648 postsPage 6 of 33
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33
If you want Studio One to be able to import Sonar Projects please vote here. Need at least 100 votes to get anywhere and 500 votes to make this convincing! So please vote now, don't just leave this be.

Go on Sonar users you can do it :+1

Thanks.

http://answers.presonus.com/23241/abili ... r-projects
Last edited by PreAl on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by zoheirmokeddem on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 am
Exellent thread , i have a question guyz that i didn't find any answer anywhere :

It's in the project view ,the metering analysis is done on the whole master channel , the problem is that on this channel , usualy in the post insert i have my speakers / headphone calibration software i'm monitoring threw ( ARC or sonarworks stuff) , but i don't want it to be taking in consideration by the analysis sofwtare , since it's biasing all anaylsis (analysis ! i'm talking goniometer , Spectrum analyse , levels ect ...)

So how to set the analysis for exemple to analyse only pre insert or at a specific place in the plugin chain ...

This can be done in samplitude ...

Thks for your helps guyz ...
by jpettit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:35 am
Yes, the built-in metering is post everything.
They can be switch off with power buttons on left.
Those same meters are available and plugins so you can insert them before your speaker emulator.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by PreAl on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:10 pm
Hello.

a) This shows how I've set up my Roland A300 Pro keyboard/controller (ignore the Faderport):
A300 Pro.PNG
A300 Pro.PNG (7.33 KiB) Viewed 18990 times

b) This shows the keyboard, the notes and pitch bend will play but MIDI learn will not work so can't use controller features of the keyboard here.
A300 - keyboard.PNG

c) I can set up the controller features of the keyboard but the notes won't play in this section. I've also tried setting this up as a controller rather than an instrument, makes little difference:
A300 controller.PNG

So it sort of works if I use both (b) + (c) but how can I combine/simplify the working functionality of (b)+(c) so I see keyboard and controller working together rather than having two separate sections?

Thanks!

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by darrenporter1 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 pm
OK so where is each channel's input gain trim knob? Absolutely vital tool but I can not find it for the life of me....

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by kenmatson on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:49 pm
Lol .... So now we are being referred to as the Cakewalking Dead .... :mrgreen:

by kenmatson on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:51 pm
darrenporter1 wroteOK so where is each channel's input gain trim knob? Absolutely vital tool but I can not find it for the life of me....

There's not one. Yes it is a deficiency for sure, and I'm sure many sonar users will be requesting it. The work around now it's either to use the clip gain where you can, which by the way is a very cool tool that sonar does not have, or use a plug-in as first insert, I think the mixtool what they recommend.

by darrenporter1 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:27 pm
kenmatson wrote
darrenporter1 wroteOK so where is each channel's input gain trim knob? Absolutely vital tool but I can not find it for the life of me....

There's not one. Yes it is a deficiency for sure, and I'm sure many sonar users will be requesting it. The work around now it's either to use the clip gain where you can, which by the way is a very cool tool that sonar does not have, or use a plug-in as first insert, I think the mixtool what they recommend.

Yeah thanks Ken. I discovered how to do it watching a couple YouTube videos... use the VU meter on the main fader, set it for your desired scale, drag the clip up or down in the track view to adjust input trim. As long as I know how to do it and it's easy it's fine with me. I just liked how the SONAR console very much resembled an analog console. Made it very intuitive to learn for us middle-aged guys who cut our teeth on analog gear.

I think us SONAR users need to be careful... we need to learn how to use what's there... in time we will get used to it. Studio One is NOT SONAR and we should not be trying to turn it into that with a gazillion feature requests - unless the feature make sense for the general population of S1 users of course.

One thing I am jazzed about is apparently someone has gotten their old VS2480 to work well with S1, something I was never able to do in SONAR... would be nice if I could get essentially a free 16-channel control surface working for me!

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by zoheirmokeddem on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:28 pm
jpettit wroteYes, the built-in metering is post everything.
Those same meters are available and plugins so you can insert them before your speaker emulator.

Thks yep i knew we can switch them off , but i wanted to use them , Studio one doesn't have docking of plugin , and no X ray either , so plugin guis are a pain to handle all around .... that's why the built in interface suite is exellent , i do wish they provide a way or a dedicated monitoring solution , people with spekaers headphones calibration are a lot of people .....

So you confirm that for now all i can do is use metering plugins in insert and not the built in to skip the plugin ?
by zoheirmokeddem on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 pm
darrenporter1 wrote
kenmatson wrote

Yeah thanks Ken. I discovered how to do it watching a couple YouTube videos... use the VU meter on the main fader, set it for your desired scale, drag the clip up or down in the track view to adjust input trim. As long as I know how to do it and it's easy it's fine with me. I just liked how the SONAR console very much resembled an analog console. Made it very intuitive to learn for us middle-aged guys who cut our teeth on analog gear.

