648 postsPage 25 of 33
1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33
Hi,

The workflow I use for this is:

1/ Export the stem from S1 as a wave file
    2/ Do my edit in Adobe Audition (usually noise removal)
    3/ Drag and drop the file back into S1

I am not aware of any easier way with Audition unfortunately.

John B

Win 7 64-bit, 4 Core i7: 16Gb DDR3 ram, Dual 20" LCD monitors
Audiobox 1818VSL, DigiMax D8, Central Station Plus, Faderport, Sceptre S8, Avantone Pro Mixcubes, Eureka Preamp (5 of),
Studio One Pro 3.5.4, Notion 6, PreSonus Symphonic Orchestra, Superior Drummer 2, CTC-1, Channel Strip Collection, Melodyne Studio 4.1, Waves Plugins
by davehorch on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm
Okay, thanks - that'll work fine. And I'll also go find the "Answers system" -Dave
by zoheirmokeddem on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:22 pm
Hi Friends ...

On my long journey to master Studio one , i finally reached the arranger track witch is brilliant .

Basically my loop is on my scratch pad and i try stuff and then add them on my arranger insector to then structure ...

All good , but when i have overlapping audio clips (witch i often have) , moving from inspector or scratch is ok , but if i move using the arranger region "type markeers" or re arrnger the order in the inspector , the move only affect what's in the region not the overlapping ..

How do you guyz handle this ?

I looked for videos , but all covers the basics , didn't found one talking about this , , i would never thought of saying this but actually there's TOO MAny videos on S1 around lol

Thks
by kenmatson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:45 am
I'm still frustrated by the zoom/sizing/centering functionality - or lack thereof in S1. I've put together strings of commands - even macros that allow me to work Ok, but a couple things I really miss.

One that SONAR has is the "Fit to Window" command. This does not change the zoom level in or out, but rather, sizes all the tracks in the track window to equal heights to fit them all in the window vertically - where you can see every track. If there are just too many tracks, it makes them all as small as reasonable (to still see track name) and fits as many as possible in. Related to this is the "Fit Project" which does the same thing but also sizes horizontally to fit all events in left to right. S1's "Zoom Full" seems to do this or be close to it - close enough anyway, but i really want the Fit to Window.

I've been unable to find or cobble together anything that reliably/consistently does the same thing in S1 regardless of track count, number of events, length of song, etc.. Am I missing something or is this an FR?

by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:54 am
kenmatson wrote
One that SONAR has is the "Fit to Window" command.
it makes them all as small as reasonable (to still see the track name) and fits as many as possible in. Related to this is the "Fit Project" which does the same thing but also sizes horizontally to fit all events in left to right.

S1's "Zoom Full" seems to do this or be close to it - close enough anyway, but
I really want the Fit to Window.

So you want it to size ONLY to a level that is readable?

Try adding a step to my Zoom All (on Exchange) or PreSonus Zoom Full macro to change the size to an explicit size at the end of the macro.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by kenmatson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:39 am
well see - SONAR has a minimum track height that is just large enough to read the track name - so you can't go smaller than that - manually or otherwise. That is what I want - for many smaller projects, it is not an issue as 12-14 tracks fit just fine - keep in mind I dedicate a monitor to just the track view.

I guess - easiest thing to say is I'd like it to work like SONAR Fit to Window.

by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 pm
Try it.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by davehorch on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm
S13 newbie / SX3e refugee...

In SONAR, I like that each audio track has it's own FX bin. It's a nice little box with all the FX's for that track listed. That may be the case with S13, but there's no "nice little box". Also, it seems that if I add, say a reverb effect on an S13 audio track, then a new "reverb" fader is created in the mixer view (I don't like that). I'm pretty sure this is a "suck it up, buttercup" situation, but is there a better way to associate a dedicated FX bin with and audio track than what I've found in S13 yet?

thx, -dh
by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:39 pm
Read th original post and the next one.
Tracks and audio channels are two different conceptions in S1 and they are not always 1:1. In Sonar they were the same thing.

If you are getting an FX fader you are not adding it the channel but are actually adding an FX bus channel.

by kenmatson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:52 pm
jpettit wroteTry it.

I think you are misunderstanding.

It should size to fit however many tracks are there. so if there is one track, it will take 100% of the space and be really tall! 2 - tracks get half each, 3 tracks a third, 4 tracks a 4th and so on. In other words - "size all the tracks equally so that they all fit in the window at once."

The minimum specific height thing only comes into play if there are lots of tracks and they won't all fit even if sized to the minimum allowable height. Then - it just sizes to that and fits as many as it can - gotta scroll for the rest.

by zoheirmokeddem on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm
kenmatson wrotewell see - SONAR has a minimum track height that is just large enough to read the track name - so you can't go smaller than that - manually or otherwise. That is what I want - for many smaller projects, it is not an issue as 12-14 tracks fit just fine - keep in mind I dedicate a monitor to just the track view.

I guess - easiest thing to say is I'd like it to work like SONAR Fit to Window.

