42 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Yeah, I think it's really a language thing more than over dramatizing,

Fair enough. It was all intended in fun, take note of the smiley face. :)

I do have to learn to avoid some of these meta-discussions. :)

To the OP, welcome my friend. Happy music making. :thumbup:
by sirmonkey on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 pm
Lokeyfly wroteOMG, the OP is simply asking why from the main Presonus home page, there's no easy path to the forums. Not a history of Facebook, and Internet creators. :roll:

Btw, AL Gores created the internet. :mrgreen:

This statement concerns me: ...Over the past few years, customer use of social media has increased, shifting our participation to FaceBook groups and away from the forum...

So, the reason that Presonus doesn't have a direct link on their site has something to do with Facebook. It's right there in the statement.

So, no need to invoke god. While discussing why Presonus doesn't have a link on their site (like they used to), it's relevant to explain why we're concerned about the possibility that Presonus might want to eventually phase this forum out.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 pm
jggiano wroteI understand where you're coming from Lokeyfly, and I apologize for maybe adding fuel to the fire and getting off topic---but...Simonkey--it's good to know that I'm not crazy for having frustrations with Facebook.
Have any of you kids out there heard of George Orwell??

Presonus, just make it easy for ALL of us to access your goodies and info.

Ain't no thing jggiano. Thanks man for explaining. I know next to nothing about fb, so sorry I cant add to the experience there, and how frustrating it's been. But thank you for your comments.

As to right here in this forum, its a very helpful bunch with good spirit, and good commentary. Let's all continue to be good ambassadors to our friends and neighbors.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by sirmonkey on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm
The first thread about this subject is here: http://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.ph ... orums+link
Yes, you can find the forums on Google, but not having a link at the top of the Presonus website still doesn't make sense. After all, some users said that they had a hard time finding the forums (for whatever reason). Also, the explanations for removing the tab really don't make sense. A "maintenance update" was mentioned. Well, how would that cause the removal of the tab that used to be there? It was implied a few times that the link would be back.. Also, most if not all of the other links were removed from the website.
Something's up. I don't know what.
As for trolls....well, they're trolls. They could already find the forums at least as easily as an inexperienced newcomer. Right?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 am
Seems this thread has changed with additions, inserted here and there. Interesting.

So, no need to invoke god. While discussing whyPresonus doesn't have a link on their site (like they used to)

Invoking God? Really?

Lol. Oh sorry, I must have just invoked jubulonce. :shock:

I agree Lawrence, these meta discussions are best left alone. But it's interesting how people put some interpretation on why and how Presonus think and operate. I guess they're sitting in on those board meetings. Well, thanks for sharing, chair people. :D

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 am
sirmonkey wroteThe first thread about this subject is here: http://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.ph ... orums+link
Yes, you can find the forums on Google, but not having a link at the top of the Presonus website still doesn't make sense. After all, some users said that they had a hard time finding the forums (for whatever reason). Also, the explanations for removing the tab really don't make sense. A "maintenance update" was mentioned. Well, how would that cause the removal of the tab that used to be there? It was implied a few times that the link would be back.. Also, most if not all of the other links were removed from the website.
Something's up. I don't know what.
As for trolls....well, they're trolls. They could already find the forums at least as easily as an inexperienced newcomer. Right?

Yep, I agree with most of whats said here. Interesting, there's a direct link to nimbit, but no link to the forum.

We can only guess why, but it certainly not by mistake.
As Alex states in the community update forum link. Presonus are redirecting inquiries, and also provides a link to obtain a support ticket. Makes sense for actual trouble conditions with users. We here provide some help as best as understood by our own experiences, but it's not the only, or even the best resource for users needing the occasional formal resolve. The forum is a helpful one, as pointed out. Smart business decision. Perhaps users with help issues were getting too used to the forum with too direct access, as opposed to other social media devices. I underline "with help issues". That seems to be key, here.

So let's continue to help, throw apples at each other and shake the tree. I guess we get stuck with each other, and the overall dramatic, "why in the hell can't I get this to work" inquiries.

It's a wonder we still have our sanity. :D

On a personal note, FB for S1 knowledge has nothing on us!

As to Jbrannam, "tag, you're it!".

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by wahlerstudios on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:50 pm
It is neither our right, nor our task to interfere in a company's business strategy. PreSonus has decided to unlink the forums in May 2017 and I see no reason why they should add the links again. Nethertheless there still is one single link in the PreSonus web site to the "PreSonus Studio One Forum" (to the english speaking sub-forum): https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=96. Alink to all Studio One forums would be better (https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=96), but better this than nothing any more...

PreSonus wants its clients to use the "Answers" section of their web site and indeed, they are very active and fast in answering questions about Studio One. You can see the exact opposite happening with the StudioLive mixers (any generation). Questions are answered seldom, at least not regularily and answers are very short, often too short. The was a short improvement after May 2017, but since late summer answers in the StudioLive section have become very, very rare. Actually the list of unanswered questions shows a wrong picture, but because an added user post like "I have the same problem" is counted as answer. Have a look yourself, to compare how different things are handled from the same company:

http://answers.presonus.com/unanswered/studio-one
http://answers.presonus.com/unanswered/studiolive-mixers
by sirmonkey on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 pm
Lokeyfly wroteSeems this thread has changed with additions, inserted here and there. Interesting.

