648 postsPage 30 of 33
1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Go to your Audio IN/OUT setup page and select outputs.

ADD another stereo output pair. It might show that as Sub 1 but you can rename that at this point and maybe call it REF out.

Select the same two outputs for this new output buss as the MAIN.

Create a track and now route its output to your new buss e.g. Sub 1 or REF Out. This track will now play direct to the outputs on your interface and bypass all MAIN Outs or normal signal flow. The rest of your session can stay routed to MAIN as normal.

Be aware that any reference track will be mastered and could be quite a bit louder than your MAIN outs mixing session. All you have to here is just drop the track level so it matches your main mix level leaving the MAIN outs. Which will more than likely be unmastered.

I see that TomB has just posted the same thing. Except that I noticed that the extra output fader will not appear until you select Outputs right over on the left hand side of the mixer view.

If you want to match output levels from the ref track and your mix insert either a VU meter or the Presonus Level Meter (in K system mode) into both the output faders. Now you can adjust the ref track to match the output from your main outs. This is pretty important otherwise the ref track will blast you and then you might think it is better because it is louder thing. Obviously you would no processing either on either the ref channel audio track or its output.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by johndefiore on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 pm
Got it now, thanks very much for the help everyone!

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM

ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
3 cats 1 crazydog
Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
Win 10
S1 3.5 Professional
by gregghart on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm
Thanks all. I'm also a Sonar transplant. Yes, I was shocked to hear the news about them, and quite honestly, a little worried about the future. I called my Sweetwater rep (Jimmy Hart...tell him Gregg Hart sent ya'...no relation) and he suggested Studio One. In fact, here were his exact words, "Yeah, I couldn't believe the news when I heard it, but let's be honest, they really didn't have the attention of the market as a whole. Not like Presonus does. Studio One is quickly becoming the industry standard."

I was surprised to hear this, thinking that ProTools was considered that. But who can afford that software on my budget. He then told me that he has had quite a few ProTools converts to Studio One. He then offered me a killer "crossgrade" deal including Notion for $179. I couldn't turn that down. So here I am today.

I haven't quite figured out Notion. I can't get all my VSTis to behave in it. I was thinking I could use that sort of as a note sequencer and import transcription that I create into SO3, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get all my VSTis to play nice. I got them recognized, but I don't like that you can't scan an entire directory and have to pick them out one by one (or am I doing something wrong?) And some of them won't actually play the sound I want...they just play the "default" sound of the VSTi regardless of how I set it.

Honestly, what I love about SO3 is it's speed and stability. So not used to that. Sonar was very prone to crashing...to the point where I felt I needed to save every 5 minutes. I have only had one crash with SO3, and honestly, it wasn't the software's fault. A device became unplugged while I was using it and my computer actually wigged out, which I believe caused the crash in SO3.

Also, it's pretty intuitive. Oh...and I love the Project screen. SO amazing.

So far, the only thing I really miss from Sonar is the pattern based Step Sequencer. I understand there are 3rd party ones out there, I just need to try them out. Anything you recommend?

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by rodshort on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 pm
Just some observations.... I am starting to find my way around SO3. There are basically only a few things I am missing, so far, about SONAR. There are many things I am really liking about SO3.
I do miss the Concrete Limiter, the Console Emulator, and the Quad Curve EQ. All of these can be dealt with by buying some new plugins. (It was nice to have those things included in SONAR)
I do wish the track colors were more adjustable. They are sooooo bright! I would love to see them able to be toned down. Also, the text in the track names (in both the console/mixer and the track/edit views) could be larger or more legible somehow. It would also be very helpful to have a polarity/phase switch accessible on the track header and, or the console channel.
Now that Cakewalk has been purchased by someone, even if they successfully resurrect SONAR, I am leaning toward staying with SO3.
Just my two cents.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by JohnBW on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:53 pm
Another thing to consider is that Studio One is only on version 3. It is great now, but It's only bound to get better with time.

If you find that you are missing a few go-to plugins, those are easily replaced with 3rd party solutions.

I am glad to hear that Sonar will survive in one form or another, but now that I'm here l plan to stick with the more stable young code base of Studio One. It just feels more stable and streamlined to work with.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by jpettit on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:13 pm
rodshort wrote1) I do miss the Concrete Limiter,
2) Console Emulator,
3) Quad Curve EQ.
4) these can be dealt with by buying some new plugins.
5) I do wish the track colors were more adjustable. They are sooooo bright! I would love to see them able to be toned down.
6) Also, the text in the track names (in both the console/mixer and the track/edit views) could be larger or more legible somehow.
7) It would also be very helpful to have a polarity/phase switch accessible on the track header and, or the console channel.

1) Presonus Limiter
2) Better than a console emulation plugin, Mix-FX which can go beyond a plugin as it is integrated into the mix engine.
3) Pro EQ
4) Buying additional 3ed party plugins is always an option to weigh again the quality of the built-ins
5) Please add your vote /comments to Answers in the space.
6) Add and FR or use scaling on your desktop
7) They obviously decided against it in favor of clean channels but please add FR.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by rodshort on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:41 pm
1) I have tried the Presonus Limiter and, it's not bad but, the Concrete limiter did "something" to the sound that I have yet to match in any other limiter I have tried. A certain "sound".
2) The Console Emulator on the Neve setting adds a very pleasing (to me) upper, low end bump that the one in SO3 does not.
3) Yes, I need to work with the Pro EQ more to become more acquainted with it.
4) So far, I find many (not all) of the built in plugins somewhat lacking for my needs/tastes.
5) ???
6) Not sure how to utilize scaling.
7) I understand clean channels but, polarity/phase is a MUST if you record live drums and it is inconvenient to have to add a plugin to do it when it could just be right there.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by jpettit on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 pm
rodshort wrote5) ???
6) Not sure how to utilize scaling.
7) I understand clean channels but, polarity/phase is a MUST if you record live drums and it is inconvenient to have to add a plugin to do it when it could just be right there.

