7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Some soft synths (e.g. Komplete, Garritan, and a few others) do not keep volume settings. This results in their sounds far too soft to be useful in a mix. I have not found the problem yet with Presonus' Presence sounds.

I tried to use Studio One's Macro's - they don't make a difference.

Screenshot 1: Studio One Console view.
Channel on far left is Presence. Note fader more or less in middle.
The next channel is Garritan Aria - full blast, yet the sound is still too soft to use/
Far right channel is Native Instruments' Komplete. It must also be set very high to be heard.

Screenshot 2: Garritan Aria strings.
Volume setting is far right, third row of settings. While rolling, I can adjust it here, and then it sounds great. The moment I re-roll, it jumps back to its original setting.

Screenshot 3: Komplete
Volume is on far right, third row of settings. Notice it is about at a third. While playing, I can adjust it, but on re-rolling, it jumps back to this position.

In previous music software I used, I could get into a MIDI editor and check of CC7 is set ok. I can;t find anywhere for this to be done in Studio One.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? If it were only one plugin, I guess the problome would have been there; but several? Yet, strangely the Presence plugin is fine.

Attachments
komplete.png
aria.png
strings.png
by Tacman7 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:59 am
That's acting like a midi track with a volume message in it.

This is a new track, not imported midi?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jpettit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:44 am

S1 faders are audio volume.
To adjust CC7 add it as a controller in automation lane

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jacquessteyn1 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 am
Thanks!
Yes it is the MIDI controller.

But the question still is, why don't some soft synths keep the settings in the soft synth windows?
Cheers!
jq
by jpettit on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 am
Do you mean stored with the songs or on the fly?
Most likely you have something sending that CC7 signal.
In my example using Aria player, it follows the Volume automation correctly.
If I delete the automation it stays where I leave it.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by douglassherbert on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 am
Possibly (with Aria), CC1 is resetting to a low value?
by jpettit on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:33 am
Mine in the test was not resetting.
I suspect there is something else doing via a shared MIDI channel.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1