16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there really no way to import an I/O setup into an old song? I realize I can manually adjust it, but I just created an elaborate default I/O setup for my new interface and it seems like I really should be able to just import it.

??

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by Bbd on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 am
The I/O setup is stored with each song. At this time there is no option to create a setup than can be exported or imported from one song to another.
You can for new songs create a template and then use the template for the basis of the new song.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Sturphy on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:58 am
Thanks.

What a drag.

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by keithbaker2 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 pm
When you set up your I/O there is an option to save as default, this way it will always load for all new songs. See attached.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by Jemusic on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:16 am
I am running Studio One on both a Mac and a Windows machine. On the Windows machine the I/O setup is set and fixed. On the Mac I am using up to three different interfaces. (it is a mobile setup for me e.g. on location) I have set up all three I/O setups. What I find is as soon as I plug any of the three interfaces in, the correct I/O setup automatically comes up and is in position ready to go. So Studio One must have the ability to remember more than one I/O setup in fact. It just needs the right interface to select it. But this does not help the OP I know.

When I record on the Mac and backup the files to an external drive, I then connect that drive to the Windows machine and transfer sessions over. The Windows machine is attempting to find an I/O setting that is not there, in fact so all I have to do is just reassign the main outs to my Windows interface and all is well again.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Sturphy on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:35 pm
keithbaker2 wroteWhen you set up your I/O there is an option to save as default, this way it will always load for all new songs. See attached.

Yeah, I'm aware of this, thanks. I have an awesome default set up, but can't import it to old songs.

I'm opening old songs created on an old interface and have to set up my I/O each time. This would be easy if we were just talking about assigning Main Outs, but I'm analog summing and bussing to Antelope FX. Quite a bit of set up for each time.

by Jemusic on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:55 pm
What happens when you connect your newer interface first and then select it as the interface in Studio One which you can do. Then, open an older song. As per my post the later I/O setting should simply come into play. Are there two different interfaces involved here? Or is it a case of the same interface with two different I/O settings.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Sturphy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 pm
Jemusic wroteWhat happens when you connect your newer interface first and then select it as the interface in Studio One which you can do. Then, open an older song. As per my post the later I/O setting should simply come into play. Are there two different interfaces involved here? Or is it a case of the same interface with two different I/O settings.

I've just completed a mix project with my new default I/O on my new interface, and then went to open old projects and they are still based on the old interface. No two interfaces, just my new one replacing my old one at all times.

When I open I/O setup, the correct interface is displayed at the top of the screen, but the old interface I/O labels are there in the matrix.

Not happenin. Oh well. Seems like it should be easy to import another I/O setup. Disappointing discovery!

by jpettit on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:38 pm
It has been a feature request for many years.

Actually before the Answers voting system so it might not be there but was in the old forum 5 years ago.

Ther needs to be an I/O template system based on the hardware and saved independently of the songs. Currently, there is not.

The real issue is there is only a small percentage of people who change interfaces regularly and the interest just does not build the need up to a point they would do something about it.
Here is a fairly recent one
http://answers.presonus.com/9662/save-e ... 9662#q9662

One from three years ago
http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/45834.page

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Sturphy on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:26 pm
jpettit wroteIt has been a feature request for many years.

Actually before the Answers voting system so it might not be there but was in the old forum 5 years ago.

Ther needs to be an I/O template system based on the hardware and saved independently of the songs. Currently, there is not.

The real issue is there is only a small percentage of people who change interfaces regularly and the interest just does not build the need up to a point they would do something about it.
Here is a fairly recent one
http://answers.presonus.com/9662/save-e ... 9662#q9662

One from three years ago
http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/45834.page

Thanks... agree with you completely!

by Jemusic on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:14 pm
I have realised there may be an explanation of what I experiencing. I have setup my iMac for two complete audio interfaces. One a RME Fireface 800 and the other a Focusrite Clarett. These are on the Firewire 800 port and the Thunderbolt ports respectively.

No matter what song I open, old or new the correct Input/Output setup loads up. So I don't have to do anything. It is all ready to go. Studio One must be storing both these setups in my case and puling the right one out when needed. Sierra may be storing the In/Out setups as they relate to each port being used.

It may not happen with multiple audio interfaces on the same port. e.g. USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt. (As they relate to Apple)

by jpettit on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:25 pm
If you set up a song on interface A and save it it stores that interface and the I/O names with the song.
If you do the same with interface B it does the same.

The issue is when you switch the interface you originally used it will have the wrong and often null inputs or outputs.

Other DAWs detect and change from the original interface and ask what should be the new routing.

S1 does not.

People like it when it stores the inteface configurations and names with the device instead of only in the song.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Skip Jones on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:45 pm
Open old song, make I/O adjustments, then "save as" with new description. Next time you load it will be "correct" I/O. Stupid work around and don't know if it would be practical for you. As Jeff stated, been requested for years but not enough folks pushing it.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by hello people on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 pm
Has this been addressed in the subsequent 3 years?

I've mapped out 40 odd songs with drums ready to go for recording. I'm a couple of weeks away from setting up all the physical i/o in terms of multiple preamps plus hardware comps and eq so that tracking and mixing can start.

I was expecting or hoping to be able to just impose a Studio One i/o template over all 40 odd tracks that will accurately reflect the i/o situation I'll have in place...replacing the old i/o setup I used to get the drums in place.

If not I think the best way will be to simply create a default i/o setup in Studio One and then open a new song for each of the 40 songs and import track by track into the new song.

Which is a pretty tedious route.

:thumbup:

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by Jemusic on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 pm
Audio IN/OUT setups can be easily stored and recalled any time. They can be recalled over existing open songs too.

by hello people on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:39 am
Oh right, so it was addressed at some stage over the last 3 years then?

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II

16 posts
Page 1 of 1