To avoid stpid resizing of clips , i managed 2 option :

1) one macro that feet size then zoom at loop if you re wirking on loop

2) just feet to size , and to avoid hat clip'zoom to stupid , modify your end marker because it will feet the songs length ...

So for me as a template i made a defaut length that i m stiking with 90 % during creation , then when i start to structure , i change loop , and feet to loop then ...
by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:19 pm
kenmatson wrote
jpettit wroteTry it.

It should size to fit however many tracks are there. so if there is one track, it will take 100% of the space and be really tall! 2 - tracks get half each, 3 tracks a third, 4 tracks a 4th and so on. In other words - "size all the tracks equally so that they all fit in the window at once."

The minimum specific height thing only comes into play if there are lots of tracks and they won't all fit even if sized to the minimum allowable height. Then - it just sizes to that and fits as many as it can - gotta scroll for the rest.

OK I see it is an “if then” problem.
Sounds like an FR.
We S1 people like the 2 pixel track height ;-)

by kenmatson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm
jpettit wrote
kenmatson wrote
jpettit wroteTry it.

OK I see it is an “if then” problem.
Sounds like an FR.
We S1 people like the 2 pixel track height ;-)

I'm even okay with that as long as it would size them equally without zooming in or out and for as many tracks as it can, equally-sized, in the view vertically

by adamthomas5 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:22 pm
kenmatson wroteIt should size to fit however many tracks are there. so if there is one track, it will take 100% of the space and be really tall! 2 - tracks get half each, 3 tracks a third, 4 tracks a 4th and so on. In other words - "size all the tracks equally so that they all fit in the window at once."

Ken, I had the same issue after switching from Sonar. I posted about it earlier in this thread, as it's probably my most used shortcut key. There is a way to do both the Sonar "shift+F" and "F" commands:

For Sonar "shift+F" which zooms the entire project vertically & horizontally to fit in the window, there is already a standard macro in the toolbar. Click on the "macro toolbar" icon in the ribbon - it's the macro under Zoom - Overview. Assign it to whatever key you'd like (I use shift+F, of course).

For Sonar "F" which zooms the tracks only vertically to fit in the available space, I had to write my own macro.
Title: Fit Tracks Vertically
Group: Zoom
Commands:
Zoom | Track Height Normal
Navigation | First Track
Navigation | Last Track Extend
Edit | Deselect All
Zoom | Zoom to Selection (State "1")
Navigation | First Track

I'm pretty proficient in S1 at this point, and I don't really miss the slow load times & buggy behavior of Sonar. Unfortunately, there are quite a few basic features missing (zoom commands, pause button, offset mode) but I've discovered work-arounds for most.
by jpettit on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 pm
kenmatson wroteI'm even okay with that as long as it would size them equally without zooming in or out and for as many tracks as it can, equally-sized, in the view vertically

OK, you lost me again.

However, just add Zoom to track Height Overview to a copy of your Zoom Overview and it makes all track as small as possible and still readable

Name it Zoom Track Names?

by davehorch on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:34 pm
First - thanks for everyone's help so far. Yes, I'm a SONAR zombie...
My latest issue is EZDrummer. I have the "older version" - version 1.1.42?. I can drag the instrument into a S13 song, but I get NO SOUND when I tap on the drums in the EZD GUI that pops up. In SONAR I could wait for the kit to load, then click any drum (etc.) and I would hear it. I get no sound when I try that in S13. Do I need to get EZD version2 in order for it to play nice with S13?

Thanks in advance, I truly appreciate it! -Dave
by davehorch on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:34 am
davehorch wrote... My latest issue is EZDrummer. I have the "older version" - version 1.1.42?. I can drag the instrument into a S13 song, but I get NO SOUND when I tap on the drums in the EZD GUI that pops up. In SONAR I could wait for the kit to load, then click any drum (etc.) and I would hear it. I get no sound when I try that in S13. Do I need to get EZD version2 in order for it to play nice with S13?

I should mention that I'm running the 32bit version of Studio One 3 Pro (mainly so I can use my extensive collection of 32bit VST effects and such), if that makes any difference. "Standalone" EZDrummer (v1) works, and it works in SONAR. I routing all the EZDrummer outputs to "1", but no sound.

Thanks again, -Dave
by rodshort on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:22 pm
I have a question regarding license activation.
I have S1 on my main studio computer. I would like to temporarily put it on my laptop, as well so I can explore and learn it when I am not in the studio. Once I get it all figured out, I will probably remove it.
Anyway, from what I understand, you can have 5 activations. Right? Is that 5 activations per year, or forever, or what? I don't get it. Actually, I don't understand why I should have any limitation.
Also, will having S1 installed on my laptop in any way conflict with my installation on my studio computer?

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Jemusic on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm
You do have 5 activations and there is no time limit associated with them. You are welcome to install Studio One on your laptop. But you will need use a second activation in order for it to work there. And it won't have any effect on your main installation either.

Once you are done with the laptop you can then remove the program and go into your account and readjust your activations easily from 2 back to 1 again.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by rodshort on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:49 pm
Jemusic - Thank you!

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II

648 postsPage 25 of 33
1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33