648 postsPage 24 of 33
1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33
In other applications and areas of interest, you'll often find a Getting Started guide for newcomers. I've even seen these for individual VSTs. But it seems to me that such a guide for S1 would have to be almost as big as the full manual.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by Lawrence on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 am
It kinda does have that, installation, setup, a section describing common editing tasks, etc. Some people apparently just don't like reading as a good 50-60% of the stuff people ask about on social media and forums is in the manual.

Studio One's manual is not the greatest, no real secret there, but that's not why people don't read it. Some don't read it because it's easier for them to just ask someone else than bother.

Exhibit A: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=28280
by rodshort on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm
I have skimmed through the entire manual to familiarize myself with it. When I run up against something I can't quite figure out, I open the manual and try to search for what I need. In many cases, it returns no results. So, I try rephrasing my search in as many ways as I can think of and, still nothing. Maybe it's just me but, I don't have the time, nor do I feel capable of memorizing all 300+ pages of the manual.
Things that were clearly displayed or very intuitive in Sonar seem buried or hidden in S1 to me. Again, maybe it's just me.
In time, I will figure it all out and learn S1. In the meantime, as I have said, I am finding a lot of what I need to know in YouTube videos and from a few very helpful folks on this forum.
Some of the concepts of S1 are very foreign to me. Just small things like having a dedicated button to "Fit All Tracks To Window" is so convenient to my way of working. I have found no way of conveniently doing this in S1. Lots of small things. It's gonna take time. Overall, I am excited to learn S1 and become a loyal user but, it is a transition. My other possible choices were Cubase and Reaper and, I chose S1. Please, bear with me as I figure it all out.
Personally, I am very conditioned to doing most of my mixing in the Arrange/Track View. S1 appears to lean more toward mixing in the Console View. So, I am trying to change my entire way of thinking. Change doesn't come easy to an OLD guy! Ha ha! I'm working on it!!

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by jpettit on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm
rodshort wroteI
1) Things that were clearly displayed or very intuitive in Sonar seem buried or hidden in S1 to me. Again, maybe it's just me.

2) Some of the concepts of S1 are very foreign to me. Just small things like having a dedicated button to "Fit All Tracks To Window" is so convenient to my way of working.

1) Yes, S1 tends to hide clutter from your eye and expect you to try/learn many shortcut keys.. (one of the design philosophies)

2) I asked for it the day I came here. I then wrote the macro for it in 2. They then added the macro as a standard macro on 3.0. Your correct that it should be the actuall behavior of Zoom Full built in.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by rodshort on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:30 pm
jpettit - Unfortunately, I am big on visuals and not that good at learning a lot of keyboard commands (ADHD). I'm really going to try to make S1 work for me but, down the road, if I can't, I'll just have to move on to Cubase I suppose. I'm pretty sure I'll get it figured out in time and I'm really trying.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Jemusic on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm
rodshort wroteSome of the concepts of S1 are very foreign to me. Just small things like having a dedicated button to "Fit All Tracks To Window" is so convenient to my way of working. I have found no way of conveniently doing this in S1.

There is a way to do this in Studio One. You do a CtrL A first to select everything and then hold SHIFT and hit S. This will always fit the entire arrangement both vertically and horizontally into the remaining window realestate.

So if you have say the mixer open down the bottom or the browser, it will still leave those open and fit the entire arrangement in. But if you have one or both of those closed then it spreads out the entire arrangement a little more to take up the remaining space.

I use this feature quite a bit. I saw it in an early Presonus video but I think it is not well known.

You could make a macro for this as well and assign that to a single key stroke.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by chrisharwood on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 pm
you know what is slick about S1 is when you do that...there is still space to drag in the next track. I like that.

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by Jemusic on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm
Sometimes if you have certain tracks at different heights for whatever reason and then you do the CtrL A plus SHIFT S thing the different track heights may still remain so.

