61 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
I've noticed that when I exit S1 Pro now since the .4 update, S1P hangs for about 2 ~ 3 seconds. And no, it's not asking me to save, I already saved. Prior to the .4 update, shutdown was instant.

Also, I'm still seeing a 10 second delay at Melodyne Integration during bootup. It's been happening for a long time. Melodyne is up to date. I've reinstalled S1P and Melodyne multiple times. It's really frustrating.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by waynerose1 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:12 am
Please add my thanks to the abundant kudos for Presonus' S1 3.5 release.

A couple of (probably idle) concerns though:

I love the low latency feature, for audio and instruments! But I do have a question:-

In Marcus Huyskens' "What's New In Studio One 3.5" video, he explains how to configure and activate low latency monitoring, from both the Main Output Channel and the Instrument section of the Channel List. Using the new Fat Channel XT to illustrate how LL appears in plugins, he directs the viewer to the plugin's power button, which glows a bright, beautiful green.

I've got everything configured correctly in Audio Setup. The green "Z"'s are glowing nicely in the Mix window. But no light inside my plugins. Just wondering why, considering I'm getting zero latency in my Performance window?

I'll have to do some more in-depth analysis, but perhaps someone more expert than I could venture a guess?

Also, regarding the dual audio engine feature, the S1 3.5 release notes say:

"If you are a Mac user and running the latest macOS operating system then Studio One 3.5 also features both a record and a playback engine, for which you can have a different interface if you wish."

What does "latest macOS operating system" actually mean? El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra? And why could this feature not be implemented several OS generations back?

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just curious as I'm about to upgrade my Mac OS, but only as far as my ancient Mac Pro will allow.

wr

Mac Pro 2.8 GHz 8-core (2008) 32 GB
iPad 4 9.7", iPad Pro 3 12.9"
Pro Tools 12, Studio One 5.5.2, Reaper, Melodyne 5
Sibelius 7.5, Notion 6.8.2
Focusrite LS56, Yamaha 01V96,
Pro Tools Control, Studio One Remote, Lemur
by jpettit on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 am
You will only see the green power button if the plugin has a lower latency than 3ms.

See the monitor handbook for all the details.

As far as your Mac I’d you have the need for a separate in out device try it to see if it works for you.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by michaellu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:25 pm
Hey S1 Buddys!

I'm using S1 pro since V2 and had never major issues with my DAW, until now :cry: .

After installing V3.5.4 I've got a GUI issues with some 3rd party plugins, for example oxford limiter and EchoBoy.

There are no plugin control icons visible. The GUI is black, like you can see in the attachment.
The plugin works because I'm able to bypass it.

Anyone who had this problem, or could assist to solve it? Thanks in advance!

Attachments
GUI issue.JPG

Studio One Pro 3.5.4, Win 10 64-bit, Core i5, 16Gb RAM, Scarlett2i2, Genelec 8030
by Funkybot on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:04 pm
I'm also on Windows 10 x64 and S1 Pro 3.5.4 and just tried Echoboy: no problem with the GUI. First thing I'd do if I were you would be to look for updated graphics drivers. If you're using the most recent version, see if you can find old drivers and downgrade just to see if that changes anything.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by garyanderson5 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 am
I had a similar problem with waves GUI. I updated my GFX card driver and reinstalled the plugins and it fixed the problem. Specific GFX card driver version may help also.. Good Luck..

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by michaellu on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 pm
Hey :thumbup: Great, it works again!
I've updatetd the intel graphics driver to the latest version and all GUI's are visible again.

Many thanks to you guys!!!

Studio One Pro 3.5.4, Win 10 64-bit, Core i5, 16Gb RAM, Scarlett2i2, Genelec 8030
by garyshepherd on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:43 am
There now seems to be a big problem with crashing - due to Melodyne editing. This seems to affect certain song files and I have wasted loads of time trying to work. I suggest that this update is still very buggy.

I think I am going to have to start a new song file and import all the data manually as something has got corrupted (probably due to buggy versions of the software.

I am not impressed. I have opened a support ticket - no doubt answered with more questions in 3 days time (or more given the season).

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by lawrencefarr on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 am
Please give one of the moderators the ticket number so they can look it up, as we see no open support tickets from you in our system.

Thanks.

Studio One Technical Support | QA
------------------------------------------------
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
------------------------------------------------
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy
by kenmatson on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:41 am
garyshepherd wroteThere now seems to be a big problem with crashing - due to Melodyne editing. This seems to affect certain song files and I have wasted loads of time trying to work. I suggest that this update is still very buggy.

I think I am going to have to start a new song file and import all the data manually as something has got corrupted (probably due to buggy versions of the software.

I am not impressed. I have opened a support ticket - no doubt answered with more questions in 3 days time (or more given the season).

hmmmm .. win 10 and have done tons of Melodyne work the last few weeks with no probs - maybe something specific about your workflow with it? Not Melodyne and 3.5.4 in general though.

by garyshepherd on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm
Nothing about my workflow really other than I had edited a couple of audio tracks with Melodyne but had not bounced them - the crashing seemed to start with the last two Studio One updates. Having now bounced the Melodyne edited audio tracks, the song file seems to open okay and not crash when I try to edit audio in Melodyne.

