135 postsPage 6 of 7
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
I was one of the people discussing that loop bug last year. It seemed better in 3.3.4 but still randomly occurred. My workaround was to always record an extra loop. (needing to use that workaround has wasted a lot of my time over the past year). With 3.5.2, it's even worse. Recording an extra loop is no help. Loop recording is unusable. This is a core function of a DAW and it's shameful that Presonus has not addressed this. I don't care if they add 100 really cool features, being unable to reliably record takes in loops makes it unsuitable for use as a DAW. If the release notes for 3.5.3 don't include "fixed loop recording bug", it won't even be worth testing. :x

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by billmihalik on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 am
Yes.I also have tried recording an extra loop, but it seems the missing takes are at random. Hopefully it will be addressed.

PC AudioLabs, Win 10 Pro 64bit, AMD FX-4350 Quad-Core 4.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Studio One Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
by darrenjames on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 am
roland1 wroteGlad / annoyed that others are reporting the missed MIDI notes issue. I would assume something so basic would have been tested prior to release. Guess not.

I have this issue as well. I upgraded to 3.5.2 and a song I am working on is dropping midi notes everywhere. This was fine in 3.5.1 and is fine if you export the song (not real time). The missing notes seem to be the same every time, not random.

This s/w should have been tested more thoroughly Presonus!

Studio One 4 Pro // MacBook Pro (2017) - OSX, 64 bit, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 Gb DDR3 // Faderport 8 // Softube Console 1 // SPL Crimson // MOTU 8A // Waves // SoundToys // NI
by djdeanmasi on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:51 am
It has been 5 weeks since the release of 3.5.2. There have been quite a few reported issues that came along with the release. Are we getting a fixed update on the software anytime soon? Is anyone aware? I refuse to download the new update at the moment.
by jpettit on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 am
Yes

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by chrisprovine on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 pm
Dropped MIDI notes is keeping my on previous release. (and looking at Cubase now)

Win 10 Home
Studio One 4.5.1
Komplete Kontrol S49
UR 22 mkII
by scottmoncrieff on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:54 pm
chrisprovine wroteDropped MIDI notes is keeping my on previous release. (and looking at Cubase now)

You might want to look, at the Steinberg 'Issue's' section of their forum, before doing that. ;)

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by roland1 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm
Kind of ironic though, that it was released at this questionable stage in its development, when the response of many (I assume) including myself is to forego the update and stick with the older version. Should have just released it in November for all the good it's done.

Grieving. It's a process. :D

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by WaterlooSunset on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:19 am
Very interesting Win 10 14+ CPU core count and drop outs thread on the Cubase forum. I do not recall seeing that discuss before. Worth a read in my opinion.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by Skaperverket on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm
WaterlooSunset wroteVery interesting Win 10 14+ CPU core count and drop outs thread on the Cubase forum. I do not recall seeing that discuss before. Worth a read in my opinion.

Yeah. And that's logical cores, not physical. For Cubase. I think Cubase is the only one where this issue is this extreme. Apparently due to some allocation practice where two threads are used for tasks that other DAWs only use one thread (if I remember and understood correctly something I read at one point).

But apparently any real-time multimedia applications running on Windows 10 can be affected by this Windows 10 limitation if the CPU in use has enough cores. A maximum of 32 threads for such an application means that an 18 core/36 thread (and above) CPU might not give us the expected gains for real-time audio (unless other applications running in parallel can utilize the unused cores). It's interesting that Windows 10 has got this limit but Windows 8 did not.

Has anyone here tested Studio One with an 18 core/36 thread (or above) running on Windows 10?
by ozinga on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:23 pm
Hi

On a fresh install iMac I am having constant %100 spikes if Vengeance Avenger (vst2and3) window is front and scale is %100. Even without playing anything at all. Stops if I close the plugin window or raise the Device block size to 512.
And it is the only plugin loaded
Checked with Ableton Live and does not happen
Also same behaviour happens if I scroll arrange page vertically with empty tracks again without playing anything.

iMac 2017 3.8 i5 8MB Ram
OS 10.12.4
Apollo Twin Duo
Studio One 3.5.2.44603

Thanks
Oz

MB PRO 2018 32/1TB Mojave
iMac 2017 64/512 Mojave
UAD Apollo X6 / UAD Apollo 16 / UAD Apollo Twin X
by kristiankolinek on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 am
I switched from Cubase to S1 and I will tell you, it is the best thing I could do.

