6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Okay, I have seen a few other people post about having issues utilizing the Zoom R24 with Studio One 3. In an attempt to address a recent issue, I attempted to post in the forum but I think the particular topic I posted under had died out, its members moving into other topics/boards.

I actually had my Zoom R24 working as recently as last week or so. I needed to get in to rerecord a vocal part on a track and, having prepared everything for setup and initialization, I double clicked my Studio One executable only to have it tell me it couldn't connect my interface. I have tried manually reconnecting it in the settings, I've tried deleting the Windows Audio settings file (as was previously recommended to another user), I have checked to make sure drivers are updated and installed and yet my device reads as if it is not connecting.

It takes power from the USB so obviously the device is connecting in some way. It is possible that my computer, as a whole, is not recognizing the device but even after resetting a couple of times, I'm still not able to figure out how to get the device to open in S.O.3. like it was doing. As an update, my computer actually wasn't acknowledging the R24 but I got it to do so and, despite that, it still would not properly initialize. The most I was able to do was get it to recognize the R24 as an output device but it would not allow me to utilize it as an input.

Will continue to research and try to figure out the problem but I thought I'd contact the forum here and see if anyone has run into a similar issue. I would prefer not to go out and purchase a whole new interface, even one that works directly with S.O. just because this one suddenly decided to be finicky. Especially if I can potentially get things working again.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who responds.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:58 am
The most I was able to do was get it to recognize the R24 as an output device but it would not allow me to utilize it as an input.

Hi alex, I don't have an R24, but most any Ascii compliant audio interface once recognized should pass through its input once recognized. That is of course if the new track, had been record enabled, along with your R24 buss assignment.

So, I suspect you've had success using the R24 in some other DAW?

You may want to verify upon startup of S1, that you see the R24 is shown as checked off. At times, even with my Audiobox VSL, it will somehow get bumped, and once S1 opens, I have to open Options, and re assign it. This is usually due to a last session, I was using my PC audio, or ASIO4ALL driver. S1 tends to cling to the last device used.

Check those obvious latest manufacturer (Zoom) driver installs, and I'd think once it's visibly shown in S1, the rest is the proper balance out of your R24.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Bbd on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 am
Good advice lokeyfly.

I used an R24 for a long time and when it was setup correctly, I made it my Windows default sound interface. Then I launched S1 and selected it as my audio interface. BTW, ASIO4ALL did work very well with it so I would install the latest from them and see if it recognizes it.
Remember to put the R24 into DAW mode so your PC can see it!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by alexhodges on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:51 am
Thank you both for the responses!

I have been using the R24 as an output (headphones) to avoid picking up any bleed from my speakers when recording. It seemed to be working and then, suddenly, just kind of stopped. Because it had worked previously, it never occurred to me to utilize a different output/audio device, simply routed through the R24.

I tried switching to ASIO4ALL (which I've had for a while, since I utilized it to record through FL Studio before switching to Studio One) and now it's working as it did before. Perhaps a recent update messed with the setup or something but, as I said, once I made the switch it seems to have completely solved the problem.

Seriously, thank you both again for the quick responses and advice. If not for your suggestion, I may well have gone out and just bought a whole new A/I that I would have had to completely learn from scratch despite the R24 being perfectly fine. Thanks for saving my current work and my money! :thumbup:
by Lokeyfly on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 am
TY Jim, and you're welcome Alex.

The R24 is a cool device! I know at one point, some years back, I had my eye on it. If I didn't have my Sony laptop, it might have been that portable unit to track on, outside like a get together with other guitarists, at a BBQ for example. Very nice, and with 6 tracks with 48V phantom power! Awesome. The fact that it tie's in with a DAW? Even better!

Zoom is one of those fantastic companies, that I eyeball from time to time. They remind me a little of Casio, which is meant to be a compliment. Different customer base, but same "We'll throw in every usable concept we can" philosophy. They bring food things to life (oh yeah, that's G.E.'s slogan). :D

If you do look into an audio interface Alex, check right into Presonus' own. The preamp and audio quality is excellent, over a huge majority of choices.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jeffwatson6 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:03 pm
I know this thread is old but I have an older Macbook Pro- everything was working great with Studio One and the R24 and then it stopped.

I've reinstalled the drivers, tried different cords. I can here the input to the device but nothing makes it to the DAW. I almost threw the interface in the trash and gave it a go in Ableton and it worked. I'm guessing my option is to reinstall Studio One ad pray at this point.

I'll have to report back with findings but it was (good?) to hear that someone had a similar issue. Since I can't use the ASIO4All driver option, the solution involving that above was unable to be explored.

Thanks-

6 posts
Page 1 of 1