648 postsPage 29 of 33
1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
josephbennett1 wroteIs there a way to create fade ins and fade outs on multiple audio clips at once?
I just got done cleaning up 4 tracks of Toms and I'd like to do a quick fade on all of the remaining clips at once.
In Sonar you could select all of the clips and hold CTRL and create fades on all of the clips at once.
I can't figure out how to do this in Studio One.
I couldn't find it in the manual
Thanks

SHIFT+X worked for me.

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by Jemusic on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:49 pm
Just select all the clips (e.g. on a track) that you want to effect at once. Apply the fade ins and outs to say the first clip and all the others will follow. It is actually easier than in Sonar.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by zoheirmokeddem on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:47 pm
Hi guyz , just wanted to ask a question about crossplatform compatibility :

If we create one project Under Strudio one in osx , then want to open it in a Windows version or vice verca , is it working ? plugins are recalled even if not the same format ?
by Jemusic on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:30 am
I do this as I have Studio One installed on both platforms. The answer is definite yes. No problems at all. As long as any plugins that you use on one machine are installed in the other. If you are just going from using the bundled plugins from one machine to the other then no issues at all.

Even if a plugin is not on the receiving machine you will see it shown in the inserts in red indicating that plugin is not present. The session will still play as well. Just without the plugin.

When transferring from Mac to PC and back etc you will need the drive to be formatted in such a way as to be visible and writable to both as well. (EX FAT from memory)

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by zoheirmokeddem on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am
Jemusic wroteI do this as I have Studio One installed on both platforms. The answer is definite yes. No problems at all. As long as any plugins that you use on one machine are installed in the other. If you are just going from using the bundled plugins from one machine to the other then no issues at all.

Even if a plugin is not on the receiving machine you will see it shown in the inserts in red indicating that plugin is not present. The session will still play as well. Just without the plugin.

When transferring from Mac to PC and back etc you will need the drive to be formatted in such a way as to be visible and writable to both as well. (EX FAT from memory)

Great news , i will synchronise both install with the same plugins , my concern is that sometime S1 uses one format instead of another , a projects saved with VST2 plugins can't be opened with VST 3 version of those , so i'm concerned about how it will hand the AU /vst selection ....
by josephbennett1 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Steve Carter wroteHi Joseph....
You can drag around the clips to simultaneously activate them (will show with an outline, light blue outline I think, and if enlarged/zoomed sufficiently will also show the clips fade/amplitude adjust points) and when you create a fade in one of them, the other highlighted/activated clips will follow suit...
Regards...

That worked. Thank you
When I first tried it, The clips highlighted differently.
Now I have the light blue outline and it's working fine

I may have had an improper tool selected at first.
If I remember correctly, all of the clips had a blue haze covering them.

Growing pains. But overall enjoying my new DAW

Studio One 4 Pro, Studio 192 interface ,DP88 , Presonus Sceptre 8s, Temblor T10.
Former 17 year Sonar User.
https://soundcloud.com/joe-b-10
by cpowell on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:33 pm
Why can I not get my Wilkinson Audio DeBleeder VST to show up in Studio One? I have gone to locations and added the folder in there, but the plugin never shows up. Is there hope?

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by ionian on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 pm
cpowell wroteWhy can I not get my Wilkinson Audio DeBleeder VST to show up in Studio One? I have gone to locations and added the folder in there, but the plugin never shows up. Is there hope?

Do you know if the plug is 32 bit? It seems that Studio One doesn't see 32 bit plugs. I went through the same thing, looking for a couple of plugs that didn't show up when I realized they were 32 bit and Studio One probably doesn't see them unless they're 64.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by cpowell on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 am
I made sure that I have the DeBleeder_64.vst3 so I am assuming that is 64 bit. I really love this plugin and need it on a mix I am doing right now. I hope I can get this working or I might have to start over and import that tracks into SONAR to get it done. But my first choice is to get it working in Studio One.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who can help with this. It is very much appreciated.
-Charles

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by rodshort on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 am
Is there no global FX on/off in S!? If it's there, I haven't found it. Can't find anything about it in the ref manual.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by dcumpian on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 am
cpowell wroteI made sure that I have the DeBleeder_64.vst3 so I am assuming that is 64 bit. I really love this plugin and need it on a mix I am doing right now. I hope I can get this working or I might have to start over and import that tracks into SONAR to get it done. But my first choice is to get it working in Studio One.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who can help with this. It is very much appreciated.
-Charles

S1 will only load VST3 plugins if they are in the standard VST3 location. If the installer let you put them somewhere else, or you moved it manually, put it back.

It's also possible that the plugin is in the right place but failed to load. If that is the case, try resetting the blacklist and restarting S1.

Regards,
Dan
by cpowell on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:26 am
I got it! Thank you. I had to copy the .dll's to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and then it worked!

Thank you all very much.
-Charles

RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by JohnBW on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am
64-bit VST3 '.vst3' must be placed in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3'.

