38 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
klypeman wroteI added this to the pathlist and it works now finally.
C:\Program Files(x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins\V10

Add that path in studio one vst
Worked for me too thanks for that.
by gregghart on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 am
PreAl wroteNow the easy way.

1) Start studio one.
2) Go to locations->VST Plugins
3) Take note of the locations in case you need them for future reference.
4) Delete ALL your locations. Yes ALL of your locations.
5) Reset black list.
6) Restart Studio One twice. Yes twice.
7) New project. Test your plugins

For me that was enough to get it to work, I didn't need to enter manually any plugin paths back, but if you really need to, do that.

That's exactly the right way to do it. Worked for me like a charm too. I have many, many Waves plugins and on times when I get a new one, this sometimes happens. I just do the above steps and voila. Fixed. Doesn't take long at all.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by gregghart on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:52 am
johnbaybutt wrote
klypeman wroteI added this to the pathlist and it works now finally.
C:\Program Files(x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins\V10

Add that path in studio one vst
Worked for me too thanks for that.

This is NOT the good way to do it. You may get plugins that show up that you do not own.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by netman8762 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:35 am
The waves plugins are kind of odd. Try adding the location;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9"

Or the relative folder ( V10 ). It seems like pointing to the root of the waves folder does not always allow the plugins to be scanned, once I pointed to the actual folder then the plugins appeared.

Good Luck! I know this drove me crazy for a while, hope it helps.
by PreAl on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:56 am
netman8762 wroteThe waves plugins are kind of odd. Try adding the location;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9"

Or the relative folder ( V10 ). It seems like pointing to the root of the waves folder does not always allow the plugins to be scanned, once I pointed to the actual folder then the plugins appeared.

Good Luck! I know this drove me crazy for a while, hope it helps.

Please read the comment just before you posted, then check out my comment above which was quoted in the comment just above that.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by polprats on Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:24 am
Hey! Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've found myself with the same problem: I've changed my computer and I've been moving all of my plugins, and I've got 5 or 6 Waves ones that I can't seem to get to appear in Studio One 5.
As other people have also noted, when I run the DAW, the plugin scanner shows that it recognizes plugins such as "WaveShell1-VST3 11.0_x64", but no Waves plugin appears in the effects list inside any project.
I've tried every possible solution from this thread (and others), with no success. I've put new directory paths, as some recommended, but then some Waves plugins I don't have appeared (without GUI, they were all black). I moved my licenses to my cloud and then reinstalled them in my computer, but it made no difference.
This is a bit annoying, since I'm in the middle of a couple of projects and just when new jobs start to come, problems start to appear. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
by PreAl on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:36 am
PreAl wrote
1) Start studio one.
5) Reset black list.

For me that was enough to get it to work, I didn't need to enter manually any plugin paths back, but if you really need to, do that.

Have you run and updated waves central?
You must follow this exact procedure above.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by polprats on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:07 am
PreAl wrote
PreAl wrote
1) Start studio one.
5) Reset black list.

Have you run and updated waves central?
You must follow this exact procedure above.

Hi! Yes, I did that too. I installed Waves Central in the new computer just yesterday, so I supposed in would be up to date, but I checked anyway just to be sure and it is. I tried the procedure you metioned and nothing.
Anyways, I don't have anything else to try, so I might as well try this again just in case. Let's see if second time is the charm...
by polprats on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:30 am
Nope, tried it for a second time and nothing...
by robertgray3 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:34 am
polprats wroteNope, tried it for a second time and nothing...

