shift and press S

Entire session both vertically and horizontally will fill the screen.

Note: If the track heights are not even before you do this you may still get the various track heights..
Press Shift + W to get all the track heights even then do the above.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Maarkr on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:22 pm
thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere but couldn't find it later... I thought it was Shift+Z but that obviously didn't work... happens a lot at my age, lol.

it was mentioned above but I cannot find the User Macro Library ???? I just started learning about macros in S1.

thanks from a former SPLAT user.

Maarkr
Studio: Studio One, IKM, NI, Waves, iZotope, Melodyne Studio + others (former user of Reaper, Acid, Sonar, Cubase and Reason)
i7 8700/Giga Z390 mobo, Win11 Pro-64 w32Gb, MOTU Ultralite mk4, Yamaha HS80M wSub, Live: PX-5S, FA-06, Epi Les Paul, Zoom R-16...

Latest album release at http://genemaarkr.bandcamp.com/
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:56 am
Blades wrote:

Zoom | Track Height 3

The ? is what I'm looking for. Ideally, I would be able to say Zoom Selected Track "Height 5" or something. It doesn't seem to change the behavior of that command no matter what I put there.

I know exactly what you mean, and dawg gonnit I forgot the sequence. Ill try later as i forgot the sequence. Its certainly doable, so you may even have it already. I remember setting the height of the selected event to varied heights. It might be some wiggy follow up command like clear all, or something. Often macros need that last command to make it happen as expected. So I think you're close.

Someone may chime in in the mean time, so let's see. I may even add it back I to my usable macros.

Also - is there a manual for all of the options that are in the selectable choices on the left side of the Macro Builder? I can't find many of these things in the manual, in Google Search, etc. Seems like it must be documented somewhere, no?

Hmmm, not that I've seen anyway. I've also found the manual to wholly skip over even keywords. So searching for them often results in not finding a thing. Not a manual I'd be proud of (and I've written many service repair manuals, T.O.'s, and Specification procedures). I've thrown my hands up, on the subject of Studio One's manual (versions 2 and 3).

Someone in some gallant effort may have found/written something, but other than the few Google searches to keyword shortcuts, etc. I'd say you won't find much more.

Suggestion: ask here for any specific selectable choices at the left side in the macro builder, and you should get some help.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jonwright on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 am
Jemusic wrote
markrelford wroteyeah, I'd like to zoom to show all tracks horizontally to fill the space after I minimize the inspector and track list.

I have already explained this in another thread.

Close any parts you don't want to see e.g. mixer and or browser
Hold CtrL and press A (select all)
Hold Shift and press S

Entire session both vertically and horizontally will fill the screen.

Note: If the track heights are not even before you do this you may still get the various track heights..
Press Shift + W to get all the track heights even then do the above.

I can't remember if it's there as part of the Studio One install, or if I set it up myself, but I use a macro called 'Zoom Overview' to zoom everything to fit the screen.

I just press 'Z' and all the contents will fit horizontally and vertically.

Here are the macro settings if it's not there by default:

Edit|Select All
Zoom|Zoom to Selection - State("1")
Edit|Deselect All

----------

Studio One 5.1.1 - Mac OS X 10.15.7. iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 - 32GB RAM.
https://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com
by Blades on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 pm
Lokeyfly - yeah, I feel like I'm pretty close to what I want. For the meantime, I've gone ahead and assigned my macro to a key. I also found the ":double click the bottom border of a track" option in another thread that expands to a track to some height as well. It's a little too small. My Macro's a little too tall. But, it's hardly the end of the world. Would be nice to define ONE of those things to be a certain height.

Got more ideas? Keep them coming.

I am an ex-Sonarite, yes - but I'm trying to adapt and like a lot of what I'm finding here so far.

Using:
by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 pm
Late to the thread but can you please just specify as precisely as you can what you want to achieve.
Not what you have tried.
Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Blades on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 pm
I am trying to achieve:

Select a track and press a key (assigned to a macro, I guess) that sets all tracks aside from the one selected to one height (small, height 1, tiny, whatever) and the one selected as (large,height 7, large, whatever).

The macro mostly does it, but the larger version is Too Much larger. I'd like it to be definable, like Height 7 or something. That's what the last line of the macro is aiming to do, but the Zoom Selected Track seems to have one possible value and it is WAY too big.

Clear?

Using:
by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:14 pm
Oh so Just like Sonar (Auto Zoom) (Always wanted that)

Well since you cannot assign a macro to a mouse click might as well write an FR.
There is enough of you that you could get it ahead of for example "Track notes"?

Yes
Edit/Select on track
Zoom|Zoom Height 3
Zoom|Zoom Selected Track State ("0")

Fills the available space - 2 tracks with the track
BTW Shift S already does this. (So it is the closest thing)

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Blades on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am
JPettit - thanks for the response. Shift-S does not do quite the same thing. It does do the enlarge of the selected track, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on any of the other ones.

Yes "like Sonar". I'm trying to approximate this. I'm sure a feature request is in order for that, but I'm trying to get something that behaves similarly in the meantime. This macro is REALLY close. The differences are that

1. I have to press a key (which is not a big deal, just a little less convenient)
2. The track height of the selected track is too big.

Too bad that the "Track Height 5" option sets ALL tracks to that height and there isn't an equivalent for just the selected track, which is what I thought that Zoom Selected Track would do, but apparently not. The ideal situation would be to use the macro I have and have it have that last step be "Track Height X for the selected track". Of course, it still wouldn't happen when the track header was clicked with the mouse, but it would be as close as I'm going to get until such a feature is baked in.

Double clicking on the bottom of a track in the left pane sizes it vertically to SOME height, but I'm not sure what it is. As much as the Zoom Selected Track is too big, this is not big enough. Both are "fine" and both are easier than dragging the height but neither is really what I was aiming for.

"Like Sonar" is what I'm trying to avoid in general. S1 is NOT Sonar and I don't want it to be. There are some similarities, and I'm sure there are some features that could definitely benefit Studio One, but I really don't want to be "that guy" who comes over here demanding that S1 be changed to fit the needs of the Sonarians! If Sonar WERE that great, they would have made money and would not be in the state they are. :x

Thanks again to all for any help on this. It's a small thing, so hardly worth all this effort, I suppose, but I like to tweak things in software as much as I like to actually USE it. It's a good excuse not to be creative when I'm not feeling creative, I guess.

Using:
by jpettit on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 pm
Yes, I tried all the tricks I know. ( add the FR :-) ) I did in the old forum 4-5 years ago but it's lost.

Shift S is the closest

Lawrence might be able to write a javascript.

by Lawrence on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:49 pm
Agree with Jeff. If all the potential macro avenues have been explored with no acceptable result, make a Feature Request, put it in your rear view for now, and move on to the next thing. If you do make the FR you might want to also show the differences in a short video post in the FR so that's there's no confusion about it..
by Blades on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:07 pm
Good evening - That's the thing. I'm to new to S1 to know if all of the avenues have been exhausted. I'd estimate that I've spent more time typing up all these forum posts than I spent trying to get the macro to work. It was actually pretty initially fast to make because it is so simple. There are just SO many options and there are a lot of things within the macro setups that I just don't understand, so I figured that I might just be missing something.

Using:

18 posts
Page 1 of 1