12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a really nice touch-screen Chromebook that is Android Play Store enabled... that is, I can install and run just about anything on the Google Play Store on my Chromebook. I have had really good luck with this setup until installing the Studio One Remote app.

It will not recognize Studio One - that is, the DAW does not show up in the list on startup. It works great from my Samsung Galaxy S5 (a much older device even) but the screen is just too small to make it worth using except for basic mixing.

Has anyone else run across this and found a solution?

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by darrenporter1 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:33 pm
Also doesn't work on my wife's Chromebook of a different make/model.

by themaartian on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:20 pm
Do Chromebooks have any kind of firewall or antivirus? There may be something blocking your access to SO.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by darrenporter1 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:46 pm
i was wondering the same thing. there is no way that i can tell to check on that.

by darrenporter1 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:44 pm
I am running this Chromebook as a dual-boot system with Linux. I think I will try the app with an Andriod emulator on the Linux side.

It would still be nice to run it on the ChromeOS side though.

I opened a support ticket so we will see where it goes. In the meantime I will try the Linux solution and dig into the firewall side of ChromeOS - I suspect that is the issue as Google locks these things down super-tight.

by davdipoulton on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:49 am
Hi Darren, did you get a response from your ticket? i'm having the same problems on a Lenovo Chromebook!
D
by fayettecrapo on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:16 pm
I think what is going on is Chrome books have a virtual network for apps and this causes teh S1 RC not to see S1 on the pc even though it is on the same network.

My Network is a 192.168.x.x set up. when I run a network app on my chrome book it reports a network IP of 110.*.*.*

My S10 and ipad both work, so it's not android or windows. I must be Crhomebook
by michaelhalbrook on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:12 pm
Just a heads up. On my Acer chromebook, I tested this today and it looks like works now on the app able Chromebooks.
by edmisik on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:44 pm
It may have something to do with the particular chromebook you are using (the processor). My remote app works great on my 2 chromebooks and I have it permanently setup to an old Android Fire 10" tablet that I tricked up a bit. I would bail on the remote app if I could only get my usb96 to behave as well :) My chromebooks are HP....both with Intel processors.

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by davdipoulton on Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:32 am
Thanks for the heads up michaelhalbrook, I had the same problem and hadn't tried in ages, but now it seems to be working perfectly now on my Chromebook (lenovo c330)

Thank you!
D
by darrenporter1 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm
I'm glad this is working now for you guys!

FWIW, it was an issue in the Chrome OS not with PreSonus... Chrome OS completely "sandboxed" any WiFi traffic that was not going out or coming in from the the Internet - the main reason they were so secure. They probably needed to open that up when they opened Chromebooks up to native Linux which would explain why it works now.

My Chromebook finally died on me last month and while I absolutely loved it, I went ahead with a nice Dell 2-in-1 Windows 10 laptop to replace it. I haven't gone through the exercise of load the Remote app on it yet though... someday when I really need it. For now, I have my Atom to do remote transport features and that's all I would really use it for.

by keithbrewer1 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:16 pm
Just got a Lenovo 10e Chromebook tablet for $99 and Studio One Remote works like a charm.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1