6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I use AudioBoxUSB and StudioOne3 with a laptop to work out basic song ideas. Image 1 is my default AudioBox I/O settings

I use a FIrestudio Project and StudioOne3 with a dedicated desktop PC for full production. Image 2 is my default FSP I/O settings

When I transfer a sketchbook song to my FSP desktop PC the song's I/O setup shrinks down my (customized) default Firestudio I/O settings. Image 3 is the truncated FSP I/O settings

So far I can't find a way to get the AudioBox song file (opened in the FSP environment) to work with my (custom) default Firestudio Project I/O settings:

1. Is there a way to impose the full default FSP I/O setup on the incoming AudioBox song file?

2. Can I import the AudioBox song into a blank Firestudio Project song file?

Thanks

Attachments
1_ab.jpg
2_fsp.jpg
3_ab-fsp.jpg

Studio One Pro 4
AMD 6-core processor 3.20 GHz, 16GB ram
Windows 10 pro 64bit
by Tom Overthere on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 am
Ten days later and no replies...

I'm sure somebody else here moves StudioOne3 songs from an AudioBox USB to a more complete workstation (FireStudioProject, in my case).

I need a simple way to impose the more complex FireStudioProject I/O settings on the imported AudioBox song.

Studio One Pro 4
Windows 10 pro 64bit
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm
Right now, there isn't a way. It has been a feature request (session templates) for a while. Search for that at:

answers.presonus.com

And vote it up.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Tom Overthere on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:38 pm
Matt ==
Thanks for the reply. Can't seem to crack the Q&A Page. I found several "Importing Session Templates" but can't seem to Vote...(duh)

In the meantime I found a half measure that works (sort of) for my limited application. The tracking I do on the laptop/AudioBoxUSB is just basic songwriting. My workaround method is equally basic:

========= AUDIOBOX USB on Laptop ==========

1. Record several basic tracks on the laptop/AudioBoxUSB

2. If any FX are used: Inserts > Store FX Chain...

2. Send the song folder to the FIreStudioProject PC and paste the song folder into the Songs folder there.

3. Copy the FX Chains from this Laptop folder:
Studio One\Presets\PreSonus\FX Chains
Paste them into the counterpart folder on the main PC.

========= FIRESTUDIO PROJ on PC ==========

4. Open the AudioBoxUSB song with its limited I/O settings.

5. Open a NEW song with expanded FIreStudio Project I/O settings (set as my default).

6a. In AudioBox song: Ctrl+A ito COPY all events.

6b. In NEW FireStudio song: No tracks. Cursor at 0 in the Arrange window: Ctrl+V to PASTE all events in. This creates generic tracks.

7. The transferred AudioBox FX Chains appear in the Inserts > Presets lists. Select them as needed.

This works, but its half-baked and time consuming.

Studio One Pro 4
Windows 10 pro 64bit
by Tom Overthere on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:34 pm
Presonus Tech Support confirms:
"You would have to create the I/O settings in that song for the FireStudio. There unfortunately is not a way to import I/O settings."

Presonus Tech Support made this helpful suggestion:
If you were to export stems from your AudioBox computer, you could then import them to the FireStudio computer's Firestudio template.

Studio One Pro 4
Windows 10 pro 64bit
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:03 pm
Nice workaround. Fyi, you meed to log in again for the answers site.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1