648 postsPage 31 of 33
1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
That's it - thanks!
by phildarg on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm
Here's two more questions:

-In Piano Roll (Mix) view – what tool is used to manually input a note?

-In Track View, I want to split a pane (clip) - both MIDI and audio clips; once I navigate to the split point, what tool/process is used to split the clip into two portions?

Thanks!
by gregghart on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 am
There is a tool that looks like a pencil. Middle click in the Piano Roll View (PRV). The third icon on the top is your pencil. That will input and delete notes as you click. (One click puts it in, another deletes it).

To split a clip (any clip), simply place your arrow in the upper half of the clip, click it to get the location bar bar there, then double click the top half of the clip and it will split where the location bar is.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by phildarg on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am
Thanks!
by iainmcculloch on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 pm
Ex Sonar user for > 20 years and really liking SI so far BUT:

When I use Sampletank 3 as a multitimral vst in Studio One I only get 6 audio output channels to choose from on the Console view. Sampletank has 16 audio output channels.
How can I get the remaining 10 channels to appear?

Anyone else come across this issue?

Windows 10 Home (64 bit) : Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Installed RAM: 16GB
Omen by HP Laptop
NVIDIA geForce GTX 960M
RMI Babyface Pro USB soundcard
Behringer UMX490 MIDI Controller
by jpettit on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm
Scroll down. They should be there.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by JohnBW on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm
Yup, that scroll bar is hard to spot, unless you are looking for it.

Had me going for a minute or so... ;)

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by iainmcculloch on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm
Found the scroll bar. Now I feel like a complete numpty....many thanks for being so gentle with me :oops:

Omen by HP Laptop
NVIDIA geForce GTX 960M
by rodshort on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:45 pm
iainmcculloch : Don't feel bad. I find many things to be far too inconspicuous in S1. Things that, in my opinion should stand out and be very obvious are actually either so tiny or, just blend in so much they are often overlooked. I'm slowly finding my way around but, many things could be made more obvious for my taste.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by iainmcculloch on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 pm
rodshort wroteiainmcculloch : Don't feel bad. I find many things to be far too inconspicuous in S1. Things that, in my opinion should stand out and be very obvious are actually either so tiny or, just blend in so much they are often overlooked. I'm slowly finding my way around but, many things could be made more obvious for my taste.

Thanks. Perhaps I need to explore the possibility of customizing the GUI to make things like scroll bars more visible....

Omen by HP Laptop
NVIDIA geForce GTX 960M
by daniellesaux on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:08 am
johndefiore wroteQuick question: In SONAR I used to put a reference track of a similar type of music on a track and route its output directly to the audio interface stereo outputs.

That way I could A/B my mix with the reference track by soloing or muting the reference track, and I would bypass the mastering plugs on the main bus since the reference track was obviously already mastered.

In S1 I can't seem to route a track past the master bus directly to the audio interface. I can create a pre-master bus that has the mastering plugs on it and route the reference track around it to main, but is there a better way to do it?

Sorry if this has been discussed or is obvious, it's sometimes hard as a new user to dig through so many posts and so much documentation.

You may also want to look into https://www.samplemagic.com/details/184/magic-ab for this type of application. It goes on sale once in a while. It's designed specifically for this type of application.

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by rodshort on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 am
Is there a setting I'm missing that keeps the curser centered when zooming horizontally? It's really inconvenient to zoom out horizontally and then have to chase the curser to wherever it ends up, off screen.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by iainmcculloch on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 am
I think this zoom/centre cursor behavior might have been suggested as a feature request?

http://answers.presonus.com/23357/sonar-convert-like-see-zoom-center-view-where-playback-cursor

Omen by HP Laptop
NVIDIA geForce GTX 960M
by Steve Carter on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:46 pm
How are you zooming?

I nearly always use a touch mouse to zoom and where I position the pointer/cursor in the bar at the top of the arrange page is more or less where the zoom centres in or out.

Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by rodshort on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 am
Steve Carter : Not sure what you mean. If I zoom using the timeline/mouse scroll wheel, the curser scoots right out of the screen. In Sonar, as soon as you start zooming, the curser is centered in the screen and stays there as you zoom. That's the behavior I am trying to find.

by Steve Carter on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi again....

If I want to zoom into a track for editing purposes I position my mouse pointer vertically in line with the position in the track where I wish to zoom. I can then zoom in (vertical directional finger sweep on my touch mouse) to expand the track/event centered roughly where I pointed to on the time line.
Whether or not this is where the track position vertical play-line is depends on whether or not I position said line where I want to zoom, prior to zooming!

Hope this makes sense.
Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by phillipdixon on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:46 pm
Great to see all these new faces on this
Forum i switched from cakewalk long
before the demise of sonar.. but i recognise
a lot of names contributing here..and for sure
the thing i missed the most when switching to
Studio one was the forum ..
All the best

S1 4 pro SCAN Pro Audio 3XSystem PC (dont know the details but high end build ,64g ram 9 ssd's
To many Spitfire.VSL. (amongst others) libraries
studio logic sl 88 and korg pianos and a ton of other
stuff that i just had to have
by phildarg on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:47 pm
This is a new problem - just started today.

When I open Studio One, my mouse turns to "wait" [hourglass icon] - and seems to do it without stopping (no matter how long I wait). The CPU meter keeps spiking up to 100% as well - about every 5 seconds. This is when nothing is open or running(!).

What's going on?
by jpettit on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 pm
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=32
Follow this procedure found in FAQ to open you the stuck song.

90% chance you have a broken plugin.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by phildarg on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:51 am
Thanks - but - it isn't a stuck song.
Everything works and opens - it's just that the CPU seems to be going crazy trying to process or access something.

648 postsPage 31 of 33
1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33