5) There is probably already an FR fro GUI color improvements for you to vote on.
6) Available on WIn 10 or Mac usually found in display settings
7) Drummer's for sure are the first to ask for this. It is interesting that a company that makes great mixers with phase clearly part of the fat channel don't have phase and preamp. I would bet this FR is already in Answers to vote on as well.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by glennbird on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 am
NO...NO......NO......NO!!!!!

Sonar Platinum owner and user here. When the bad news broke, I started looking around for my next DAW. Jumped into the demo version of Pro Tools because, you know, industry standard...hated it.

Couple of weeks ago dl'ed the demo Version of Studio One Professional. LOVED IT! Straight away. Easy to use, great quality, intuitive and above all, compared to Sonar, everything works.

Didnt even wait until the Demo trial period was half over I pulled the trigger and started my relationship with Studio One Professional. Trouble is I paid FULL FREIGHT from the Presonus store which was something like $530 AUD.

Then I figure, I should frequent the Studio One forums like I used to at Sonar to learn from others. First thing I see is this thread......

Is there something I can do retrosepctively, can I get a refund or something?

Edit> It pays to read properly, I see that the offer was good until the end of 2017....as you were. I also was to slow/stupid to purchase the crossgrade option, just the full freight option. Oh well, lucky I REALLY like Studio One
by JohnBW on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:49 am
I think the Studio One crossgrade price is still $199USD.

So maybe contact the seller to inquire about an adjustment?

by glennbird on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:00 am
EPILOGUE.....

Presonus has very quicky provided my with an adjustment and refunded me the difference between the full purchase and the crossgrade price. Already in love with the software and now backed up with this kind of service.

Looking forward to a long relationship with Presonus and Studio One.
by zoheirmokeddem on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:14 pm
Now this is gentlemen moves , cudos to presonus ....
by patm300e on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 am
They refunded me when I overpaid as well. I am impressed with the customer service. I am also impressed with how easy Studio One is to use. I am hooked. I have replaced my keyboard with one that has stickers for Studio One!

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by cpowell on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 am
I am a few full mixes in with Studio One now. I have also tracked 5 songs with it.

I must admit that I really am liking it quite a bit. It is very nice.

If only it could do just a few more things, things that SONAR does, Studio One would be perfect.

Those things are...

Having the ability to set different Auto Punch and Loop regions simultaneously (like SONAR)

Mix Recall like SONAR. I know there is that Save as New Version thing, but honestly, that is very lacking, no where near where it should be

Screen Sets like SONAR. I know you can save Console snapshots or whatever, but Screen Sets in SONAR is much deeper and useful.

Track Templates like SONAR. This is a must. This has to be in the near future, at least I hope it is. I know I can make Song Templates, but it is not the same as Track Templates. I will explain later why this is so important. But it is beyond HUGE.

Other than that, I love the snappy feel Studio One has. I love the deep integration with the FaderPort. I love everything about it really. It is an absolute great DAW. I am using my studio as a commercial studio for paying clients, making an income from audio that my family has come to depend on. Studio One has stood up with no problems in this fast moving sometimes stressful environment.

If those features I mentioned above are ever implemented, it would truly be game over. Studio One would be undisputed.

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by jpettit on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 am
cpowell wrote1) Having the ability to set different Auto Punch and Loop regions simultaneously (like SONAR)

2) Mix Recall like SONAR. I know there is that Save as New Version thing, but honestly, that is very lacking, no where near where it should be

3) Screen Sets like SONAR. I know you can save Console snapshots or whatever, but Screen Sets in SONAR is much deeper and useful.

4) Track Templates like SONAR. This is a must. This has to be in the near future, at least I hope it is. I know I can make Song Templates, but it is not the same as Track Templates. I will explain later why this is so important. But it is beyond HUGE.

All are FR in Answers. (link at top of the forum) Click on "most voted" link and most will be on the first page or so.
Please add your vote.

by rodshort on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:16 pm
How do you vote on FR's? I clicked on the "thumbs up" and it says I need to log in (I already am logged in) or register to vote (Can't find anywhere to do that).

by jpettit on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:02 am
When it says log in, re-login.
Then find the FR again then you can vote.

by phildarg on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm
Hi - I have two questions:
1) where is the setting to make playback stop once it hits the End marker?
2) How can I add a few extra measures to the front of a piece to allow a greater count in for recording?
Thanks!
by phildarg on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm
Okay - I found the answer to the precount - but what about making playback stop at the end marker?
by JohnBW on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:54 pm
phildarg wroteOkay - I found the answer to the precount - but what about making playback stop at the end marker?

This?
viewtopic.php?p=161410#p161410

648 postsPage 30 of 33
1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33