118 postsPage 3 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I want the pool section for midi. As it is, it's variations of audio and would like to have variation of midi patterns that stemmed from a parent midi pattern.
Any chance there is a vst that does this? Like I can have a midi pattern be any number of measures. Click an arrow to see a drop down of my other very similar midi patterns and drag and drop them into the sequencer.

Briefly checking out FL studio, at least they have a pattern section. We need some sort of midi organization.
by briandowding on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:05 am
Hoping I don't mention something I didn't know it could do already, but here is a few wish list items:

1) Having ReVoice Pro integration available in a manner similiar to how Melodyne integrates. Currently, ReVoice Pro is a lot more advanced than Vocalign, but IMO much more annoying to use than Vocalign.

2) Having StudioOne be able to integrate with Notion to transcribe tracks into notation scores. Perhaps this isn't a giant step for MIDI driven tracks - but for non-MIDI tracks it would be slick if it could leverage it's existing integration to Melodyne to try to bridge that gap. This obviously wouldn't be perfect for tablature, but shouldn't be as imposing a proposition for staff music. The greatest challenge for the Melodyne component would be in it's ability to properly translate instances of polyphony (chords) - it seems to be very accurate 99% of the time on single note lines - so that covers everything but chording instruments like guitar and pianos (or tracks where a live group recording was made of voices or other instruments).

3) Assuming that the above existed, export options for other notation platforms like Finale, etc.

4) The ability to import projects from other DAW's directly into StudioOne. For example, I have a ton of old SONAR Platinum projects from prior to abandoning that platform to StudioOne. It would be amazing to have StudioOne directly open those projects so to convert/save them into StudioOne format projects without having to go through the process of exporting out of one, and importing into the other, track by track, and then recreating the bussing, FX, etc, ad nauseum. This could be strong marketing to encourage others to leave their current platforms for StudioOne. If it is easy to convert works of the past to StudioOne, it is much less daunting for those entrenched in something else.

5) Support for the AudioSuite format. I simply want to be able to use tools like NuGen's LM-Correct in StudioOne 3 - as these do not have VST versions, and it doesn't seem like they will soon.

6) Improved ability to leverage multiple cores. Perhaps this is better stated as improved multi-threading performance. Currently on my Core-i7 it seems to spike while there is still some headroom reported in Task Manager that isn't reported as existing in the DAW's CPU usage indicator. I would love to see it eat more of my CPU. I would love to have one of those 24-core XEON's someday and see PreSonus go after up to 90% of all that had to offer for power as well.

7) Improved compatibility with touchscreen monitors. Currently I use a WACOM Cintiq 27QHD for my mixing, and the faders are not always moving accurately under my fingers. This screen has 10 points of touch. The faders currently don't seem to move linearly. Much potential to be exploited here.
by BM Grabber on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:44 am
Robdp wroteImport Track session data... ( way past due to be honest )
Track Notes
Track Templates
More colors in palette
Automate transpose for Audio
Mix Snapshots

and... fix the mixer track height and channels re-arragning themselves bug. Please.

Yes.... Import Session Data is way overdue..... Due to the number of people coming from PT I guess Presonus have been "nagged" about this one.
Now they just have to deliver...

Track Templates and Mix Snapshots should also be highh on the list for the next version.
by rguitar78 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:46 am
I want to be able to use my Rocktron MIDI Mate and expression pedal to send MIDI to VSTs like BiasFX, TwoNotes and GuitarRig. This would allow me to set the band up in the quantum, run live monitoring in studio one and run my rig virtually.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-4790K @4.8Ghz - Corsair 2400Mhz DDR3 32GB - Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 - Asus ThunderboltEX II - EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid - Samsung 950 Pro 512GB - Samsung 850 Evo 2TB - WD Black 6TB
Win10 Pro Version 1709 - HP BD-RE BT30N - Asus PG279Q

Quantum (FW1.1-4) - FaderPort - HP60 - Monitor Station V2 - Sceptre S6 - Temblor T10 - Ultrasone Pro 900
Studio One 3 Pro 3.5.4.45392 - Universal Control 2.4.0.44938
Melodyne Studio 4.1.1.011 - Notion 6.2.439
BIAS Studio Platinum 1.5.9 - OwnHammer complete IR set - RedWirez BigBox - GuitarRig Pro 5.2.2 (R8) - Rammfire - Reflektor
by brent mosher on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Simple things. Bring back the old track colours (just more of them). The strong primary colours, not the washed out pastels we currently have.

Improve or give another distortion option besides Red Light.

Improve the Limiter.

Add (audio) colour options to the EQ.

Keep adding instruments to Presence. The organs and EPs are pretty good.

