8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm still trying to get used to Studio One from Logic side of experience but it feels so slow because I miss the ctrl/alt drag zoom in Logic. Is there any way of reproducing it? or work arounds?

I've searched and searched but can't see any info online apart from others with the same question.

Appreciate any help..

Alan Branch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11/12, Live 11, Izotope RX, Wavelab etc -
Mac Studio Ultra, 64GB RAM OSX 12.4
Unitor MKII /Focusright 18i20 - Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Softube Console 1 MKII
by Bbd on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 am
From Help:

Navigating with Zoom

When editing or arranging in a Song, zooming in and out on the timeline can be beneficial in both the Edit and Arrange views. Studio One’s key commands and quick control methods make zooming quick and easy.You can zoom using the following techniques:

Zoom Horizontally
Zoom In or Out Click and drag vertically in the Arrange or Edit view timeline.
Zoom In or Out Position cursor in Arrange or Edit timeline and move mouse scrollwheel.
Zoom In Press [E] on the keyboard.
Zoom Out Press [W].

Zoom Vertically
Zoom In (vertically) Press [Shift]+[E].
Zoom Out (vertically) Press [Shift]+[W].
Zoom In or Out [Ctrl] + mouse scrollwheel.

Other Zoom Commands
Zoom to Loop Press [Shift]+[L].
Zoom to Selection Toggle (horizontally and vertically) Press [Shift]+[S].
Zoom to Selection Toggle (horizontally) Press [Alt]+[S].
Zoom by Selecting Hold [Alt]+[Shift], then draw a selection across the Arrange view to zoom in fully to that range. To return to normal zoom level, hold [Alt]+[Shift] and click in the zoomed area.
Zoom Full Press [Alt]+[Z] to zoom out horizontally, as much as possible.

It is also possible to set key commands to directly access the Track Heights available on the Arrange page in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Tacman7 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:01 am
Lately I've been reaching up and grabbing the timeline. Roll up to zoom in, down to zoom out, and left/right to move everything.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Bbd on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:21 am
That's what I do too. Just wanted to post all the options for the Op.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Tacman7 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 am
I could never remember all those key commands. I might map those to my contour shuttle though.
Have to try that.

Thanks

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alanbranch on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm
Bbd wroteFrom Help:

Navigating with Zoom

Zoom In or Out [Ctrl] + mouse scrollwheel.

Other Zoom Commands

Zoom by Selecting Hold [Alt]+[Shift], then draw a selection across the Arrange view to zoom in fully to that range. To return to normal zoom level, hold [Alt]+[Shift] and click in the zoomed area.

Thank you so much!, bizarre I went through these and they all seem the slow Pro Tools ones I'm used to I missed the Alt/Shift, its a little hit and miss, but it does seem to work like Logic!

The beauty is it does multiple zooms and remembers each zoom area you created. Because of this I never ever have to use the scroll bars, or manual zoom keys, there is simply no other faster way than zooming to a dragged selection, this for me is the game changer I've been looking for thanks, sorry I did read look in the manual, it seems to show the same as the menu's.

Interestingly for me the first one is incorrect KC's, Zoom In or Out Ctrl & Mouse Wheel, here it works with Cmd not Ctrl. Not that I'd use it, even though I have a touch pen tablet that does respond naturally with his KC.

Alan Branch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unitor MKII /Focusright 18i20 - Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Softube Console 1 MKII
by jpettit on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:39 pm
Don’t forget the macro zooms.
I created one five years ago call “Zoom All”, it can be found on The Exchange then map it to ctrl Z.
Presonus added the same macro in their 3.0 release call “Zoom Full”? I think but it is also a macro that alway give 100% of the song vertical and horizontal no matter the size of you arranger Window.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by alanbranch on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:47 pm
Honestly macro zooms aren't needed, the Alt Shift Drag is all you need, I've tested all the zoom in Pro Tools for years, the ctril/alt in Logic is the workflow killer, it's simply so fast nothing else is needed. Well IMHO anyway, but still early days in Studio One for me, it's all still so clunky, I need to do a mix then I'll be ok but I haven't had the right project yet :)

Alan Branch

8 posts
Page 1 of 1