648 postsPage 28 of 33
1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33
Just wanted to say, as I get deeper into S1 and use it more and more, together with the fantastic FaderPort 8, I am not missing SONAR at all. In fact, I am finding myself thinking that when I went into the DAW market for the first time a couple years back, I probably made a mistake when I chose SONAR over S1 to begin with. (I was a devoted VS-2480 workstation user for years until that finally died on me.)

At first, I was missing the ProChannel for it's "one-stop-shop" for nearly everything I needed plugin-wise. Now, with the release of the Waves Schepps Omni Channel, this "missing piece" has totally been filled. It even has VU metering and a input trim control, which was another missing piece (the trim.) This plugin is SO flexible and it sounds fantastic. It has a very very low CPU hit so it is easily an "every-channel plugin" if you want to use it that way. I encourage everyone to check it out and see if it doesn't work for them.

I was initially thinking I would keep existing projects in SONAR and finish them up there and only do new stuff in S1. Now that I am a couple months in with S1, I am finding that the extra trouble of exporting my SONAR stuff and bringing it in to S1 is well worth the effort and I am not looking back.

Anyone else feeling the same? Or different?

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by patm300e on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 am
darrenporter1 wroteAt first, I was missing the [SONAR] ProChannel for it's "one-stop-shop" for nearly everything I needed plugin-wise. Now, with the release of the Waves Schepps Omni Channel, this "missing piece" has totally been filled. It even has VU metering and a input trim control, which was another missing piece (the trim.) This plugin is SO flexible and it sounds fantastic. It has a very very low CPU hit so it is easily an "every-channel plugin" if you want to use it that way. I encourage everyone to check it out and see if it doesn't work for them.

And on Sale now for $49.00!
https://www.waves.com/plugins/scheps-om ... ni-channel

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by darrenporter1 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:27 am
patm300e wrote
darrenporter1 wroteAt first, I was missing the [SONAR] ProChannel for it's "one-stop-shop" for nearly everything I needed plugin-wise. Now, with the release of the Waves Schepps Omni Channel, this "missing piece" has totally been filled. It even has VU metering and a input trim control, which was another missing piece (the trim.) This plugin is SO flexible and it sounds fantastic. It has a very very low CPU hit so it is easily an "every-channel plugin" if you want to use it that way. I encourage everyone to check it out and see if it doesn't work for them.

Do some searching... you can get it for less than that with the right discount codes at a couple of online vendors!

I think I paid $37 for it.

by JohnBW on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:59 am
darrenporter1 wrote
patm300e wrote

Do some searching... you can get it for less than that with the right discount codes at a couple of online vendors!

I think I paid $37 for it.

$37.87 at everyPlugin.com with code 'yny23'

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by darrenporter1 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:02 pm
Yes thanks. I think that's the one I used.

Now, when Abbey Road Plates goes on a similar sale I think my plugin purchasing will be done for a while.

by rodshort on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 pm
One problem I am having with S1 is the size and clarity of text in the GUI. The older I get, the worse my eyesight gets. I have a lot more problem being able to read the text in S1 than I do in Sonar. It seems smaller and with less contrast to me.
Something else I'd love to see is a way to adjust just the background color in events/clips and access to more muted/pastel colors. All the colors are pretty bright and glaring to me.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by themaartian on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:08 pm
darrenporter1 wroteYes thanks. I think that's the one I used.

Now, when Abbey Road Plates goes on a similar sale I think my plugin purchasing will be done for a while.

I picked up AR Plates last September for $23. That was some time ago, so hopefully, you won't have to wait too long. Good luck!

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by darrenporter1 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:31 pm
yeah it's only a "regular sale price" of $99 so it will eventually go to $39 or $29 before too long.

by jpettit on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am
Let’s keep on topic here please.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by garryknight on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:40 pm
rodshort wroteSomething else I'd love to see is a way to adjust just the background color in events/clips and access to more muted/pastel colors. All the colors are pretty bright and glaring to me.

