6 posts
Page 1 of 1
If I am the only one , then this will be ignored, thus I hope I am repeating an oft written request.
I should be able to rename the folders that hold songs, and then in the recent files list (the 'front page' of studio one3) the file should still be accessible. At present The folders are names by the date and my name and inside them the song files have the 'true' names of the songs.

Rarely do I know the name of my song before I make it - like poetry, you write the thoughts then realize the title afterwards (well, that's how I've been doing the last 35 years).

Anyone else get pissed by this?
by Jemusic on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 am
Right at the point of creating a song you can name the folder and song right there and then. Before you load a template, create a blank song etc or hit OK. What your experiencing is just the default setting. Which is better than nothing might I add.

You can also specify the location of your songs too which should be on an audio drive separate to the C drive in your computer.

You can rename the song folder and the name of the song too at any later stage. The recent files won't find it though if you do that, but you just delete the previous name from the recent files list and navigate to the new name etc and then from that point on it will appear in your recent files list.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am
If you rename a folder then S1 can't find it but if you show S1 where it is and open it then it will be in the recent files list, and you can remove items from the recent files list, right click menu.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by garryknight on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:15 pm
To clarify, if you go to the File menu and click Rename, the name you give the song will change the name of the folder your song is in, as well as the .song file. You'll have to change the output name of any mixdown files (MP3s, waves) yourself, in the mixdown dialog.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by adrianrobinson3 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Thanks for the help - It worked :)
by WaterlooSunset on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 pm
All these years and I never noticed or tried the rename. Kudos for this one tip..

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1