10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Im new to Studio One with the arrival of a Faderport 8. I'm impressed upto this point! ;)

I'm trying to expose Reaktor Blocks to my Expert Sleepers Es3 and Es6 from inside Studio One 3.

Which is in essence a Multi input and output audio and midi Vst. Is it possible to route the audio to and from the console in Studio One?

I can do this inside Reaper quite easily but am looking to Studio One for workflow and Faderport functionality. Having the Expert Sleepers under Faderport control would be my ideal scenario.

Another option is to slave Rewire Reaper to S1 but I'm new to Rewire and wondering if bidirectional audio is possible?
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:28 pm
Kind of goes right over my head!

But I'm curious...

Could you splain what you're wanting to do in more detail?

So you have some lightpipe interfaces that are made to connect to older synthesizers that are not midi capable?

You have a working setup in another DAW? Could you describe the signal path in that setup?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Twisted Head on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:45 am
I did think maybe I was getting very niche!

I have a modular eurorack synth which is hardware. A collection of oscillators, vca's, filters etc. All the parts of a traditional synth which are patchable using small patch cables. They transmit audio and/or control voltages. As a part of this I have 2 interface units - a es3 which takes signals from the modular and presents it to the daw and the es6 which outputs from the daw to the modular.

I use Reaktor Blocks which is a digital emulation of the modular synth. So for example if I run out of hardware LFO's I can create one in Reaktor and route signals from the hardware modular to Reaktor, process the signal, and then back to the modular. Like an effects send but the effect is in the daw. It can also work the other way.

In standalone Reaktor mode, where I'm not hosting Reaktor as a Vst plugin, I have a routing table to make inputs and outputs available inside Reaktor. Everything works as it should. Perfect.
I can also host within Reaper. Perfect, no problem.

When I use Reaktor inside Studio One as a Vst instrument I can expose the outputs and route them to the es6. Perfect. But the only input I can find is midi. If I insert Reaktor as a FX I expose 2 (stereo) inputs and 2 outputs both audio.

It would be the perfect scenario to have the Es3 and es6 under Faderport 8 control. And one of the main reasons I have bought the Faderport. Although my first impressions of Studio One compared to Reaper is the speed of workflow. Maybe at the expense of flexibility tho.
by Tacman7 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am
Neat stuff, I don't have enough brain cells left to work it I'm afraid.

I used cubase for many years but S1 made a lot of tasks really easy and cut down on the drudgery.
Picked up S1 and started using it without any problem because it's a lot like cubase in many ways.

I've been getting rid of my hardware synths little by little.
I still have a pristine Triton rack and an XV-5050 that I should go ahead and sell.

Hope you can get it to do what you need.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by LBH on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 am
warrenedmond1 wroteIm new to Studio One with the arrival of a Faderport 8. I'm impressed upto this point! ;)

I'm trying to expose Reaktor Blocks to my Expert Sleepers Es3 and Es6 from inside Studio One 3.

Which is in essence a Multi input and output audio and midi Vst. Is it possible to route the audio to and from the console in Studio One?

I can do this inside Reaper quite easily but am looking to Studio One for workflow and Faderport functionality. Having the Expert Sleepers under Faderport control would be my ideal scenario.

Another option is to slave Rewire Reaper to S1 but I'm new to Rewire and wondering if bidirectional audio is possible?

Unfortunately it's only possible to route audio to FX plug-ins in Studio One - like for example to a Reaktor FX plug-in like you mention.
AFAIK Studio One can only send one L and R signal to a FX plug-in, like you say. That mean you can't use Reaktors multi input possibilities, even when using Reaktors FX plug-in. I suppose you can do some tasks by using multiple tracks with a Reaktor FX plug-in on each, but i can't tell for certain.

(In Studio One sidechain possibilities also only excist with some FX plug-ins.)

I know from other forums that audio routing to instrument plug-ins is a rather wanted feature in generel. Also being able to send audio to multiple audio inputs like you wan't.

Some virtual instruments that accept audio input can't use this feature in Studio One, as they don't come as FX plug-ins.