Only VST2 '.dll' files will work in the paths you have listed.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by Jemusic on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm
rodshort wroteIs there no global FX on/off in S!? If it's there, I haven't found it. Can't find anything about it in the ref manual.

There certainly is. And its is mighty handy too.

It is right at the bottom of the Tracks pane. (even if you have a limited number of tracks it appears at the very bottom of this pane) Down there you will see three widgets. One for master M, S and the third is the power switch for the global effects. Hit this and all effects will be switched on or off as required.

Very cool for tracking for example if you have lots of higher latency effects inserted everywhere. Switch them off, set a super low buffer and away you go. Tracking with virtually low latency. Once done switch all back on and reset your buffers again e.g. for playback.

I also find the master Mute and Solo buttons real handy too. Great for killing all mutes and solos in order to hear everything in your mix but you can go back to where they were set previously.

by rodshort on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 pm
Jemusic : Thanks! That's great! I tried a search in the ref manual for everything I could think of that was relevant and, got nothing. In Sonar it was a button labeled "FX", pretty self explanatory. Since I had no FX on anything, that widget was inactive.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Jemusic on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:55 pm
Yeah the manual is a little behind. I will tell you where you will get very up to date info and that is on the Studio One Expert website. What they usually do is when an update is released, shortly after they will put up a video there explaining in detail all aspects of the update.

Not sure when Global FX bypass came in exactly but the video that came out just after that certainly explains it. It pays to keep a regular eye on that website. Not just for the update videos but they are often just putting up tips videos on how to do this and that. All very helpful indeed. As well as new releases for hardware and software etc. They also have some really great Friday Free plug-ins too.

http://www.studio-one.expert

by doncolga on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 pm
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say hello to all on this thread. I spent much time over the years on the Cakewalk forums. I moved to Studio One in late Spring 2017 and really didn't touch Sonar much after that, so I wasn't blindsided by the closing, but I really regret it. Anyway, good to see some familiar faces here. I hope you all are enjoying S1 as much as I am.

Donny

HP Z220 I7, 16 GB RAM
RME Multiface II PCIe Interface
Windows 10 64 Bit
Studio One Pro V5.1.1.61815
by johndefiore on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm
Quick question: In SONAR I used to put a reference track of a similar type of music on a track and route its output directly to the audio interface stereo outputs.

That way I could A/B my mix with the reference track by soloing or muting the reference track, and I would bypass the mastering plugs on the main bus since the reference track was obviously already mastered.

In S1 I can't seem to route a track past the master bus directly to the audio interface. I can create a pre-master bus that has the mastering plugs on it and route the reference track around it to main, but is there a better way to do it?

Sorry if this has been discussed or is obvious, it's sometimes hard as a new user to dig through so many posts and so much documentation.

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM

ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
3 cats 1 crazydog
Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
Win 10
S1 3.5 Professional
by CTStump on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 pm
johndefiore wroteQuick question: In SONAR I used to put a reference track of a similar type of music on a track and route its output directly to the audio interface stereo outputs.

That way I could A/B my mix with the reference track by soloing or muting the reference track, and I would bypass the mastering plugs on the main bus since the reference track was obviously already mastered.

In S1 I can't seem to route a track past the master bus directly to the audio interface. I can create a pre-master bus that has the mastering plugs on it and route the reference track around it to main, but is there a better way to do it?

Sorry if this has been discussed or is obvious, it's sometimes hard as a new user to dig through so many posts and so much documentation.

Have you set up the in's and out's in the song option page under Studio One Options?

If so the output should show as an option in the Inspector or the Console, so yes you should be able to do what you ask.

Hope that helps.

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
***WARNING***Anything I post is subject to scrutiny as necessary or not... being human I'm prone to error, forgive and forget as necessary...OR NOT***WARNING*** ;)
by Tom B on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm
johndefiore wroteQuick question: In SONAR I used to put a reference track of a similar type of music on a track and route its output directly to the audio interface stereo outputs.

If I understand correctly, you'd like to send the reference tracks to the same HW outputs as the Main mix, and have the ref mix go around the Main fader.

I was able to do this creating a new output channel to the same HW output as the main mix. From the Console View:
  • Do right-menu-click almost anywhere, and select "Audio I/O Setup".
  • In the Outputs section, add a stereo output and name it. For example "Ref Mix".
  • Assign the new "Ref Mix" stereo outs to the same HW outputs as the "Main" mix.
  • A new output fader called "Ref Mix" should appear in the far right of the console.
  • In the Console view, assign the reference track(s) outputs to the "Ref Mix"
  • The two output faders "Main" and "Ref Mix" are now routed to the same HW outputs which can be controlled independently.

Hope that's what you are looking for.

-Tom

Studio One Pro 6.0.1, Win10 Pro, StudioCat i7-12700K, 64GB, GTX1050, RME UFX (Firewire), UAD-2 & Native, Waves, Toontrack, Melodyne Studio

648 postsPage 29 of 33
1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33