5 posts
Page 1 of 1
After installing Studio One 3 to a new computer is there a way to move all my plugins from the old one?
by Bbd on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 am
From your old PC, look at the VST folder path that you had setup in Options/VST Plug-Ins/Locations and copy all that data to your new PC. Then set your folder/locations on the new PC and run Scan at startup.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 am
That might work for some plugins but you might have to reinstall some, depending on if you can move their data files also.

Like a big plugin with a lot of content might have it's files in C:Program files/etc. and not where your VST plugins are kept. Some do put them in the vst folder.

Move them then install any that don't work when you get there maybe.

Then there's authorizations to redo...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jBranam on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:53 pm
may be the odd man out but i keep everything from S1 on my library drive (sound sets, songs, macros, etc.) that normally installs in C://user/documents by default. and i keep my library drive backed up. the reasoning is when i need to install or re-install S1 or change to another system as in upgrade... all i have to do is install S1 where i want it then i go into S1 and direct all the locations properly. as for VSTs they all reside on my 'program' drive so i tend to have to re-install ALL my plugins on system revamps. beyond that i tend to allow my AAX and VST3 to install to the root drive and remain in 'common files' by default.

bottom line... if you keep everything (S1 related) but the S1 program on your (hopefully) separate library drive then it will always be there and up to date. then all you have to do is install the main program. hope this makes sense and helps some. cheers

jay

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by tovokas on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 am
And just to reiterate, even if you copy over the folders to hopefully save a setting or two, (or keep them on an external drive) for most plugins you will need to reinstall them, pointing to the same directory or directories. (And re-authenticate them in most cases. Be sure to un-authenticate them on the old machine if you're out of authentication slots). After my recent system move, I'm seriously considering cutting back on my plugins and learning to rely more on stock plugins just to avoid the marathon plugin reinstall process!

M1 Mac Studio 32 Gigs/ i7 Windows
Mac Monterey/Windows 11
Tascam Model 12/Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Studio One 6.5 (Sphere) / Waveform 12.5
Plugins: Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia,
Komplete 14, PSP

5 posts
Page 1 of 1