135 postsPage 7 of 7
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Hi,

I am the poster that you're referring to and I didn't know that my post had been deleted until I just read your post.

This is absolutely DISGUSTING as it is Presonus who have deleted the post because they obviously don't want people to know what a complete f*ck up they have made with their latest and greatest "update'!

I am furious that they are obviously so dishonest and underhanded and it makes me question even more so whether I should be staying with their products and giving money to a company that are willing to behave in this manner.

All that I said in my original post is that people should avoid this latest update and not make the mistake that I made by downloading it and having it screw up their entire system, and thus not being able to actually carry on with writing/recording sessions.

The fact that they deleted a post from somebody who was just being honest and trying to give other users a heads up is absolutely despicable and speaks volumes.

Take it easy,

Jason.
by djdeanmasi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 am
jasonbrown19 wroteHi,

I am the poster that you're referring to and I didn't know that my post had been deleted until I just read your post.

This is absolutely DISGUSTING as it is Presonus who have deleted the post because they obviously don't want people to know what a complete f*ck up they have made with their latest and greatest "update'!

I am furious that they are obviously so dishonest and underhanded and it makes me question even more so whether I should be staying with their products and giving money to a company that are willing to behave in this manner.

All that I said in my original post is that people should avoid this latest update and not make the mistake that I made by downloading it and having it screw up their entire system, and thus not being able to actually carry on with writing/recording sessions.

The fact that they deleted a post from somebody who was just being honest and trying to give other users a heads up is absolutely despicable and speaks volumes.

Take it easy,

Jason.

Holy crap, that's so messed up. I've been a big fan of S1 for years and I'm always advertising that I use their software. Not feeling too good about this bs now. Keep in mind that this update took place 7 weeks ago (or 8?). Interesting how nothing has been done yet!
by Jessa on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:31 pm
I and many others have been waiting over a year now to get a simple fix on the metering issue when monitoring outside the box. With the track engaged ready to record and the blue monitor button off we get metering on the channel, start recording and the channel metering stops completely. Yes i know we can use the input side of things on the console to see the metering but we shouldn't have to. This has been a thorn in many S1 user's side for a long time now and to be honest, this small but extremely important feature not working is making me look elsewhere for my DAW of choice.

Come on Presonus,, time to start lifting your game , get the fundamentals sorted before releasing a zillion neat little tricks to use.....End rant! :evil:
by brettgoodkin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:01 am
In the metering while recording...

That should be fixed, but, on my system the track VUs don't fire, but, I do see little horizontal lines... Kind of like a peak kinda deal

That being said, while recording or patching in outboard I use a second monitor and fill it with the RME totalmix app...!

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by Skaperverket on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:23 am
While testing 3.5.2 yesterday I also encountered a behavior in S1's mixing console that I forgot to mention:

If I first mark two virtual instruments (the corresponding mixer channels) and route them both to a bus (an existing bus), and then use the undo function, the result is that only one of them reverts back to the original routing. Expected behavior would be that they both would revert back to their original routing.

Anyone else getting this?

This does not happen when routing normal Audio Channels or FX Channels (to such existing busses).

Also: 3.5.2 still gets the "unexpectedly quit" message with a thread crashing every time I quit the application. This happens every time and it happens even when I close the song first and quit from Studio One start page. It does not happen if I start Studio One and quit from the start page before I've opened a song. It's been like this for years and on three different Macs (and four macOS versions) I've used.
by scottmoncrieff on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 am
Skaperverket wrote
Also: 3.5.2 still gets the "unexpectedly quit" message with a thread crashing every time I quit the application. This happens every time and it happens even when I close the song first and quit from Studio One start page. It does not happen if I start Studio One and quit from the start page before I've opened a song. It's been like this for years and on three different Macs (and four macOS versions) I've used.

Crashing on quit does sometimes happen still, but from my own experience and with what I heard on the grapevine, it can be avoided by waiting 5 - 10 seconds after saving your song / project to disk. My own thoughts on it, would be that it's something related to the 'Cache' level being calculated and stopped midstream in it's process. If you're quitting Studio One, it doesn't matter as the cache is not needed, but is needed if you want to keep Studio One running efficiently. So the solution is just to be a little patient or carry on regardless knowing that it could throw up a 'Unexpectedly Quit' pop up box, if you can't be bothered waiting..or have to escape through the nearest fire exit.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Lawrence on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 am
Jessa wroteI and many others have been waiting over a year now to get a simple fix on the metering issue when monitoring outside the box. With the track engaged ready to record and the blue monitor button off we get metering on the channel, start recording and the channel metering stops completely.

It works here with Options > Console > Audio track monitoring mutes playback (Tape Style) on, input metering on the channel while recording with the monitor button off. Not sure if that mode doesn't work for you or causes other issues, if so, disregard.

by Jessa on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:31 am
Thanks for taking the time to post that up..:)...Can you try it with "Tape Style" off?, cause i want to be able to hear the previous recording like i'm doing a punch in.. Sorry, I should have pointed my settings out. With Tape style off, this is where we get the problem.