Use the Plugin Manager in Studio One. Open it up and hit the Rescan Plug-ins button at the bottom (I think that’s what it’s called). This will typically re-scan the Waves shell, notice any changes, and they will be there after rebooting. I had to do this every time I purchased a Waves plugin.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by allrics on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:07 pm
In the search bar can't you just type in Waves and see where they put your plugins? And then use that in PreSonus VST page.
by robertgray3 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:23 pm
One other piece of advice. Use the Plugin Manager or the wrench icon in the Effects Browser to make sure they aren’t just hidden. There are some situations where Studio One will accidentally hide plug-ins in the browser, usually involving a crash or an update.

allrics wroteIn the search bar can't you just type in Waves and see where they put your plugins? And then use that in PreSonus VST page.

Pretty sure they tried that multiple times- that’s basically the same piece of advice that’s been given a dozen times in this thread.

I think the issue here is that when the Shell changes due to an update or a new license you usually have to explicitly tell Studio One to re-scan the Shell. Hence my recommendation to try the Plug-in Manager’s rescan command.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by gavinmathers on Mon May 17, 2021 5:49 am
Resurrecting an old thread again... anyone found any alternatives to all the suggestions here (which I've tried!)?

On Mac, Big Sur. Just did some updating of some Waves plugins and Studio One etc and back to the familiar old cycle of tearing my hair out to try to get SO5 to 'find' all my Waves plugins. Its randomly recognising a handful, including Studiorack. Within Studiorack I am able to load all of my Waves plugins. This makes me think it is a) not a licensing issue and b) not a Waves installation issue, but definitely something to do with Studio One itself and the way it scans.

I have clicked every possible 'reset blacklist' button, 'rescan plugins', 'reset plugin settings' blah blah. Tried a fresh installation of SO5 (even tried SO4 for a laugh :shock: ). Tried all the steps mentioned here.

I have 2 machines that I use (thankfully I haven't updated my main one yet!) and I can see that everything is in exactly the same location on both in terms of plugins, Waveshells and paths within SO5. The only difference is on my main machine I haven't updated a couple of my plugins and its still working perfectly.

Anyone found a magical solution? Thanks
by PreAl on Mon May 17, 2021 7:08 am
gavinmathers wroteI have clicked every possible 'reset blacklist' button, 'rescan plugins', 'reset plugin settings' blah blah. Tried a fresh installation of SO5 (even tried SO4 for a laugh :shock: ). Tried all the steps mentioned here.

See my post above, you tried that with no shortcuts, 7 steps? You are on the latest studio one?

by IanM5 on Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 am
Over the years Waves' continued usage of the Shell wrapper things have cause me no end of problems in several different DAWs. Even now I sometimes get a random error when S1 starts up that says some plugins will not be available until I restart the program. I've kinda given up on them.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Tacman7 on Mon May 17, 2021 7:47 am
Do a support ticket with them, they helped me out. I let them change some settings and it was up and running again.

I've never upgraded waves plugins, just kept buying them so I have different versions but they all work.

Just noticed tax day sale today, everything $30.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by gavinmathers on Mon May 17, 2021 10:14 am
PreAl wrote
gavinmathers wroteI have clicked every possible 'reset blacklist' button, 'rescan plugins', 'reset plugin settings' blah blah. Tried a fresh installation of SO5 (even tried SO4 for a laugh :shock: ). Tried all the steps mentioned here.

See my post above, you tried that with no shortcuts, 7 steps? You are on the latest studio one?

Yeah I've tried, thanks. Will have to speak to Waves!
by shanabit on Wed May 19, 2021 5:27 am
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-spec ... quirements

**You need High Sierra to run version 12 of WAVES. Operating System
10.13.6, 10.14.6, 10.15.7, 11.2.1 (Intel only)

**What you need to do is install the version 11. Thats what I do here. Also, version 12 REQUIRES you to have a Metal compatible video card in your Mac

***The WAVESHELL is just a container that points to the actual plugin location. When the WAVESHELL works it then scans the VST plugins folder. Also, WAVES uses VST3 so in StudioOne you need to go to the :

Preferences/Advanced/Services and make sure VST3 is enabled. Waves can use AU as well but I always disable AU since I had issues before with Waves AU inside of S1

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

38 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2