10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I've increasingly been noticing blips and pops and glitches/ artifacts when I use the transpose audio function. I tend to do this quite a lot on audio within each session without printing the audio again, but never had any issues until recently.

Am I the only one? Or are there any tricks you might have that I could try

Many thanks

Jack
by Tacman7 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:43 pm
Artifacts are the processing not keeping up with what's being asked of it.

That's real time transposition like a sampler does I think, maybe if you have too many of them it can't keep up?

Could bounce it then it wouldn't have any extra processing going on maybe.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jackmatthias on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:05 am
I guess I could bounce them all, but I love having the freedom to change them on the fly, its just a workflow thing though not a massive deal

Cheers
Jack
by Tacman7 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 am
Ya, know what you mean, you could still save the original in a layer or just in the pool if you need to change it later, or just change the bounced version.

But still it's a hassle.

More power, more cores!

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by jackmatthias on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:17 am
All good ideas mate, many thanks :thumbup:
by elpapirodriguez on Mon May 04, 2020 4:31 pm
Hey guys so I'm trying to transpose and I'm kinda familiar with the process, however my studio has been acting up and only lets me transpose full tones instead of semitones. Every time i hit +- 1 i automatically jumps 2 semitones. Any idea is there's a setting for it or how can i go about it? its pretty annoying. Thanks
by Jemusic on Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm
Try holding down the SHIFT button while making transpose settings for finer control over setting parameters. It is easy sometimes for it to jump 2 semitones instead of one otherwise.

You can also double click and enter the transpose value as well. Note: If you double click and you want to enter a + transposition, do not use the plus sign. Just put in the value there only eg 3 or 1 etc. For a downward transposition you need to put the minus sign in before the number eg -1 or -3 etc..

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Mon May 04, 2020 7:43 pm
I was thinking there was a tune parameter where you could tune/detune by cents for audio tracks.

Is it gone or was it a figment of my imagination?

Forum Moderator.

by Jemusic on Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm
Tune parameter is under the Transpose settings. (+ or -100 cents) These are not in the main Inspector window though. They in the 3rd most bottom window of the Inspector (F4) when an audio event is selected.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Mon May 04, 2020 8:27 pm
There it is!, I was lost!

Thanks

Forum Moderator.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1