Many thanks
Jess
by Lawrence on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 am
On playback the meters for record enabled tracks turn blue and play back from the track media as normal here so maybe just leave Tape Style on for your use case if you see the same.

That is to say, that option only mutes playback when the monitor button is on but you're not using the monitor buttons.
by kennethwillis on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am
Hello everyone, I am new to DAWS and recently purchased S1 3.5 Pro..... I am wanting to use an X32 Compact with a Behringer SD16 digital snake to interface with S1 .... my console is setup to use the 16 channels from the snake on AES50 but set up to run on the console as channels 17-32 so as to have a full 32 channels input on the console..... Can anyone help me with how to properly set up the X32 Compact with S1 so I can use the x32 as a control surface ?
by Jessa on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:34 pm
Lawrence wroteOn playback the meters for record enabled tracks turn blue and play back from the track media as normal here so maybe just leave Tape Style on for your use case if you see the same.

That is to say, that option only mutes playback when the monitor button is on but you're not using the monitor buttons.

Unfortunately that is the problem.. If i leave "Tape Style" on and i start to record, without the monitor button engaged while yes i get the meter working , I can't hear anything on the track being recorded until i actually hit record and that dosn't work for me. I need to be able to monitor the source before i hit record...ie, If i am doing a vocal drop in and i want the vocalist to sing along with the track until i punch them in with this suggested method it dosn't work. Take "tape style off and it works but then i lose the meters again...See my problem??.
by Lawrence on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:00 pm
I'm most likely just misunderstanding your setup, and if so, apologies.

When you said that you monitor "out of the box" I took that to mean that you're monitoring live signals during or before recording during setup - before - Studio One, like maybe monitoring with a console or mixer, which would mean that nothing in the daw would ever affect live input monitoring since it's happening outside of, before, and completely independent from the daw. In that case, the daw would be a downstream tape recorder, recording and playing back, but not monitoring any live signals ever.

Seems to me if you're monitoring outboard before the daw, that you only need the daw to meter signals coming in about to be recorded and at the same time play back any recorded tracks when the record button is on, and that mode seems to allow both things.

I'm obviously missing something in your use case if you aren't using the monitor buttons to monitor or pass live signals - through - Studio One for monitoring, but at the same time a Studio One mode or setting is somehow still blocking live monitoring.
by Jessa on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:02 pm
Lawrence wroteI'm most likely just misunderstanding your setup, and if so, apologies.

When you said that you monitor "out of the box" I took that to mean that you're monitoring live signals during or before recording during setup - before - Studio One, like maybe monitoring with a console or mixer, which would mean that nothing in the daw would ever affect live input monitoring since it's happening outside of, before, and completely independent from the daw. In that case, the daw would be a downstream tape recorder, recording and playing back, but not monitoring any live signals ever.

Seems to me if you're monitoring outboard before the daw, that you only need the daw to meter signals coming in about to be recorded and at the same time play back any recorded tracks when the record button is on, and that mode seems to allow both things.

I'm obviously missing something in your use case if you aren't using the monitor buttons to monitor or pass live signals - through - Studio One for monitoring, but at the same time a Studio One mode or setting is somehow still blocking live monitoring.

All good Lawrence, i really do appreciate your help...I use the Presonus Studio 192 as my interface and use it's on board DSP for monitoring purposes. The problem lies not in the tracking but in the play back from Studio One. The return from Studio One comes back onto a dedicated return channel within the 192's DSP, This is why with Tape style on i can not hear the previous track until record is engaged, yes i have the metering when this mode is selected but even with the blue monitor button off I still get a delayed signal coming from S1 , which to be honest i can't work out why?? ..The last time i remember everything working the way i want it too was is version 2.6?....I may need to sit down with it and go through all the modes again and make sure i have my story straight..:)
by boof on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:22 am
Just some observations/notes when I upgraded today
I updated from 3.1.1 to 3.5.2 today and had some issues Maybe this is just FYI or if anyone had experienced similar issues would be good to know.

* after installing and pressing reconnect under external devices studio freezed on me only happened a couple times

* If an external synth was assigned to an instrument track and I turned off monitor and the turned it back on midi messages would no longer be sent to that instrument (that was really odd)

* would not read my ikeys keyboard on start up of studio one. had to delete it entirely and reset it up and then it would work Although even when on start up it said failed it actualy did still work.

* and the one that made me think I was going to have to send my prophet 5 back into the shop for months of repair was that when I had midi in and out connected to the Prophet 5 I would only get 3 voices if I unplugged the midi out (but left the midi in cable connected) I would get all 5 voices . with both cables connected I could get all 5 voices if it was triggered from a midi controller. I rebooted studio one and that seems to have fixed it but no real ida of the cause of the fix.

Anyways this is why I tend to stick with what works. there always seems to be some issues when updating. Fortunate I was able to resolve all of them (so far?) and very glad I didnt have to send the synth back to the shop for a few months.....

JB

Presonus Studio one 3.5.6
1818VSL FW1.49
Win 7 64 SP1
by jpettit on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 am
Thanks
That a pretty big jump in versions.
The MIDI devices having to be redefind to work properly happpened on 3.5 when the optimized the song loading.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

135 postsPage 7 of 7
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7