86 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I have been using the 3.2.3 version (Build 38191) it was ok, but after I upgraded it to 3.5.1 then I save a song which S1 told me if I want to save it in the newer one (3.5.1) since then i can use any songs that I have saved in the 3.5.1 version (keep showing S1 quit unexpectedly click reopen )
by jpettit on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:50 pm
philippeedouard wrote since then i can use any songs that I have saved in the 3.5.1 version (keep showing S1 quit unexpectedly click reopen )

Did you mean you can not ?
So it sounds like it crashes when opening the song?
Do you have it set to auto open the last song?
Does it make it through the boot up to the start page?

See the tip how to open a song that will not open in the tips a tricks or FAQ section.

Much more info needed on just before the crash.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by nicesniper on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:21 am
very important
1. disable auto crossfade
2. mute video sound only & video sound solo
by Adria S. on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:25 pm
Could anyone please help with an 3.5.1 update problem? I am in the middle of a project and decided to update real quick before closing up shop. I ran through the update as I have with earlier updates.

When I opened SO3 I get errors saying none of my MIDI devices were found. "MIDI Port not found for _____" - on all three of my devices (a midi keyboard, MD24 and Faderport).

The same MIDI devices were working just minutes ago with the old version of Studio One 3 (3.3.4). Windows sees them as does a separate MIDI utility app (MidiOx). I've restarted both Studio One 3 and Windows (7) to no avail. I repeat, my devices were working just minutes ago under the previous version of Studio One.

I've tried using the Reconnect option but it continues to say my devices do not exist even though Windows sees them and they were working just fine with the previous version of Studio One (3.3.4)

Super frustrated since I am in the middle of a project and am now unable to work.

I posted a separate thread but am hoping to get more eyes on this issue: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=26522

Studio One 5.1 on Windows 10 x64 (i7 processor, 16gb RAM)
FP10 FireWire
Kurzweil SP76 digital piano / MIDI controller
Akai MPD24 pad control
by jpettit on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:59 pm
Delete them and re-add them.
They will then work.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by ritchieborg on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:27 am
Hello!

I have a strange problem in 3.5.1.

As it is now I can't get anything recorded to tape.

Even though I have signal through monitoring and signal in the meter (though the meter is just showing a line at the peak without the bar under which is strange in itself). Can't get signal without ZLM button pressed in and like I said nothing gets recorded to tape. I have a Clarett 4Pre on a Macbook Pro Retina 15". Anyone have similiar issues?

Edit: Seeing this has something to do with the combination of my Focusrite Clarett becuase when I swith to Built in device it all work fine. Working and seeing if I could get this working.

Edit 2: Ok, so only the normal built in preamps works like normal in S1 but not the line ins. But THey work in reaper, this is so strange!
Last edited by ritchieborg on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Bbd on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 am
Did you read the Help/Setup/Aduio Device Input/Output Setup section? That might help you review your audio device setup.

Also, you know we don't record to tape!

Once you get your input setup, view the Inputs by selecting Mix/Inputs and then see what you get in the input channels. You should see input levels based on your live input.

Here's a video about setting up inputs and outputs:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=26459

Here's a video about basic recording:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=26472

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ritchieborg on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:44 am
Well i use tape as a way to express that nothing gets printed into the recording if that makes any sense to you... Even though I have monitoring and some weird meter behaviour nothing is recorded.

As for the basic instructions of setting up S1, thank you, but this is something more than basic setup. I bought studio one in 2010 and transfered the license to a new account hence my first post but I'm not new to S1.

I wrote in my edited post that I get signal in Reaper so it's not a faulty Clarett, it's something that goes on in i S1 with my line inputs (my interface pres work fine). I actually recorded fine yesterday through my line inputs with my external preamp and the problem has been on and off the last 3 days.

I'm gonna do some more testing, but if anyone has a similar problem that they solved I'm happy to know how! :)

Edit: Ok so I tried to open a new song and it worked, but this is how it's been the last days. It has been fine then it stops working. Wondering what triggers the problem...

Bbd wroteDid you read the Help/Setup/Aduio Device Input/Output Setup section? That might help you review your audio device setup.

Also, you know we don't record to tape!

Once you get your input setup, view the Inputs by selecting Mix/Inputs and then see what you get in the input channels. You should see input levels based on your live input.

Here's a video about setting up inputs and outputs:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=26459

Here's a video about basic recording:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=26472
by patricemazmanian on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 am
@ritchieborg
This can help
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=26258

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by Adria S. on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:17 pm
jpettit wroteDelete them and re-add them.
They will then work.

I tried removing and adding them back. No luck.

These devices worked perfectly just before I updated. All I did was select the update option in SO3. The update installed without issue apart from causing all of my MIDI devices to be "lost"

Attaching screenshot showing where Windows sees and talks with my MPD24. These devices are visible in Windows.

Is anyone from Presonus reading this? Do they have a support line I can call in?

lostmidi4.jpg

Studio One 5.1 on Windows 10 x64 (i7 processor, 16gb RAM)
FP10 FireWire
Kurzweil SP76 digital piano / MIDI controller
Akai MPD24 pad control
by jpettit on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm
Are we talking about the same thing?
I meant the S1 devices that used the correctly working MIDI ports. ( not the MIDI driver )
There have been many of reports of it and the solution is to remove the "S1" external device and re add it.

by grumpops on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm
Older versions, when you checked "My Presonus" under Software, there was a list of what you still had available to download for sound sets and whatnot..Check the boxes, click Download...NOW however.
I just replaced the laptop with a PC Audiolabs laptop and when installing Studio One 3 Professional...I see that I now have to individually download some 20 separate files and THEN try to install them...since they download as TEXT FILES...double clicking them, as the page instructs, results in a WORD document with garbage on it.

