8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I want to replace EZdrummer 2 with S3 in some old songs.

Is there a way to avoid having to set up all the bus's for every old song?

So like I could add S3 the way I like it setup with 4 outputs and fx etc.?

Easier to start a new song with S3 all setup and import the midi/audio from old song?

Thanks

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by karismolander on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 am
The save files between EZ2 and Superior seem not to be compatible. You can use EZX:s in Superior, but that is probably not what you want. Maybe you could create a new template for Superior and apply that for new projects?
by klypeman on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:11 am
What I would do was to have the EZ2 as one and copy the MIDI blocks from there and then setup the S3 in it's mixer as I like with outputs and FX's.
When done I remove the track (EZ2)
Sometimes I take the MIDI blocks out to an instrument track to be able to see them easier when recording and now it is possible to move them back into the song creator in S3 to make adjustments if needed.
all the EZ2 MIDI and Sound is possible to use with the S3 !!
You can do the same in S3 as in EZ2 just much more, it's a huge difference and I don't use the EZ2 anymore :D

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Tacman7 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:06 am
I have the same set of instruments I use recently so I'll try copying and pasting the midi with two songs open at the same time and see how that goes.

Thanks

Forum Moderator.

by scottyo7 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:56 pm
This is something I've wanted to try in ED2 but haven't quite yet.
It seems you'd be able to do something similar with SD3 as most of the setup seems it is set and saved within Studio One. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Tacman7 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 pm
I think it's easier to switch the drummer in an existing song.

I tried using some of their drum kits and they have bus's setup inside of SD3 that seem pretty cool with some tweaking.

So I open an old song, copy the midi in EZ2 and remove it. Then delete my drum bus.

Add SD3 and paste the midi into the track, which now functions like the drum bus.
Not too much hassle.

Course SD3 is a HOG! but I can work around it, so nice having a big window to work in.

Thanks

Forum Moderator.

by Steve Carter on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 am
CP resources hog, screen estate hog, or acronym HOG (high on grass or something)?

Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by klypeman on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm
I would have both EZ AND SD3 up and running then copy and paste, checking that the setup is working on SD3 and first then delete the EZ track.
:) :) :)

Forum Moderator.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

8 posts
Page 1 of 1