Quite a few of us have asked for this since 3.0. You could vote it up on the feature request forum.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by Boydie on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Hi

Is there a modifier key to lock the position of events when dragging up and down to either a different track or up and down in the PRV

In SONAR the "shift" key would keep the clip/notes at the same timing location whilst dragging up and down

How can I do the same in Studio One?

To check out my music please visit:
http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Specs: Vortex Laptop i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB, 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 750GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, BluRay, USB 2 & 3, Firewire,
Audio Interface: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra + Focusrite VRM Box
Sonar Platinum Refugee Now Happily Using Studio One Pro :+1
by JohnBW on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:52 pm
I think that I saw in one of the videos that it is built in and follows the snap settings while dragging between tracks.

And from the manual:
When dragging an Event from one Track to another (up or down), the position of the Event is constrained within an automatic snapping range to make it easy to keep the Event at the same time position. To defeat this snapping, hold Shift while dragging the Event up or down.

Edit: I just noticed that shift does not function as described. I wonder if the manual needs an update? When I hit shift, I could not drag at all.

by daniellesaux on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 pm
Boydie wroteHi

Is there a modifier key to lock the position of events when dragging up and down to either a different track or up and down in the PRV

In SONAR the "shift" key would keep the clip/notes at the same timing location whilst dragging up and down

How can I do the same in Studio One?

Studio One does this automatically and the default is to have this function active. Click +Shift overrides this function.

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by JohnBW on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 pm
Yes, click + shift works, but the manual could be a bit more clear on this. Typical use of a modifier implies that you press a key before you click... But this feature works in reverse, in that you click first, then modify. Not very intuitive... I have never seen an application work in this manner before that I can recall...

by Boydie on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 am
Thanks guys - I must have either had snap off or I was automatically pressing shift (Sonar muscle memory) and turning it off each time!! DOH!

Thanks guys - loving Studio One!!!

Specs: Vortex Laptop i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB, 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 750GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, BluRay, USB 2 & 3, Firewire,
by daniellesaux on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 am
Boydie wroteThanks guys - I must have either had snap off or I was automatically pressing shift (Sonar muscle memory) and turning it off each time!! DOH!

Thanks guys - loving Studio One!!!

Hi Boydie, I remember you from the Sonar forums. I got Studio One soon after Cakewalk collapsed and I feel like I'm already completely up to speed with it. Groove 3 and Studio One Expert videos really helped! Best of luck! 😊

Peace!

Dan

Intel UHD Graphics 750
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus Faderport 2018
by Boydie on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:10 pm
Hey DAN

Yes, I am loving it and pretty much up to speed (bar the odd quirk that catches me out every now and then but the learning curve is less steep than I expected)

I leapt with both feet and got the FaderPort 8 - what an amazing combo!!!

The only niggle left is the lack of "sound on sound" recording - e.g. If I want to record something to the same track it mutes the previously recorded clips/events whilst recording

I know there are workarounds but I do hope this gets added in a future update

by daniellesaux on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 pm
Boydie wroteHi

Ah, British eh? The "whilst" gave it away! 😋 I'll see you around the forums! 🙂

Peace!

Dan

Intel UHD Graphics 750
PreSonus Faderport 2018
by josephbennett1 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:58 pm
Is there a way to create fade ins and fade outs on multiple audio clips at once?
I just got done cleaning up 4 tracks of Toms and I'd like to do a quick fade on all of the remaining clips at once.
In Sonar you could select all of the clips and hold CTRL and create fades on all of the clips at once.
I can't figure out how to do this in Studio One.
I couldn't find it in the manual
Thanks

Studio One 4 Pro, Studio 192 interface ,DP88 , Presonus Sceptre 8s, Temblor T10.
Former 17 year Sonar User.
https://soundcloud.com/joe-b-10
by Steve Carter on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 am
Hi Joseph....
You can drag around the clips to simultaneously activate them (will show with an outline, light blue outline I think, and if enlarged/zoomed sufficiently will also show the clips fade/amplitude adjust points) and when you create a fade in one of them, the other highlighted/activated clips will follow suit...
Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

648 postsPage 28 of 33
1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33