RE: Red Light, I found this observation on a site which reviewed all of S1s effects and instruments and I got his permission to post his comments here:

"The 'Soft Tube' mode's odd harmonic levels seem off, especially with 3 stage. A resonant low-pass would be extremely useful. The scaling of the drive knob seems wrong to me, I feel that it should be biased towards softer amounts of distortion. Oversampling option is a must, on almost anything with harmonics 1khz+ it seems particularly nasty.

Overall, according to my notes (it's been a while since I intentionally used it), I was unable to get many useful pleasant sounds out of it except when fiddling with very low drive amounts on lower frequency instruments."
by hps909 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:24 pm
better support for external midi gear ie pipeline for instruments..
by sirmonkey on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:04 pm
A color picker. Please! Something like this:
Color Picker.JPG

Seems like low-hanging fruit to me!

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic,
by rguitar78 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:17 pm
rguitar78 wroteI want to be able to use my Rocktron MIDI Mate and expression pedal to send MIDI to VSTs like BiasFX, TwoNotes and GuitarRig. This would allow me to set the band up in the quantum, run live monitoring in studio one and run my rig virtually.

I found a workaround in the meantime. I posted my findings at the link below.

http://answers.presonus.com/9064/how-to ... udio-track

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-4790K @4.8Ghz - Corsair 2400Mhz DDR3 32GB - Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 - Asus ThunderboltEX II - EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid - Samsung 950 Pro 512GB - Samsung 850 Evo 2TB - WD Black 6TB
Win10 Pro Version 1709 - HP BD-RE BT30N - Asus PG279Q

Quantum (FW1.1-4) - FaderPort - HP60 - Monitor Station V2 - Sceptre S6 - Temblor T10 - Ultrasone Pro 900
Studio One 3 Pro 3.5.4.45392 - Universal Control 2.4.0.44938
Melodyne Studio 4.1.1.011 - Notion 6.2.439
BIAS Studio Platinum 1.5.9 - OwnHammer complete IR set - RedWirez BigBox - GuitarRig Pro 5.2.2 (R8) - Rammfire - Reflektor
by profirhino on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 am
S1's mangling and mixing capabilities are really good these days, and there is more than enough small fry (plugins, loops, samples) included already.
S1's achilles heel is the input side, it's been neglected way too long.
- a decent lanes / comping system, for crying out loud.
Please, please, swallow your pride and look at Cubase, they got this right ages ago, and I mean right.
Copy that system, as literal as possible, change the names of the functions around a little the Presonus way, and you'll have a winner.
I wrote volumes about the details here before.
The current concept is simple, but simply messed up, with edits miraculously changing size, no editing events on lanes and whatnot.
Again, please don't invent another bizarre shaped wheel, get it right once and for all this time !
- does the word MIDI drum editor ring a bell ? hello ?
- macro undo "en bloc" - hey, a macro wraps up a complex chain of commands to a single keystroke - it's only logical to undo the entire shebang with a single ctrl z again ...
- as has been mentioned, import session data is big.

S1's back end is really great these days, now it's time to play catch up with the front end ! :thumbup:
before you can mix music, you have to create and record it first !

peace,
Rhino
by brent mosher on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 am
- a decent lanes / comping system, for crying out loud.
Please, please, swallow your pride and look at Cubase, they got this right ages ago, and I mean right.
Copy that system, as literal as possible, change the names of the functions around a little the Presonus way, and you'll have a winner.
I wrote volumes about the details here before.
The current concept is simple, but simply messed up, with edits miraculously changing size, no editing events on lanes and whatnot.
Again, please don't invent another bizarre shaped wheel, get it right once and for all this time !
- does the word MIDI drum editor ring a bell ? hello ?

:+1
by scottmoncrieff on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:21 pm
I'll introduce the first ever showing of my new concept here of Mojito XT.. :-)

Previous concept project..

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 920@3.57GHz,Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by sirmonkey on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:20 pm
Scott, you got my hopes up. I thought that was something already built.
You should definitely be in graphical advertising :thumbup:

by sirmonkey on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 pm
Ignite Pic.JPG
It would be cool if Presonus added something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTdt06tpY4

by scottmoncrieff on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:48 am
sirmonkey wroteScott, you got my hopes up. I thought that was something already built.
You should definitely be in graphical advertising :thumbup:

Thank's, the Mojito XT design was something I started several months ago, but finished it off in the past couple of days as I wasn't too sure in where I was going to go with it. I wanted to expand it but without over complicating it too much, keeping to the feel of the original but giving it a distinctive eye catching look. I've been working on my own 303 type instrument as part of a rack system in Reaktor myself, there's some symmetry in that too. I did consider designing a workable version of Mojito XT in Reaktor funny enough before posting the image above. I use to work in graphic design and produce advertising flyers some years ago incidently. I wasn't sure if Sample One XT's knobs in that image were like that because of the angle or the size of the 3D plane I used, or because of a slight image composition resize I did in photoshop....but here's how it looks in it's true perspective form.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 920@3.57GHz,Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Lawrence on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:15 am
Nice graphics (the Mojito mockup anyway, good graphic design work) but expectation wise, not sure how it's relevant as you can't honestly be "expecting" them to use your graphic designs. :)

My guess is that if there does happen come a Sample One XT it'll look better than that and have some functions not shown there.

Windows 7 64 SP1 - Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz 8GB - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB (8.850.0.0) - iPad 2 IOS 8.3
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 am
Lawrence wrote: My guess is that if there does happen come a Sample One XT it'll look better than that and have some functions not shown there.

Yeah, I completely agree.

Form follows function, so design really makes its best (and most relevant) place when the features are established. Then design has some relevancy. In this case, these images are conceptual, so they're cute, or stir the imagination some. But it doesn't do much more. Mojito is a grass roots synth. I suspect some deeper synth with more LFO's, VCO's, and whatever else is chosen be part of its engine, be it wavetable, additive, subtractive, frequency modulation, or other would go by some new name. I'd hope so. Not XT version of a primal synth, which I like that Mojito is.

But, thanks for the graphical ride. Em, in a S1, 4 wishlist.

I'd guess in about a year, the S4 feature wish posts will be plentiful. Remember all the S31-3 ones? Whooooo-ooo.

We could even be talking about the desired features of such a synth. You know, the meat and potatoes.

PC Sony VAIO laptop, Intel i7, 64-bit, 8 gig ram, S1 Pro, v3.2
by scottmoncrieff on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:53 am
Lawrence wroteNice graphics (the Mojito mockup anyway, good graphic design work) but expectation wise, not sure how it's relevant as you can't honestly be "expecting" them to use your graphic designs. :)

My guess is that if there does happen come a Sample One XT it'll look better than that and have some functions not shown there.

Sample One XT is modular panel based, so how it looks can be modified in what is actually active. It naturally retains everything the original has and builds on it quite extensively. Due to the additional complexity and the choice of retaining unity with the current design approach of version 3's instruments, 3.5 effect design, it's one that needed to fit in seamlessly particularly from how version 2 currently looks. To go beyond that and have custom gradient looking panels and scheme options to choose from could be an option, but probably not one I'd expect. The hard part of design is not so much coming up the idea's themselves but actually making them work and fit together with other elements.

For quick reference on the forum here's how Sample one currently looks.

by scottmoncrieff on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:04 pm
Lokeyfly wroteI suspect some deeper synth with more LFO's, VCO's, and whatever else is chosen be part of its engine, be it wavetable, additive, subtractive, frequency modulation, or other would go by some new name. I'd hope so. Not XT version of a primal synth, which I like that Mojito is.

This is the mistake propellerheads have been making for the past 17 years, with their tiny rack system and much of their native synths and effects. Not keeping core tools current, and leaving stuff years and years out of date.

Studio One also has a suite of plugin's which could be updated to be more flexible and usable for the user whether making their graphical screens bigger, and gui's resizeable for larger screen resolutions.

by scottmoncrieff on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:07 pm
sirmonkey wrote
Ignite Pic.JPG
It would be cool if Presonus added something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTdt06tpY4

A guitar sequence recorder, interesting.

The gui reminds me of the sequencer I used with Music 2000 on the Playstation back in 1998 - 2000.

by Funkybot on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:35 pm
Personally, I'm in the camp of "focus on DAW features, and leave the plugins to the plugin companies." If SampleOne is too limited, I'd suggest Kontakt. The good thing about Kontakt is, it's the de facto standard and cross-platform/DAW. If you decided in three years that you hate Studio One, you could always take any projects that use Kontakt and recreate them in another DAW. SampleOne can't go with you.

I understand having the basics in there, but if the existing instruments/effects are too limited, that's an indication that you should be looking for a commercial product that meets your needs. A company like Native Instruments has put countless hours spread over a decade into something like Kontakt. Same for UVI. Need a drum solution? Maybe check out Giest 2 from Fxpansion. The last thing I'd want for Presonus to focus a ton of development hours on is creating a bigger sampler, when those resources could be allocated to enhancing core DAW functions (like getting MIDI up to par with Cubase).

Anyway, just my two cents. We all have different needs/wishes/etc.

118 postsPage 3 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6