All you have to here is first do a quick SHIFT + W command and get all the track heights the same, then do the CtrL + A and SHIFT + S thing and then they will all be equal height.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by phildarg on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:29 pm
Here's another couple of questions that have come up:

1. I don’t always have my keyboard attached, and don’t want a reminder from Studio One to plug it in – is there an option to just open the application without having it scan for my keyboard, etc.?
2. The audio summing levels seem to be different in StudioOne than they are in Sonar – has anyone else noticed this? I brought in a single audio track and gave it the same settings as in Sonar, but am getting some very different level results.
by Lawrence on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm
From the manual section Setup - Setup Your Midi Devices - Reconnect Devices

If an external device is not present when Studio One is started—for instance, if you’re traveling and don’t have some of your gear with you— the application still runs normally. You should see a warning message that makes you aware of the situation. If your setup frequently changes, you may wish to turn off this warning message by disengaging the Notify Me If Devices Are Unavailable When Studio One Starts option. [in the External Device option tab]

Later, when you start Studio One with the device connected to your computer, Studio One recognizes the device automatically, and it can be used exactly as before, with no further setup required.
by phildarg on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 pm
Great - I am looking for this options tab but can't find it - where is it?
by phildarg on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:02 pm
I found it - thanks!
by wruess on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:28 am
Need a couple of things verified please.

1. There are no 'track templates' for audio tracks in S1

2. There is no (complete) Marker list available in S1, i.e. giving ability to navigate to any named marker (beyond Transport->Go to Marker)

Cannot find these if they exist, and if they don't are there active feature requests on these items?

Thanks.
by jpettit on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:16 am
wruess wroteNeed a couple of things verified please.

2. There is no (complete) Marker list available in S1, i.e. giving ability to navigate to any named marker (beyond Transport->Go to Marker)

Cannot find these if they exist, and if they don't are there active feature requests on these items?

Thanks.

1) There is no track template. Please vote for them on Answers. http://answers.presonus.com/3937/track- ... -for-audio
2) There are markers and ability to navigate via hotkeys or right mouse timeline.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by wruess on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 am
jpettit wrote
wruess wroteNeed a couple of things verified please.

Thanks.

1) There is no track template. Please vote for them on Answers. http://answers.presonus.com/3937/track- ... -for-audio
2) There are markers and ability to navigate via hotkeys or right mouse timeline.

OK, I'll vote for track templates.

I do know about the hotkeys (Shift -B, -N) and Numpad numbers for marker navigation. Would be nice to have an actual list that shows them all. This is not a huge deal but is convenient for the way I work with tracking of live performances. (A two-hour "song" gets mapped out with named pairs of markers into, er, 'songs'. An actual marker list makes it a little easier to navigate)

Thanks for the response. I've found this forum to be a tremendous resource, and overall one of the most civil, non-rancorous forums I've come across. Special thanks to you veterans for patiently helping us Ex-Sonar newbies.
by johnbedggood on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 am
Hiya,

Just use the marker list. You can navigate to any marker just by clicking on it.

Win 7 64-bit, 4 Core i7: 16Gb DDR3 ram, Dual 20" LCD monitors
Audiobox 1818VSL, DigiMax D8, Central Station Plus, Faderport, Sceptre S8, Avantone Pro Mixcubes, Eureka Preamp (5 of),
Studio One Pro 3.5.4, Notion 6, PreSonus Symphonic Orchestra, Superior Drummer 2, CTC-1, Channel Strip Collection, Melodyne Studio 4.1, Waves Plugins
by jpettit on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:26 pm
That is what I was saying with 2) above ( right mouse click the timeline )

by wruess on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 pm
And there it is. Perfect! Thanks guys. jpettit, sorry I didn't read your initial answer carefully enough.
by davehorch on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:49 am
Yet another SONAR X3e walking zombie here...

Q: Is there a way in S13 to export audio to another audio editing program (like Adobe Audition), then save and reload the audio back into S13 semi-automagically? (Possible in SX3e and previous editions).

Thanks!, -Dave
by jpettit on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am
If you mean from a menu option. No.
It is a manual process but I think there is an FR for it.
Look in the Answers system.

648 postsPage 24 of 33
1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 33