Great job. Thanks for making a 20 minute installation into six hours.
If I was looking for a reason to switch to Pro Tools, you just gave it to me.

Studio One Professional
44 VSL audio Box for live.
Utrack24s for live. Record 24 while playing 24. On USB 3.
PC Audiolabs RokBox. Laptop. (Always have a second backup onstage...lol) Same as Tower for home.
Editing done on PC Audiolabs tower. 7th Gen i7 (7700) 16GB DDR4
250GB SSD holds operating system and such.
500GB SSD for files and the few programs onboard
1972 Les Paul Custom
PRS CE 24 (NOT SE...CE made in Stevensville Md...)
PRS Violet Custom 24
Taylor 515CE
Axe Effects Ultra MK II XL guitar processing/modeling system
by Steve Carter on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 pm
Strange..!!
I just migrated from an old iMac to a new PC and just about the only part of downloading S1 that took 20 mins was the S1 v3.51 program software.
The soundsets are much larger files and living in rural France the internet speeds are not exactly zippy, so, I expected things to take a long time and started the downloads before going to bed/going to work and then installed the files when the downloads finished.
I didn't experience any of the problems you have encountered and things didn't seem any more/less troublesome than previous versions. The process, although time consuming, worked rather seamlessly, I guess we all have different expectations and my migration was as expected. Your experience has obviously been less than ideal and I hope that you get it sorted soon.
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by grumpops on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:37 am
which was more my point.
Not the speed of the downloads...and did you write a small routine to batch them all because, I have to click/save/where/ for each one.

In all previous incarnations of S1, you could go to your account page, select My Products...Software, and this table came up with all the soundsets, greyed if installed...otherwise check the box, click Download...go to bed or whatever...
After migrating to this machine, I downloaded their downloader...then clicked GET ALL CONTENT...I had a link to the actual sofrware and then some 24 or 26 files below with the instruction: Download all the files and then double click to install...
REALLLY? Not so much..it's forcing me to save them as .txt files...which means I should probably stop downloading for now...and open the program and see if I can get them loaded as something.
Guess I need to find out....lol
More in the next episode of
As the Stomach Turns!

Studio One Professional
PC Audiolabs RokBox. Laptop. (Always have a second backup onstage...lol) Same as Tower for home.
1972 Les Paul Custom
PRS Violet Custom 24
Taylor 515CE
by grumpops on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:49 am
OMG found it.....
Create a blank project
Tab over to STUDIO ONE.....down to Installation.
Click that...get the box I was referring to that used to just be there when you clicked on your account.

It's downloading again, the files I'd already downloaded...in the ,sonsgset or soundset (whatever it's called) format rather than .txt.....not sure what's up with that. The drop down on SAVE AS gave me no option other than txt....??

And I ain't bein paid for it but...damn this new laptop...Got rid of the consumer grade HP from Costco....**PM me for name of company**...they build for music/video production. No bloatware. Boots in seconds from SSD and the only thing on the screen are folders with music, and the S1 logo/shortcut to run the program.
I'm actually seeing the speed I've been paying satancast for for years now....lol

Studio One Professional
1972 Les Paul Custom
PRS Violet Custom 24
Taylor 515CE
by deronthomas1 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:54 pm
my studio one 3.5.1 has just been crashing. it happens when I add plugins and also when I remove plugins. it once even happened when I was in the middle of recording.

I've did a clean install of my os which is Sierra everything that I've tried it has not worked at all
by jpettit on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 pm
Have you open a support ticket yet?

by deronthomas1 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:58 am
no I haven't opened a support ticket yet because I didn't know how to do so but I think I have figured out how to do it
by jandziock on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:44 pm
deronthomas1 wrotemy studio one 3.5.1 has just been crashing. it happens when I add plugins and also when I remove plugins. it once even happened when I was in the middle of recording.

I've did a clean install of my os which is Sierra everything that I've tried it has not worked at all

Same issue here. Crashes on Mac OS Sierra. Can't at all lay my hand on what causes it. It seems to crash randomly. Sometimes on the startup, sometimes after i've been playing instruments a while, sometimes when i've added some plugins. No crashes at all on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

If you have a heads up on the status of your bug report, i'd be happy to know.
by Skaperverket on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:44 am
jandziock wrote
deronthomas1 wrotemy studio one 3.5.1 has just been crashing. it happens when I add plugins and also when I remove plugins. it once even happened when I was in the middle of recording.

Same issue here. Crashes on Mac OS Sierra. Can't at all lay my hand on what causes it. It seems to crash randomly. Sometimes on the startup, sometimes after i've been playing instruments a while, sometimes when i've added some plugins. No crashes at all on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

If you have a heads up on the status of your bug report, i'd be happy to know.

What does the crash report say for you guys?

In my experience this kind of behavior is usually caused by third party plugins (f.i. adding a plugin that has a bug, or removing a plugin while its GUI is open), so if you can identify the crashed thread it might tell you something about what's happening.

86 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5