3 posts
Page 1 of 1
How can I get acceptable and good sounding reverb in Studio One Artist in playing a composition sent over from Notion 6? Room Reverb renders way too much reverb and obscures shorter notes and certain instruments. The Sound Stage subset of Room Reverb appears the best of the lot, but is still too muddy and awash with reverb. As a novice, what can I do to approximate the playback quality in Notion 6 (London Symphony Orchestra articulation with good crispness in initial notes and decent reverb that dies not overwhelm the underlying notes and "prrformance")?
by Photontic on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm
Are you using the reverb as a send? That is usually a good first step since it helps keep the original sound intact.
If you need more you can of course sidechain the reverb send channel with the original output (use a bus if needed) to a compressor.

Aside from that... Tweaking things to get it sounding like you want.

Another little trick that can help tame the "wash" a bit, is putting an EQ before the reverb on the send channel, then low cut at like 700 Hz and high cut at 7k or so. Adjust to your liking.

Studio One 4 Professional (64-bit) | Windows 10 Pro (v1903)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC | Audio interface: PreSonus Studio 192
by Steve Carter on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm
You could use pre-delay on the reverb setting so that the shorter notes and the initial attack portion of longer notes remain less affected and as previously stated put the reverb on an fx channel so that you can dial-in the reverb level more accurately.

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1