So, no need to invoke god. While discussing whyPresonus doesn't have a link on their site (like they used to)

Invoking God? Really?

You used the "OMG!" (Oh my god!) thing in your response to my comment. As if the point I was making was extreme or ridiculous. Yes, I do know that you weren't literally invoking god.
Most people understand that when you reply with OMG in the way you did, you're saying that the other person is just being ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not claiming to be in the Presonus boardroom. Where did you get that idea?

I'm just saying that the link to the forums should be easy to find on the main website, and that maybe there are good reasons not to rely on Facebook too much.

by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:52 pm
No need to be defensive. The OMG was in relation to various ways people explained how to store a link, perform a Google search to find the forum, and yes, enter Facebook in all it's glory (or lack thereof). The OP was asking something else, which I refuse to reiterate. We're probably saying more of the same thing about Facebook, and its detour than quibble about OMG. An expression more in line with why is every response circling the actual point. Fact is, the Facebook point is a little closer to the point, as described by yourself.

Again, I'm just going to drift from such posts. Sorry if my response upset you.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lawrence on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 pm
Our good friend yassersaeed has been gone from this thread for two days and counting. I'd wager that he had no idea of (and no bad intent related to) the can of worms he was opening. :lol:

The term meta-discussion means a discussion whose subject is a discussion.

Meta-discussion explores such issues as the style of a discussion, its participants, the setting in which the discussion occurs, and the relationship of the discussion to other discussions on the same or different topics. It is one of many terms based on the inferred meaning of the "meta-" prefix.

The etymology for the prefix dates back to use of Metaphysics as the title of the treatise by Aristotle that came after his works on physics in the traditional ordering of his books. The fundamental meaning of the prefix in Greek is simply "after."

The modern, inferred meaning of a higher-order, self-referential consideration of the nature of an activity—rather than actual, first-level participation in the activity—has led to many neologisms such as meta-wiki.

I can't speak for anyone else but I love all of you guys... (in that manly non-sexual way ;) ) ... so I'll refrain from quoting Rodney King. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:45 am
This thread is not complete without another random useless entry. I excel at this "useless" by the way. I should be in middle management, really!!!.

For sprites and giggles, I did a quick search to see who has forum links from their corporate website. Cakewalk, Steinberg, Nuendo and Cockos all have direct forum links on their respective Corporate Sites. These must still be corporate forums.
PGMUSIC has a direct link. PGMUSIC.......
Now Propellerhead, they went this route.
Thanks for stopping by! The Propellerhead public forums are now closed, but there are plenty of channels where you can talk to Propellerhead or other users.

I like this forum and really do appreciate it and its active user base.

You do not find this technical banter on the "Answers" site. I doubt people read through the Answers like they do the forum. This is a place to gain "real knowledge".

Long live the forum.

Anyone looking for a middle manager?

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by klypeman on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 am
Lawrence wroteI can't speak for anyone else but I love all of you guys... (in that manly non-sexual way ;) ) ... so I'll refrain from quoting Rodney King. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

And I thank you for that. :)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Lokeyfly on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:17 am
Lawrence wrote: "I can't speak for anyone else but I love all of you guys... (in that manly non-sexual way)".

Lman, don't get all soft (or hard) on us. :D

yeah bud, I saw that our friend hadn't stopped back for days as well, but I only answered a question directed at me. Proving these useless posts can go on for days. This is my last post on this topic, as well as such non related S1 "speak".
Cheers.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by yassersaeed on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 pm
sirmonkey wrote
Bbd wrote
Jemusic wroteIt is very simple. Use this link to get to the Index page:

https://forums.presonus.com/index.php

Yes, this works. And, as I mentioned, drag the Presonus Forums icon to the tab section of your browser.

However, here's another point, that I hope everyone takes to heart....

In a previous post in this thread, there's a link to an explanation of why it is so hard for new users to find this forum, which says...

...Over the past few years, customer use of social media has increased, shifting our participation to FaceBook groups and away from the forum...

Take note: Facebook's "creator" (semi-contributor, but mostly stealer) Mark Zuckerberg did NOT create the internet, nor "social" media.
Presonus and anyone else who markets does NOT need Facebook to disseminate information. Nobody really needs Facebook. The founder of Facebook laughed at the fact that people would readily give up their personal information for nothing.

Why depend on Facebook for spreading awareness of your product? Because everyone else follows this trend? Presonus, you GIVE UP some control to Mark Zuckerberg if you rely on Facebook. As for me, I know that too many rich cats want everybody else's personal information.

I refuse to join Facebook in order to get information about Studio One and its functions.

