35 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet unless I missed something. Craig's pretty good at these things, I'd like to thank him for starting this series in the Blog.

http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/category/friday-tip-of-the-week/

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
***WARNING***Anything I post is subject to scrutiny as necessary or not... being human I'm prone to error, forgive and forget as necessary...OR NOT***WARNING*** ;)
by Skip Jones on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 pm
Very nice, indeed. Great to see him on the blog again. :thumbup:

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Bbd on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:09 pm
:+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by davewardzala on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:00 pm
This is awesome. Craig was a big contributor to the Sonar forums when he was employed by Gibson and even before then (his SOS columns on Sonar go back many years). I hope this is a regular contribution.

Dave
Main Studio- Core i7 8700K @3.7GHz, 32Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, , Axiom 49 Midi Controller, ATOM Controller
Win10 Pro

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2, Akai MPKmini Controller
Win 10 x64 Home

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/ ... inal-music
by Maarkr on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am
Thanks Craig... good to see you posting techniques for Studio One, I've been following you in Sonar for years.

Maarkr
Studio: Studio One, IKM, NI, Waves, iZotope, Melodyne Studio + others (former user of Reaper, Acid, Sonar, Cubase and Reason)
i7 8700/Giga Z390 mobo, Win11 Pro-64 w32Gb, MOTU Ultralite mk4, Yamaha HS80M wSub, Live: PX-5S, FA-06, Epi Les Paul, Zoom R-16...

Latest album release at http://genemaarkr.bandcamp.com/
by Lokeyfly on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am
Cool beans.
Been reading his articles since early Keyboard days.
Haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all those mags. I don't suspect I'll be buying an Emax, or Mirage anytime soon.

I've always liked Craig's helpful hints on Mastering. I'll have to keep an eye on his Friday tips.

Nice article too!
Thx C for mentioning.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by klypeman on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:16 pm
:thumbup:

Forum Moderator.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by CTStump on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:20 pm
The next in the series, Dim Solo:

http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2017/12/22/friday-tip-week-add-dim-solo-studio-one/

Create a seperate output bus, interesting solution. ;)

Hey Mod's you might want to pin this thread or start one that can be pinned. :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
***WARNING***Anything I post is subject to scrutiny as necessary or not... being human I'm prone to error, forgive and forget as necessary...OR NOT***WARNING*** ;)
by Bbd on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:47 pm
Clearly in agreement!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bub on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 pm
:roll:

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by Skip Jones on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:57 pm
Working on it, CT. Problem is that it is a link to the Blog and not an actual post. We'll figure it out.

Skip

Skip

Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by sylvainmystpf on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:15 am
Hello
I learned with "Room Mic and Dim Solo" it's really cool from Craig Anderton.
Do you know if there are other archived advice of this quality with studio one?

Thank you
by niles on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 am
CTStump wroteThe next in the series, Dim Solo:

http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2017/12/22/friday-tip-week-add-dim-solo-studio-one/
Sorry but this isn't dim solo/solo in place/listen. As if you are going to reroute a track or bus each time you want it to stand out from the rest!? The whole idea is being able to do it with a single click (even from a remote) in context of it's current routing and sends and maintaining the main volume. If all those things don't matter it's much easier to set up a -X dB inverted cue bus and just disable the Cue for the track you want to "dim solo".

It actually looks a bit silly to post such a tip on your company blog because it shows how clumsy your product is in that regard. Extra painful for a company that is specialized in mixers products.

Also the guy who wrote this could at least had the decency to put a link to the FR https://answers.presonus.com/3142/dim-s ... 3142#q3142 which he clearly read given the bonus tips that have nothing to do with dim solo but where mentioned in the request because a user confused the feature.

What's next... manually copying content from one song to the other and call it: Add Session Import to Studio One? :lol:

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by CTStump on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:59 am
niles wrote
CTStump wroteThe next in the series, Dim Solo:

Sorry but this isn't dim solo/solo in place/listen. As if you are going to reroute a track or bus each time you want it to stand out from the rest!? The whole idea is being able to do it with a single click (even from a remote) in context of it's current routing and sends and maintaining the main volume. If all those things don't matter it's much easier to set up a -X dB inverted cue bus and just disable the Cue for the track you want to "dim solo".

It actually looks a bit silly to post such a tip on your company blog because it shows how clumsy your product is in that regard. Extra painful for a company that is specialized in mixers products.

Also the guy who wrote this could at least had the decency to put a link to the FR https://answers.presonus.com/3142/dim-s ... 3142#q3142 which he clearly read given the bonus tips that have nothing to do with dim solo but where mentioned in the request because a user confused the feature.

What's next... manually copying content from one song to the other and call it: Add Session Import to Studio One? :lol:

Ah.... Back off Niles, it's just a tip not the be all end all. Nor is it a real issue that needs immeadiate attention, atleast for me.

Craig does this thing for his own exploration and shares what he thinks may be helpful for getting around things others may think is usefull or clever. He in no ways is trying to claim expertise or mastery just observation.

He has done with Sonar for years and now Studio One and I for one welcome and promote this wholeheartedly. I' m sure it can be picked apart, anylized and found as unnecessarily trivial for some but why not let some others who could use it make that acessment as to it's merit or inpediment.

In the meantime, I still think Craig is doing a worthwhile service... For some if not all. :thumbup:

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
by Lawrence on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:02 am
I had the same feeling as Niles about it to be honest, but I didn't feel the need to, or saw no value in, publicly urinating on it.

Sometimes it's better to keep my thoughts to myself about irrelevant things. :).

That FR is pretty old by the way, "Solo In Front", from at least 2013 in the old forum.

Interestingly enough, reading that made me realize that this can be done with a script. I think I'll do that. Stay tuned.
by CTStump on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:23 am
Lawrence wroteI had the same feeling as Niles about it to be honest, but I didn't feel the need to, or saw no value in, publicly urinating on it.

Sometimes it's better to keep my thoughts to myself about irrelevant things. :).

That FR is pretty old by the way, "Solo In Front", from at least 2013 in the old forum.

Interestingly enough, reading that made me realize that this can be done with a script. I think I'll do that. Stay tuned.

If you do pass it on to Craig, he sure could use it my friend. :mrgreen:

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
by niles on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:13 am
CTStump wroteAh.... Back off Niles,
CTStump wroteI' m sure it can be picked apart, anylized and found as unnecessarily trivial for some but why not let some others who could use it make that acessment as to it's merit or inpediment.
You can also reverse that. Why not let others give their opinion on why they think the post is silly on a manufactures blog?

I don't believe people, skills, relations nor products and services become better from a yes-man.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by CTStump on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 pm
You can post anything you care to express pro, con and anything in between.

Let's leave it at that Niles.....kay. ;)

Carry on.

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
by PreAl on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:18 pm
niles wroteI don't believe people, skills, relations nor products and services become better from a yes-man.

Amen.
Last edited by PreAl on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by CTStump on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:30 pm
That was a quote from Niles. Had nothing to do with that other than him answering my reply. Looks like a typo and should be edited to reflect that.

Carry on....oh an Happy Holidays.

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys

35 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2