I therefore suggest that there is an issue with the last two updates and Melodyne - and either Studio One or Melodyne need some de-bugging. I really don't think there is anything unusual about my setup.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by jpettit on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:03 pm
Ticket number?

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by garyshepherd on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:31 pm
Request #415010

by jpettit on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:47 pm
garyshepherd wroteI am not impressed. I have opened a support ticket - no doubt answered with more questions in 3 days time (or more given the season).

OK, we see it from 9 minutes ago.... :oops:

They are looking into it

by garyshepherd on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
They have responded - I was frustrated by several lost hours and the killing of inspiration hence my angry tone and thought I was to be without solutions over the xmas period. They have offered some work arounds but no solution as such so it must be some kind of bug to do with Melodyne - or at the least a change in protocol when working with Melodyne.

Anyhow apologies for my tone to Presonus staff.

by PreAl on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:18 pm
I assume you are on the latest Melodyne. I register my serial with Celemony website and download the latest update.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jerzydymek on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:20 pm
Update 3.5.4 killed my older setup I had to go back to 3.0.2 this is what I have now I can not install 3.5.4 and do not have any other update on computer I wish PreSonus staff would help me with the problem. Thanks PreSonus.
by PreAl on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:25 pm
jerzydymek wroteUpdate 3.5.4 killed my older setup I had to go back to 3.0.2 this is what I have now I can not install 3.5.4 and do not have any other update on computer I wish PreSonus staff would help me with the problem. Thanks PreSonus.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=17142

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by teqnotic on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 am
When will the next update be released?
The dropouts are unbearable with version 3.5.4. I have tried all the suggestions mentioned throughout this forum to no avail, except reverting back to a previous version. The added function of Dropout protection with Blue and Green Z's are great but not stable with my setup. I still have a version of Cubase 6.5 installed and it does not experience the same issue. My RME interface GUI does not accumulate error counts at all, so I know it's a Studio One V3.5.4 related issue. Hopefully this is currently being looked into and a fix is on the horizon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: Ryzen 1950X Threadripper (not overclocked)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64Gb (4 X 16) DDR4 @ 2666Mhz
Video: GeForce 1060
OS Drive: EVO Pro 500Gb NVMe M.2 DAW Drive: EVO Pro 500GB NVMe M.2
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Gaming Pro x399
BIOS: V2.00. HPET, C-state & onboard HD-Audio disabled
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. AMD High Performance power settings selected
Soundcard: RME UFX firewire. Master clock: Black Lion Microclock MKII XB
Other: UAD Opto-2 8 PCIe card. 1394b PCIe card TI chip
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by PreAl on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:07 am
teqnotic wroteWhen will the next update be released?
The dropouts are unbearable with version 3.5.4. I have tried all the suggestions mentioned throughout this forum to no avail, except reverting back to a previous version. The added function of Dropout protection with Blue and Green Z's are great but not stable with my setup. I still have a version of Cubase 6.5 installed and it does not experience the same issue. My RME interface GUI does not accumulate error counts at all, so I know it's a Studio One V3.5.4 related issue. Hopefully this is currently being looked into and a fix is on the horizon.

CPU: Ryzen 1950X Threadripper (not overclocked)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64Gb (4 X 16) DDR4 @ 2666Mhz
Video: GeForce 1060
OS Drive: EVO Pro 500Gb NVMe M.2 DAW Drive: EVO Pro 500GB NVMe M.2
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Gaming Pro x399
BIOS: V2.00. HPET, C-state & onboard HD-Audio disabled
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. AMD High Performance power settings selected
Soundcard: RME UFX firewire. Master clock: Black Lion Microclock MKII XB
Other: UAD Opto-2 8 PCIe card. 1394b PCIe card TI chip

Hello

Just because another DAW is working fine does not mean the issue is with Studio One. Others are working quite fine so the reverse could be argued, I would suggest creating a new thread for this issue (or point to URL in this forum) in the meantime so it can be troubleshooted, you need to tell us exactly you what did on that thread to try to fix this and supply appropriate feedback. In the meantime you can do this..

1) If you have turbo features on your motherboard BIOS turn it off (such as hyperthreading). Also try turning off "high performance power".
2) In Windows power saving advanced you will see CPU min/max. Make sure these are on 100%
3) Update your display and audio drivers.
4) Consider updating motherboard BIOS
5) Make sure your antivirus excludes DAW processes and files (do not disable).
6) Goto Intel driver update website (or AMD equivalent).
7) Turn off windows non essential services
8) Turn off non essential startup processes.
9) Try to rule out the issue on a per project basis? Do you have a poorly behaved plugin for instance? (Do things return to normal if you remove a plugin?).

Then troubleshoot with process monitor and latencymon.
Also there are various optimizations you can do with a Geforce 1060, if you create another thread and I let you know.
Always back up.

And if all fails log a call with support:
https://www.presonus.com/support/Contac ... al-Support

61 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4