648 postsPage 3 of 33
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33
tjarkobusink wroteJust posted this on FB, but maybe this is a good place to share this...former Cakewalk refugee as well. .......Sonar Platinum > PreSonus S1 project migration, .........

There is an alternative method in Answers by simply using drag and drop.
I have just created Audio Stems and imported the stems in the past.

Improving Sessions data is a top ranking FR on Answers. ( although everyone is talking about there own DAW)

It might be a good idea to Start a new Thread with how to Export/Import to S1
and come up with 3-4 variation ot preserve as little or as much as possible.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by andymorris2 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 am
jpettit wroteNot at my system but I believe you can also right mouse click the bus and click add automation track

Hi jpettit :)

When I right mouse click on a buss I do not see this option.

No worries though... I'm happy with my recent discoveries :D

cheers, and thanks,

andy

edit:

What I have just found out, though, is if you right click on a send fader on a buss, or anything like that in the Console view then it brings up a context menu which gives you the option to edit or remove automation for that fader. A new Buss track then appears in Track view.

Interesting...

Home Page | SoundCloud | Bandcamp

Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum | |Studio One Pro | Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
by josalbertofuentespozo on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 am
themuzic wrote
josalbertofuentespozo wroteHi guys! thank you for all the kindness and warm welcome to us, just want to share something, i use a Novation Launchkey 61 as a HUI controller, when i change between channel groups in the mixer (to control faders, knobs and that kind of stuff), i don't have a visual cue on the mixer, i don't know where i am, if some of you ex Sonarians use HUI MIDI controllers like me, you can open a little window on the upper left of S1, before the arrow and range tool. There you can choose your controller (in my case HUI) then a window will appear giving you visual feedback about the actual channel group you are working on.

I wish that feedback could be on the mixer itself like SONAR but no big deal, maybe in future updates could be better integrated on the mixer.

Hope my little discover help a new S1 explorer like me.

Cheers

Alberto.

What mixer are you using? There is the ability to send controller feedback to some controllers.

No mixer here just using my Novation Launchkey 61 MIDI controller to operate the faders and knobs in HUI mode, in SONAR you have a visual feedback on the group you are working as you can see on the image (you can spot on red rectangles the feature i've been talking about at the bottom of the in red color), that's the only thing i miss working on S1 but i will get used to it.

https://imgur.com/a/vGS16

Thank you for your interest
by Lawrence on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 pm
andymorris2 wroteWhat I have just found out, though, is if you right click on a send fader on a buss, or anything like that in the Console view then it brings up a context menu which gives you the option to edit or remove automation for that fader. A new Buss track then appears in Track view.

Interesting...

Yes, that works for anything that moves or toggles on the Studio One UI that can be automated (I.e., not the solo button for example), faders, knobs, buttons, etc, and also with VST3 plugins, right click "Edit" to create a new envelope or to expose an existing envelope for editing, or "Remove" to directly delete one.

For plugins, It doesn't work (at least not for me) with VST2 and maybe not with AU, not sure..
by tracyespy on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm
I am another Sonar refugee or orphan.
I am a hard headed person and I wanted to jump into S1 and see what I could figure out
before referring to any videos. I was totally amazed at what all was just plain and simple to figure out. After a few days I had a "song" completed, mixed and ready to go.
Then I watched a few videos to pick up some extras. I know there is plenty that I am overlooking and am amazed at the plethora of videos out there to help me. I feel that I already have a firm grasp on S1 and am eagerly anticipating what all I can learn. Well pleased with S1 for sure.
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome and for the extra work all of you did to help when we landed here.
Again, thank you and I see a bright future for me and S1.

Windows 10 64-bit, 16 Gigs RAM, AMD Quad core CPU at 4.7, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface, M-Audio Keystation 88, Studio One 3.5 Pro, waaay too many plug-ins and a crazy desire to record music.
by juliogarca on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:04 pm
I would like to thank the entire community and especially the moderators of this forum for the welcome they give us to Cakewalk Sonar users, in particular I hope to learn and in the future contribute to make this extraordinary DAW ever bigger.

Greetings.

Studio One Professional 3.5 and Sonar Platinum
Windows 10 PRO
i5 6600K, 16 GB RAM, SSD 250 GB, HDD 2 TB
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focal Alpha 50, Korg Taktile 25
Komplete 11, T-RackS Max, Waves, Cakewalk, Softube
by davidevans15 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:19 pm
Hello All... I just finished installing Studio One 3 and I'm trying to get it to recognize my Melodyne Studio.. So far I am lost... I had it integrated in my Sonar but I don't have a clue what I need to do with Studio One... Is there anyone out there that can help???

Thanks,

Dave Evans
by Lawrence on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:24 pm
Select an audio clip and hit Ctl+M (Audio > Edit With Melodyne) and see what happens. It should just work.