I think us SONAR users need to be careful... we need to learn how to use what's there... in time we will get used to it. Studio One is NOT SONAR and we should not be trying to turn it into that with a gazillion feature requests - unless the feature make sense for the general population of S1 users of course.

One thing I am jazzed about is apparently someone has gotten their old VS2480 to work well with S1, something I was never able to do in SONAR... would be nice if I could get essentially a free 16-channel control surface working for me!

Insert *Mixtool in all chanells , uou will have gain and phase ...yep a pain but it can be done on all channel real fast via Maj + drag a drop ...
by zoheirmokeddem on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:26 pm
Hi amigos , i have another quik question , something i miss is the ability to mute /solo via the plugin gui wrapper , is there a way to do instead of having to do it from the channel / track ?
by cpowell on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:25 pm
jpettit wrote
cpowell wroteI am mixing a song for a cover band called Liquid Blue and they have some MIDI tracks along with the audio. I am getting sounds during the mix, but I can't any sound after I "Mixdown." I right-clicked and selected "Transform to audio" but it still doesn't work.

I know I must be missing something simple...

What specifically do you mean before and after the mix down ?

When I have Studio One open on the Song Page and am currently mixing a song, I can hear the instrument track play when I press play. All channels are audible.

If I click on "SONG" then "EXPORT MIXDOWN" the resulting stereo WAV does not have the instrument track in it, meaning it is not audible, but the rest of the tracks are, meaning all the audio tracks.

So with Studio One open, I can hear the instrument track. When I export mixdown, the resulting wave does not include the instrument track in it as being audible.

I hope I am being clear on what I mean. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by Steve Carter on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 pm
zoheirmokeddem wroteHi amigos , i have another quik question , something i miss is the ability to mute /solo via the plugin gui wrapper , is there a way to do instead of having to do it from the channel / track ?

There is an existing 'feature request' for this - please vote it up...
Regards

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jpettit on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 am
zoheirmokeddem wrote
jpettit wroteYes, the built-in metering is post everything.

Thks yep i knew we can switch them off , but i wanted to use them , Studio one doesn't have docking of plugin , and no X ray either , so plugin guis are a pain to handle all around .... that's why the built in interface suite is exellent , i do wish they provide a way or a dedicated monitoring solution , people with spekaers headphones calibration are a lot of people .....

So you confirm that for now all i can do is use metering plugins in insert and not the built in to skip the plugin ?

I just let you know how to get the meters pre your plugin.
They can be pinned open over the standard one so
You have what you're looking for.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by chrisharwood on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 pm
Anderton had a post back in the Cake forums, using a wrapper if you want to use the old Cake DX plugins...like the Sonitus stuff in particular. The compressor doesn't work though.

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by billsaunders1 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 am
Please help - I record a section of audio. ThenI place a marker towards the end of the recorded audio. I now want to record a further section of audio on the same track, hear the section between the marker and the end of the original audio, and record a second piece of audio, leaving the original piece intact.

I have selected "play overlaps" on the track, but I cannot hear the original audio when record is enabled, hence I do not know when to "come in" for the second piece of audio.

Thank you.

https://billsaunders.hearnow.com/

https://genius.com/artists/Bill-saunders

https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders

Studio One Pro5.5 Win11 64bit i7-12700 32GB ram, FaderPort 16, Focusrite 8i6 3rd gen
by billsaunders1 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 am
In Sonar, the recording mode I describe above (and what I need) is called "Sound on Sound", as opposed to the other two options which are Overwrite and Comping.

Studio One Pro5.5 Win11 64bit i7-12700 32GB ram, FaderPort 16, Focusrite 8i6 3rd gen
by kenmatson on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 am
Make sure the low latency monitoring is not on. With blue Z or green Z on, it won't play back the track if it's recording/input monitoring enabled.

by daniellesaux on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 am
I'm struggling with the piano roll view (PRV). How can I audition several notes at the same time? For example, can I select all notes in a chord and hear the chord play?

In addition, if I click on a note in the PRV, all I hear is a short burst of the note but I can't sustain it. I tried right clicking, left clicking, Ctrl + clicking, Shift + clicking, etc.

I spend a lot of time in the PRV. Hopefully there's a way to do these things. :)

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by billsaunders1 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 am
kenmatson wroteMake sure the low latency monitoring is not on. With blue Z or green Z on, it won't play back the track if it's recording/input monitoring enabled.

Thanks Ken - I am sorry, where I do I check that?

648 postsPage 6 of 33
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33