11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have an M-Audio Axiom 49 and I'm looking for a MIDI controller that's easier to setup/configure and use. I understand that the Nektar LX+ is more user-friendly. Can anyone speak to how easy it is to set up and use, and the usability of the user manual, maybe compared to the Axiom?

iMac, OS X Sierra, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Studio One v. 3.5.x, Focusrite Clarrett 8Pre, NI Komplete ...
by garryknight on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:56 pm
I have the Nektar Impact LX49+. I downloaded the configuration file from NektarTech and installed it. The controller now controls all of the native Studio One instruments, effects, transport, and mixer with no extra work. It works with Studio One's Control Link system nicely. And, of course, it's easy to use with third party VSTs, too. I just wish I'd bought one years ago.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by mall17 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:44 pm
Thanks, GarryKnight! That's great to hear!

iMac, OS X Sierra, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Studio One v. 3.5.x, Focusrite Clarrett 8Pre, NI Komplete ...
by lixisoft on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:39 am
I have the LX49, you just download the S1 setup file and run it...............everything sets up auto-magically. Works very well and is the best bang for the buck for S1 IMHO. I really like it for what it is, a real piano player will not like the synth action or the way the keys respond, but that's not the market this controller is designed for. I read the manual through once :reading: and have never had a need to read it again, it really is that easy to use. Also every time I upgrade S1, I need to rerun the LX setup file again as S1 updates break my LX connection. No big deal, just a heads up. Another point is that the LX is IOS class compliant, so I can just plug it into my iPad and use it. I highly recommend it !! :thumbup:

PC i7 Quad, Win7/64, RME FF800, UA PCI Cards:1 Duo, 1 Solo.
by mall17 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:54 am
lixisoft, it sounds like it was designed for me! The Axiom user manual was more like a programmer reference, if you could understand it, you didn't need it. Almost totally useless.

And thanks for the heads up about re-running the setup after updating S1!

by nadissuraweera on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:13 pm
i had M-Audio Oxygen 61 and moved to Nektar Impact LK49+
the integration with studio one is great..
8 pads are superbt(pads in m-Audio oxygen was a crap)
Keys are not bad(better than m-audio oxygen) and cannot complain when compared with the price.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:30 am
Hi mall17,
Farkas be it, I wish to steer you away from the nektar, but you may just want to give Studio One's midi controller mapping a try with the Axiom. I also have the Axiom, as a backup controller, and it works great. Actually the key action is even better than my Novation SL MKII!

Anyway, give it a shot if you haven't already. I've never read any of these companies trolley manuals, and they are all so lifeless anyway.

The video is older and represents Studio One v2, but the context is there, and easy to follow.

Try it for fun. You may use it going forward with whatever you choose.
phpBB [video]

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 am
Hi mall17,
Far be it, I wish to steer you away from the nektar, but you may just want to give Studio One's midi controller mapping a try with the Axiom. I also have the Axiom, as a backup controller, and it works great. Actually the key action is even better than my Novation SL MKII, and some dedicated Roland synths I have.

Anyway, give it a shot if you haven't already. I've never read any of these controller manuals, and they are all so lifeless anyway. That's from most any company. Mmv.

The attached video is older and represents Studio One v2, but the context is there, and easy to follow.

Try it for fun. You may use it going forward with whatever controller you choose, but you don't have to go without just the same.
phpBB [video]

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by mall17 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:45 am
Thanks, Lokeyfly, this is a great refresher. I got the Nektar, and it did this all for me, super fast, and so far everything I've used works perfectly. However, I might want to use this to tweak.

So FWIW, I HIGHLY recommend the Nektar Impact LX 49+, I had zero setup to do!

by Lokeyfly on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:48 pm
Good luck with the new LX. Thanks for the tip. It's a great deal, so good to know it all works well.

All the best.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by isaacmizrahi on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 am
just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you...including the one who asked the question...
i, recently, bought a Novation Launchkey 61 in the hopes that it would do what the Nektar does...
i'''m pretty new at this and learned a lot...one of the most important lessons was that i can't trust tutorials...they kept on suggestion a midi send option that didn't work...i was SO frustrated that i decided to try one of the two other dropdown options...and IT worked...but Novation is, primarily, an Ableton adjunct...so much of what i tried to set up, thereafer, didn't work...
but that''s ok...i still have plenty of time to return it...
so now i''ll order the Nektar...thank you VERY much...

11 posts
Page 1 of 1