Please, just make the link to this forum easy to find on the main website. If users want to cede control/contribute to Facebook, they have that option. But don't phase out this forum. Or undermine it. Don't do that implicitly by pushing Facebook, or by hiding the link to this forum. Facebook (Mark Zuckerberg) is not an honest middleman.
Facebook is a middleman that wants to be a god that controls everything.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PC: HP Zbook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation | CPU: 2.2GHz to 4.1 GHz Intel 6 Core i7-8750H, 9MB Cache | Graphics NVIDIA Quadro P1000 with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM | Display: 15.6" 4K - Anti-Glare, DreamColor Display | RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM | System Storage: 512 GB PCIe NVMe™ SSD | Data Storage: 8TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Main DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 64Bit | Audio Interface: Arturia AudioFuse | Midi Keyboard: Behringer U-Control UMX610 | Arranger Keyboards: Korg Pa4X-76 Oriental
by yassersaeed on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:06 pm
tovokas wroteAgain, I think some here are missing the point. It’s not that it’s a grand chore for regulars to use Google to find and bookmark the forum, it’s that Presonus is apparently intentionally obfuscating the site to make it difficult for new users to discover it. Many find great value in the forum, and as with any support forum: ‘the more users the merrier’, since more folks participating translates into a greater chance someone has experience with the particular problem you’re facing. (And agree or not, many users don’t use Facebook for a variety of reasons).

:thumbup:

PC: HP Zbook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation | CPU: 2.2GHz to 4.1 GHz Intel 6 Core i7-8750H, 9MB Cache | Graphics NVIDIA Quadro P1000 with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM | Display: 15.6" 4K - Anti-Glare, DreamColor Display | RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM | System Storage: 512 GB PCIe NVMe™ SSD | Data Storage: 8TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Main DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 64Bit | Audio Interface: Arturia AudioFuse | Midi Keyboard: Behringer U-Control UMX610 | Arranger Keyboards: Korg Pa4X-76 Oriental
by yassersaeed on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
yassersaeed wroteI can not find a direct link to this forum in http://www.presonus.com !

Every time, I have to search Google to find a direct link to this forum! Why Presunus makes it so hard to access the forum?

Bump. Yes he can bookmark, or Google it. But the chap is asking for a link from the Presonus.com location. I looked kind of quickly but I didn't see a link myself. Not directly, anyway.

It's a reasonable question. Sorry Yassersaeed. I looked my friend.

Take your time and try to look for it because you will never find it ;)

by yassersaeed on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 pm
Lawrence wroteOur good friend yassersaeed has been gone from this thread for two days and counting. I'd wager that he had no idea of (and no bad intent related to) the can of worms he was opening. :lol:

I can't speak for anyone else but I love all of you guys... (in that manly non-sexual way ;) ) ... so I'll refrain from quoting Rodney King.

Sorry I got busy and forgot about this post :lol:

And yes, I have no idea I was opening a can of worms .. sorry about that :shock:

by yassersaeed on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 pm
WaterlooSunset wroteThis thread is not complete without another random useless entry. I excel at this "useless" by the way. I should be in middle management, really!!!.

For sprites and giggles, I did a quick search to see who has forum links from their corporate website. Cakewalk, Steinberg, Nuendo and Cockos all have direct forum links on their respective Corporate Sites. These must still be corporate forums.
PGMUSIC has a direct link. PGMUSIC.......
Now Propellerhead, they went this route.
Thanks for stopping by! The Propellerhead public forums are now closed, but there are plenty of channels where you can talk to Propellerhead or other users.

I like this forum and really do appreciate it and its active user base.

You do not find this technical banter on the "Answers" site. I doubt people read through the Answers like they do the forum. This is a place to gain "real knowledge".

Long live the forum.

Anyone looking for a middle manager?

I also do not like and use the "Answers" site .. the forum is far better place to learn.

by scottmoncrieff on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm
Forums are like a technical resource of knowledge and information, and have been around far longer than youtube and FB. You will learn more from one than any youtube like channel or associated facebook group for a computer program. The Presonus Answers thing is like a notice board littered with questions and requests at the door way of a building, typically these things are ignored. People don't congregate at notice boards unless they have beef to share with others, people prefer to communicate with other humans.

Forums are intrinsically important to software development though..because of the users who specialise and actively use a product.

I do know that when the Props got rid of theirs, the actual direction of the product development and how they promoted it, went right off the rails so much so that they dropped their flagship music program from their website front page for iphone app's lol. Quite embarrassing really..
I wasn't chuffed with mass email spam about their products either which happened around that period...but that's a whole other kettle of fish that one can deviate off on lol.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by sirmonkey on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:17 pm
Thanks for stopping back, yassersaeed

Please don't worry about opening a can of worms. In fact, thank you for bringing up the subject. Despite occasional dust-ups, even the most contentious ones are usually far more civil than what you find on the internet in general.
Sorry lokey if I took your comment the wrong way - I just felt like something that's important to me was being dismissed... Although I do stick by my "rant"

Again, yassersaeed, thanks for posting your question. We hope that this thread maintains awareness of something that many Presonus customers really like about Presonus :thumbup:

42 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3