Aside from bugs, Steinberg update politics and support is a lot worse than S1.
Paid updates every year, with functions that S1 will give you for free with a minor .1 updates.
And I am not speaking about, how many of these updates you are getting in between of major version releases.
Also S1 is a lot cheaper.

S1 is far more intuitive and easier to use (I was frustrated using Cubase).

Sure, it is frustrating to have bugs, but it happens all the time with that complex applications and at least Presonus cares and is working on fixes quickly.

In my opinion switching to Cubase from S1 is a step back unless you are doing scores and you will use Cubase advanced MIDI features.

So I must thank Presonus and its developers for a great work and support. And I am looking forward to exciting new features they are going to bring in the future.

Studio One Pro 5, Audient ID22, Maschine MK2, OS: Win 10 x64 Pro, CPU: i7 6700K 4.0 GHz, RAM: 16GB, GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060
by Funkybot on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:17 pm
kristiankolinek wroteIn my opinion switching to Cubase from S1 is a step back unless you are doing scores and you will use Cubase advanced MIDI features.

This is exactly the reason I hope the Presonus team does some major updates to the MIDI side of things in version 4. Half of my work is roughly MIDI based and I've run into hurdles with Studio One trying to do instrument/MIDI work. If they could Improve this side is the house, it would really help complete S1 as the ultimate DAW for me. For the time being, I keep looking over at Cubase with thoughts of using it for MIDI work and S1 for audio and mixing, but the reality is, that would make my workflow even more cumbersome.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Leightdogg on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:25 pm
Hello all,
I am using Studio One 3.5 on a windows computer. I noticed that I do not the choice to select a separate recording and playback device in the settings menu. Any reasons on why I do not have this feature?

Leight-
by jpettit on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:28 pm
Leightdogg wroteHello all,
I am using Studio One 3.5 on a windows computer. I noticed that I do not the choice to select a separate recording and playback device in the settings menu. Any reasons on why I do not have this feature?

Leight-

I believe that is only available on a Mac.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by scottmoncrieff on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm
There's been lots of discussion about note skipping in 3.5.2 and a few video's have been posted to confirm it, but what hasn't been posted is a demonstration that note skipping isn't an issue for everyone. There is no audible sound recorded here, only the visual waveform as you see. The audio interface as I've mentioned a few times is a Focusrite Pro 14 (Firewire based interface). I tested it at the lowest latency also in the video to see if there was any problems there. On the lowest latency, there is some visual jitter however this wasn't reflected in the audible audio I was hearing and no dropping of notes either.

I could have recorded the audio to my mic but it is was almost midnight.

phpBB [video]

Second Test (Includes Audio) - With Native Instruments Rounds

phpBB [video]

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by andrewfalk2 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:19 pm
alejandrorufoalvarez wroteHi,

Since I updated to v3.5.2 I'm missing MIDI notes after some bars, so I have had to roll back to a previous version, 3.5.0.

I suspect that I am the only one suffering this issue because otherwise this thread was flaming like the hell xD

Just saying for let it know to devs in case that I wasn't the only one., I can live in v3.5.0.

Thanks and regards.

I am dealing with the same issue of ezdrummer dropping out note here and there. Sometimes the same spot. But if listening on playback closer to the note that dropped out it plays it.

Will this be fixed in the next update.?
by cbphoto on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 pm
multifederal wrote :reading:

ROFL

I, too, am having problems with 3.5.2.44603 and came here hoping to find a solution. Instead, I'll cry in my beer with the rest of y'all.
by kielen on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 am
niles wrote@Skaperverket, any difference when you disable Snap to grid?

I'm seeing this same issue. I disabled "Snap to grid" and noticed no difference in behavior on Mac OS. Are there any additional settings I could alter to affect this?

Mac Mini; 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7; 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4; OS X 12.6.5; Studio One 6.1/6.2; iZotope Ozone 10; EW Composer Cloud; Arturia V Collection 9; Kontakt 7; Arturia Keylab 49 mkII; UA Volt 2
by Skaperverket on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am
A post in this thread (and a new separate topic) with a warning about 3.5.2 and some bugs was recently posted and for some reason deleted. I decided to try it again today before a session, and I have to confess that it is unusable for me. Improvised vocal takes disappearing while loop recording and notes skipping while playing back "midi" parts both in loop mode and not in loop mode. Don't know why that other user decided to delete his posts (or why a mod deleted them) but to some of us it is true, and if someone has got these problems (and the automation bug) with version 3.5.2, don't give up. Just roll back to an older version and wait for a bug fix.

135 postsPage 6 of 7
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7