I mean, it's still just a third party plugin. The integration is supported so it should just work without doing anything if Melodyne is installed on your system.
by chrisharwood on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 pm
I've been using S1 V3 since the day Cake made their announcement. Very comfortable with the program and it has some great features. I also have a faderport 8 on the way, and to me...and wonder why it isn't as important to others... but having a dedicated hardware controller as in depth as the faderport is a HUGE bonus. Sonar had the Mackie control, etc....but the faderport 8, integrated with Studio One, seems leagues ahead... at least from watching all the YouTubes. That was something I felt really lacking with Sonar.
I miss Sonar's little track icons...but actually when they first came out, I thought they were a tad goofy...but found it was really quick to see tracks, vs squinting your eyes to see track numbers....even when using custom colors.
The ARA has been flawless, if not much better in Studio One...and having Editor 4 has allowed some really nice capabilities..... creating tempo maps...etc. Stuff you could do in Sonar, but it seems to be best in Studio One.

Yep...eager to get my Faderport 8 and hook up my punch in pedal.

Lastly...I feel Studio One is geared more towards a musician and work flow and such is more logical. Sonar on the other hand seemed to be a deeper software, but it had its' price being so and sometimes it seemed "too much" ... lots of bells and whistles. Studio One seems to cut to the chase and let you use it more like a "recording studio" and knock stuff out. If you're editing 100 track MIDI instruments, for classical scoring....eh.. Sonar will do that, but I'm just editing notes and velocities for the most part...probably like 95% of most MIDI users.

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by scottmcgregor3 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:55 pm
josalbertofuentespozo wroteNo mixer here just using my Novation Launchkey 61 MIDI controller to operate the faders and knobs in HUI mode, in SONAR you have a visual feedback on the group you are working as you can see on the image (you can spot on red rectangles the feature i've been talking about at the bottom of the in red color), that's the only thing i miss working on S1 but i will get used to it.

Are you sure you mean HUI and not WAI in Sonar?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ml#1125227
by The Rocker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 am
davidevans15 wroteHello All... I just finished installing Studio One 3 and I'm trying to get it to recognize my Melodyne Studio.. So far I am lost... I had it integrated in my Sonar but I don't have a clue what I need to do with Studio One... Is there anyone out there that can help???

Thanks,

Dave Evans

Likely you just needed a reboot after installing... As Lawrence said, it should just work.

For better directed support, put your hardware and software in signature
Win8 Pro 64 sp1, i7 3770 Ivy, 32GB ram, 3.0 & 2.0 usb Studio One Pro 3 (latest ver)
Vista HomePrem 64 sp2, i7 920 Sandy, 12GB ram, 2.0 usb ....
Studio One 2 Pro latest ver.
CS18 - RM32AI, Monitor Station, Scepter 8, T10,
Rack- Studio Channel Tube, Warm Audio TB12, DBX166XL
AudioBox 44 VSL - no pops or crackles here,,,
Studio One for recording since 2012
10 Guitars, 1 Bass, Amps. Pedals/Processors, Arturia Keylab 88, Alesis QX61. mics, and more mics,
by Sacalait on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am
Thanks for putting this up!

I especially like the "What Studio One does to what Sonar does" explanation of functions! I've been running Sonar for a long time. I have around1600 songs done in it. I purchased Studio One a week or so ago and have been doing some studying. I'm certain it will be my new DAW. I'll be visiting this thread OFTEN! Thanks again!
by dramey on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:56 am
Where is my cursor? Ok I'm sure my terminology is wrong, not the mouse pointer, but the one that should show me where I am at in the song as its playing. Sometimes I can see it fine and sometimes it's just gone. I can usually get it back messing with the time/zoom slider, but it is annoying.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Creators Edition
i7-4790k @ 4GHz
32 gb Ram
Line 6 Helix as Interface
by josalbertofuentespozo on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am
scottmcgregor3 wrote
josalbertofuentespozo wroteNo mixer here just using my Novation Launchkey 61 MIDI controller to operate the faders and knobs in HUI mode, in SONAR you have a visual feedback on the group you are working as you can see on the image (you can spot on red rectangles the feature i've been talking about at the bottom of the in red color), that's the only thing i miss working on S1 but i will get used to it.

Are you sure you mean HUI and not WAI in Sonar?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ml#1125227

Yeah i was looking for something like WAI in S1, SONAR doesn't support HUI, S1 does. So the only thing i miss is the "Where am I (WAI)" visual feedback from SONAR on S1, if there's something like that on S1 i just didn't find it yet.

Regards

Alberto
by mikemanthei on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm
dramey wroteWhere is my cursor? Ok I'm sure my terminology is wrong, not the mouse pointer, but the one that should show me where I am at in the song as its playing. Sometimes I can see it fine and sometimes it's just gone. I can usually get it back messing with the time/zoom slider, but it is annoying.

By default, the "F" key toggles a function called "Follow" This will keep the play pointer on the screen. Irritatingly, the "Follow" function is disabled by quite a few functions, so you may find yourself turning that back on a few times until you discover all the ways it is auto-shut-off.