I have posted the following request quite some time ago:
http://answers.presonus.com/10830/possibility-route-audio-into-accept-audio-inputs-used-effect?show=10830#q10830
Please read the comments as i have added some things i forgot at first to specify.

I don't know if i have understood you correct.

I don't know anything about faderport and your ES units.

Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
CPU: Intel I7 3770, 3,4 GHz, Quad core - Hyperthreading
SSD: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO series
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
DAW: Studio One 2 and 3 Professionel - 64 bit
Controller: Novation SL-MKII - Automap
Soundcard/ Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
All is Fully updated including BIOS and firmware.
by Twisted Head on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm
Tacman7 wroteNeat stuff, I don't have enough brain cells left to work it I'm afraid.

I used cubase for many years but S1 made a lot of tasks really easy and cut down on the drudgery.
Picked up S1 and started using it without any problem because it's a lot like cubase in many ways.

I've been getting rid of my hardware synths little by little.
I still have a pristine Triton rack and an XV-5050 that I should go ahead and sell.

Hope you can get it to do what you need.

It's taken a fair bit of reading and experimenting to get the modular up and running but for live jamming nothing touches it. Well worth the investment of time.

Hey LBH I've voted up your suggestion. I don't know how many votes it needs for the dev's to put it on their list but it'd be good if they are reading this and it's not a huge job to do.
Looks like we have come to the same conclusion that it's presently impossible in Studio One. The Faderport and es modules are just coincidental to the 'routing multiple audio channels in and out of Vst instruments or Fx'
by LBH on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:59 am
warrenedmond1 wroteHey LBH I've voted up your suggestion. I don't know how many votes it needs for the dev's to put it on their list but it'd be good if they are reading this and it's not a huge job to do.

Hey warrenedmond1

It's perhaps mostly about what kind of production/ usage Presonus/ Studio One wan't to target and can target.

Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
CPU: Intel I7 3770, 3,4 GHz, Quad core - Hyperthreading
SSD: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO series
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
DAW: Studio One 2 and 3 Professionel - 64 bit
Controller: Novation SL-MKII - Automap
Soundcard/ Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
All is Fully updated including BIOS and firmware.
by Twisted Head on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 pm
I hear you, but the Quantumn has dc uncoupled outputs and a spec like that is specifically for sending control voltages from the daw. So it must be on their radar somewhere, hopefully!
by andreaslindholm on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 am
Nice to see I am not alone. I am also trying to get my ES3 to work with Studio One 5. I got it to work a bit with the Expert Sleepers plugin, but the calibration goes totally wrong there. I can not figure out why. Have you tried that? So I also turned to Reaktor blocks and could not set it up. I bought a mounth of this online license to try. I like a lot of things, but if I can not get it working with my Eurorack it is a dealbreaker and I have to go back in Cubase.
by radar23 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:42 am
Hi, I've just come to the party.. I haven't done any testing yet.. but I and concerned to here S1 v5 isn't working with Blocks and Expert sleeper CV tools, even though the Quantum has the DC coupled outs.. I'm was about to post a feature request for native CV function in S1.. thought I would check past posts first in case I missed something..

_.~"~._.~"~._.~"~._.~"~._
Studio One 5 Pro
Quantum, Quantum 2, Didimax FS, FirePro, Firestudio Project, Firestudio Mobile, Art Tubeopto, DBX 386, Maschine 3, Hydrasynth, Analog Heat, Zed 14, Motu MTP AV, Keystep, Beatstep Pro, RD-8, Monomachine, machinedrum, Octatrack, Analog Four, Minilogue XD, Korg Arp, uWave XT, Virus C, Poly Evolver, Mono Poly, MKS-70, Mks-80, Pulse Plus, Blofeld, BassStation 2, ESQ-1. Korg Legacy, Arturia V, NI Ultimate 10, ImpOSCar2, BFD3, DCAM, Largo, Waves Gold.
Acer 7VN-593G, Win10 Pro

10 posts
Page 1 of 1