5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Having got the GUI of version 3 demo to my liking and having seen the enhancements in V3 over V2, I am eager to take advantage of the Presonus black friday sales and upgrade from V2 to V3.

I am in Australia, the country with the worst, yet most expensive internet in the world. I am in a region of Australia where internet is particularly awful.

Just thought I would try to address some problems before upgrading:

1. What would be the total file size to download, it says 15gb of content with Presence but does not say the total download size of everything.

2. My computer that I run Studio One on is not connected to the internet, I have to download to a laptop and then transfer to the computer, is this going to be possible given that I am upgrading.

3. My computer is Win 7 SP1 with the July 16 convenience rollout (some refer to sp2) and the platform update. I do not update windows ever, because of my internet situation. I noticed the demo would not load on my laptop at all until I put the platform update on, then it seemed ok. Is this likely to cause issues, if my computer does not have the very latest windows downloads?

4. Can I just open all my v2 projects directly into v3 and continue on?

5. Is it even possible for me to get the program on USB version given it is an upgrade and I am in Australia?

If anyone could help, that would be great, thanks!

OS: Win 7, 64 bit. MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS. CPU: Intel 3.4ghz, i5-3570, LGA1155. RAM: 8g DDR3 1333Mhz. 1 X SSD (OS) 2 X 7200 HDD (Recording/Samples). Steinberg UR44, Nektar Impact LX61. KRK Rokit 4 G3. S1 Pro V3.5.6. NI Komplete Ultimate 10.
by scottmoncrieff on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:24 pm
terencedoyle wroteHaving got the GUI of version 3 demo to my liking and having seen the enhancements in V3 over V2, I am eager to take advantage of the Presonus black friday sales and upgrade from V2 to V3.

I am in Australia, the country with the worst, yet most expensive internet in the world. I am in a region of Australia where internet is particularly awful.

Just thought I would try to address some problems before upgrading:

1. What would be the total file size to download, it says 15gb of content with Presence but does not say the total download size of everything.

2. My computer that I run Studio One on is not connected to the internet, I have to download to a laptop and then transfer to the computer, is this going to be possible given that I am upgrading.

3. My computer is Win 7 SP1 with the July 16 convenience rollout (some refer to sp2) and the platform update. I do not update windows ever, because of my internet situation. I noticed the demo would not load on my laptop at all until I put the platform update on, then it seemed ok. Is this likely to cause issues, if my computer does not have the very latest windows downloads?

4. Can I just open all my v2 projects directly into v3 and continue on?

5. Is it even possible for me to get the program on USB version given it is an upgrade and I am in Australia?

If anyone could help, that would be great, thanks!

I'll try and be brief..

1. ( Hold on to your hat ) The total for all the soundsets is around 30 Gigs in total (It's 32.2 Gigs on my machine) ( for the Pro version)...Artist has less content.

If you are on a standard ADSL Broadband and speed around 3 Meg, it will realistically take you about 3 - 4 days or about 16 - 20 hours. Studio One 3.5 itself is an easier to swallow 193 Megs.

2. It will need to be authorised on the laptop for it to function, you have options of offline and online (never done an offline authorisation myself)

3. Windows updates are usually for the operating system itself so applications normally aren't dependent on it, unless there has been some significant changes that affect the files the program uses.

It's possible that you have enabled the port in which Studio One is able to access the internet.

4. You can open files created in version 2 but there were changes to certain instrument sounds, such as with Presence's ones, so your music could sound different..

5. There is the boxed version, but it's more expensive and you probably wouldn't want the shipping charges.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Skaperverket on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 am
I have most of my studio computers offline and use offline authorisation; it has always worked flawlessly for me.
by mikemanthei on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:33 am
terencedoyle wrote1. What would be the total file size to download, it says 15gb of content with Presence but does not say the total download size of everything.

You won't need to download the program again, as you already have it with the Demo. After you put in your new key, it will become the new version. It's the same codebase.
If I remember correctly, all the soundsets worked just fine after my upgrade too..

terencedoyle wrote2. My computer that I run Studio One on is not connected to the internet, I have to download to a laptop and then transfer to the computer, is this going to be possible given that I am upgrading.

Yes, that's the way I run mine. No issues.

terencedoyle wrote3. My computer is Win 7 SP1 with the July 16 convenience rollout (some refer to sp2) and the platform update. I do not update windows ever, because of my internet situation. I noticed the demo would not load on my laptop at all until I put the platform update on, then it seemed ok. Is this likely to cause issues, if my computer does not have the very latest windows downloads?

I have the same situation here. The only update I did on Windows 7 was for the platform update, and nothing else. My studio computer never visits the internet and it's quite stable. So there have been no Windows updates ever. It still has exactly the OS that HP shipped it with many years ago.... with the exception of the added "platform update".

terencedoyle wrote4. Can I just open all my v2 projects directly into v3 and continue on?

Yes. If I remember correctly, I may have downloaded one of the soundsets to make sure I had the latest changes to the new version of Presence, but the bottom line is this: if it works with the DEMO, it will work after you pay and put your new key in. It's the same program..... it just becomes either Demo, Artist, or Professional based on what key you get.

So yes, you can just continue on. Just understand that once you save the song in version 3, it will no longer open in version 2. But otherwise, if everything works with the Demo, it will work after the upgrade too.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by tezza on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 pm
Thanks for the info guys, upgrade complete! fairly painless in the end although the 30gig of content will take me about 3 months to download! luckily, I don't use too many studio one instruments in my projects so I can transfer the projects over to V3 straight away. Would be good if Presonus had a shop in Australia, just one shop would be good enough.

What I like is that you only have to put the serial number of V2 in the authorisation, you don't have to have the actual program on your computer as well as V3.

Hopefully, all projects will be transfered over by mid week and any adjustments needed completed. For the projects using studio one instruments, I might unhook them prior to saving the project finally in s2 and then opening in s3. Then I can find an NI equivalent sound for the time being until all the content is downloaded.

P.S. The difference between s3.5 and s2.5 is pretty massive in features, a big jump up. Best $109.00AUD I've spent in a long while!

OS: Win 7, 64 bit. MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS. CPU: Intel 3.4ghz, i5-3570, LGA1155. RAM: 8g DDR3 1333Mhz. 1 X SSD (OS) 2 X 7200 HDD (Recording/Samples). Steinberg UR44, Nektar Impact LX61. KRK Rokit 4 G3. S1 Pro V3.5.6. NI Komplete Ultimate 10.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1