648 postsPage 33 of 33
1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
robertgray3 wrote
tomgastauer1 wroteHello,
I really appreciate is forum and all the resources it provides. I was wondering if there it's a function in Studio One to convert stereo tracks to mono as there is in Sonar. I've looked through my Users guide and checked on this forum and can't find anything about doing so. I'm using Studio One 3.5. Thank you for any help on this.

Tom

One of the simplest ways to do this at present in Studio One from the Files section in the Browser. When you navigate to the project's Media folder, you can right click on the file you wish to split to mono and select "Split to Mono Files" then drag and drop the newly created files back into the timeline.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by tomgastauer1 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 pm
Hello,
I have a question that hopefully I'm just missing the easy answer to. You all have been very helpful with my previous questions. In Sonar I could route a bus channel input to UAD Console and load processing, say an 1176 and use it to do parallel processing to, say a kick track with a send, this way saving DSP usage in the host Sonar. I don't see anyway to do this in Studio One 3.5. I've looked on Presonus forums, you tube etc., and can't find the answer. It doesn't seem that there is a way to change the input on the bus to do this. I would happily love to be an idiot on this and hope that there is a an easy way that I'm missing.

Thank you,
Tom

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by tomgastauer1 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 pm
I found the answer, right click on the bus, go to audio input, select the aux tracks in console.

Studio One 4.0, 3.5
Sonar Platinum
Faderport 8
Console One
Apollo Twin USB Duo
UAD Octo Core Satellite
Windows 7 64x
I7 Quad-core
16g ram
by reginaldStjohn on Fri May 11, 2018 1:20 pm
When dealing with midi CC lanes, specifically CC Modulation, is there a way to select groups of CC nodes below/above a certain value? For example, lets say my CC lane has a sinwave type envelope and I want to select a section in time where the values are below say %50 and delete them. How would I do that?

I know there is a transform tool that is kind of like that but I want to delete the node and I don't think the transform tool really selects the nodes like that?

Studio One v5.5, Windows 11 x64, AMD , 32GB Ram, AMD Radeon Video, Behringer X32 Producer USB interface, Line6 Helix floor, Line6 GearBox Gold
by brianmcmurtry on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 pm
OK, I bought and installed Studio One 4 Pro 2 years ago but never had the courage to fire it up after 20 years of using Cakewalk products. With my album recorded on Sonar completed, it's time to make the switch.

A new task is always daunting, but I have to say that this DAW is light years ahead of Sonar. Remote control Android app? Love it! Everything seems intuitive and optimized for workflow. This is going to be fun.
by rodshort on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:55 pm
brianmcmurtry - I bought S1 when Cakewalk went bellyup. I'm still trying to make myself switch over to it 100%. It's a great DAW but, there are just a few things that drive me nuts about it compared to Sonar/CbB. I am aware that my issues are actually fairly minor to most people and certainly don't affect the overall function of S1. However, they just serve to make me feel uncomfortable. I'm sure at some point I'll get over it but, for now....
1 - Not enough fine control of track colors. I am accustomed to complete control over hue, shade, intensity, etc. The limited and BRIGHT color pallet is very disconcerting to me.
2 - The text/font in the program is difficult for me to read. Size, color, contrast? I am older and, my eyesight is not what it used to be but, I'm sure I'm not the only one in that situation.
3 - Overall, the graphics seem a little soft and lacking clarity to me.
Now, as I said, none of these things have anything to do with the function of the program. S1 seems to me to be an outstanding DAW. I am just trying to force myself to get over these issues and start using it full time. Maybe I need a larger monitor but, I use two 27" monitors now and, these things are not an issue in Sonar/CbB. I really do want to make the move to S1, though.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by johndowning on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:46 pm
I have found the switch very easy and love Studio One. I do miss some of the tools and instruments in Sonar. Is there anyway to use them in Studio One?

I have brought in a few instruments like Rapture, Dimension, and Zt3A, but would like some of the Pro Channel tools and other effects from Sonar.

I have Studio One 5 Artist and wondered if I could take my song to Sonar for mastering, since it seems I need to shell out $299 to get Studio One Pro for effective mastering.

Thanks,
John Downing
by PreAl on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:39 am
johndowning wroteI have found the switch very easy and love Studio One. I do miss some of the tools and instruments in Sonar. Is there anyway to use them in Studio One?

I have brought in a few instruments like Rapture, Dimension, and Zt3A, but would like some of the Pro Channel tools and other effects from Sonar.

I have Studio One 5 Artist and wondered if I could take my song to Sonar for mastering, since it seems I need to shell out $299 to get Studio One Pro for effective mastering.

Thanks,
John Downing

ZT3TA+2 and Rapture Pro works fine. No idea about the other plugin try them. Pro channel tools is Sonar only. If you want studio one pro perhaps wait for a sale.. Technically you can master in anything, I'm not aware that Sonar provides specific mastering workflow away from plugins however.

Ultimately you are using studio one and 64 bit VST2/VST3 plugins.If your Sonar plugins won't work find ones that do.

If you want to use Sonar stick with Cakewalk via bandlab.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

648 postsPage 33 of 33
1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33