There is also a button at the top of the screen that you can mouse-click on to get that activated.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Boydie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:09 pm
Another Sonar Platinum refugee here and I also wanted to thank everyone for the warm and helpful welcome

I am also up and running very quickly thanks to the guidance and videos here and the videos posted by Johnny Geib. I have also received some excellent and timely support from PreSonus themselves

So far everything is excellent and it already feels "better" thank Sonar - something I never thought I would say as a 20+ year user

The FaderPort 8 is on its way and I don't think I will be looking back!!! :+1

I haven't tried yet but what is the equivalent to "Groove Clip Looping"

ie If I drag a file into a track will it automatically stretch to the tempo of the track - or is there a way to make it do this

Also - is it possible to add folders to the browser (ie a shortcut to my loops/samples folder) and is it possible to add a folder of favourite plugins??

To check out my music please visit:
http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Specs: Vortex Laptop i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB, 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 750GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, BluRay, USB 2 & 3, Firewire,
Audio Interface: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra + Focusrite VRM Box
Sonar Platinum Refugee Now Happily Using Studio One Pro :+1
by CTStump on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm
Boydie wroteAnother Sonar Platinum refugee here and I also wanted to thank everyone for the warm and helpful welcome

I am also up and running very quickly thanks to the guidance and videos here and the videos posted by Johnny Geib. I have also received some excellent and timely support from PreSonus themselves

So far everything is excellent and it already feels "better" thank Sonar - something I never thought I would say as a 20+ year user

The FaderPort 8 is on its way and I don't think I will be looking back!!! :+1

I haven't tried yet but what is the equivalent to "Groove Clip Looping"

ie If I drag a file into a track will it automatically stretch to the tempo of the track - or is there a way to make it do this

Also - is it possible to add folders to the browser (ie a shortcut to my loops/samples folder) and is it possible to add a folder of favourite plugins??

If your asking about slip dragging no it is not available. When you want to loop drag you use the D key and duplicate the clip until you need it to loop then drag the last clip if it doesn't match the time line or has more measures than you need.

Hope that helps and explains things.

Edit: I didn't read your post right if ypu hold the alt key when you place your curser at either end of the clip little clock appears to indicate the time stretch, make sute you set the algorythm in the inspector to the right property to insure better qiality. Also when you start a song make sure you check "stretch audio files to tempo" in the bottom of the songs dialog. Whew all that for that last item. :oops:

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
***WARNING***Anything I post is subject to scrutiny as necessary or not... being human I'm prone to error, forgive and forget as necessary...OR NOT***WARNING*** ;)
by Boydie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:05 pm
Awesome

Just had a quick play and the D for duplicate is awesome! - actually better than the Sonar approach of dragging out the clip I think!

I also found the option in the Inspector to turn on and off what Sonar would have called "groove clip" - in the inspector it is called "timestretch" in the TEMPO box when the EVENT (clip in Sonar lingo) is selected

I also got my head around the mouse scroll wheel zoom - CTRL+Scroll wheel for vertical zoom and CTRL+SHIFT+Scroll wheel for horizontal zoom

I never got this working so well in Sonar so another big plus for Studio One! :+1 :+1

I just need to find a way to add folders/shortcuts to the browser and find a better way of organising plugins

Another thing Sonar refugees are probably missing are "Track Templates"

I found this video that allows you to set up our instruments as a pseudo track template with colours, routing etc. - I haven't tried it yet but may help: https://youtu.be/2Rd4uIGSJZY

To check out my music please visit:
http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Specs: Vortex Laptop i7-3740QM (2.70GHz) 6MB, 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 750GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, BluRay, USB 2 & 3, Firewire,
Audio Interface: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra + Focusrite VRM Box
Sonar Platinum Refugee Now Happily Using Studio One Pro :+1
by PreAl on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm
Hi another Sonar nomad has arrived, So I'm busy learning the product and I'm VERY impressed so far.

Anyway I have an idea which could help Sonar users and Presonus's profits...

Make Studio One be able to naively import in Cakewalk Projects, Make it nice and easy!

I know you can export using Sonar and import into Studio One using other available formats but there's a really good reason for this idea.

1) Sonar users are worried that their application will suddenly stop working because Gibson will go down the shoot and the online licensing may fail. If Studio One can just import Sonar projects then that worry fades (there is an alternative). I appreciate that Sonar users could go through all their projects right now, but they aren't going to unless their life depends upon it... it's too much work. It just would be really helpful! Announcing that this feature will be coming in first quarter 2018 could be a very smart move indeed imho.

2) There's a die hard selection of Sonar users who will stick with their DAW, they are already stating this in the Sonar forums, Dangle this functionality in front of them and they could jump ship and change their mind.

Hope this suggestion make sense, assuming Presonus devs can debug Cakewalk's file format (or somebody spills the beans on it :) ).. Over and out.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Skip Jones on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 pm
Welcome and good call. Maybe you should post this as a Feature Request here >>> https://answers.presonus.com/

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

648 postsPage 3 of 33
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33