4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am attempting to use one vst because all I have is Mai Tai and mojito. So I have 2 tracks with Mai Tai on both. Is it possible to have one set to say a funky bass and the other track set to a lead synth? Everytime I switch and record, the first track has also changed. How to I keep them separated on one vst?
by Steve Carter on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 pm
Hi Robert...
Can you post details of your operating system and S1 version, better still include it in your signature.

It is certainly possible to use two instances of a VSTi on separate tracks. Have you definitely inserted Mai-Tai onto both tracks. Open the instrument list (left of the mixing console) and see if S1 has listed Mai-Tai as distinct instruments it should say Mai-Tai and then underneath Mai-Tai 2 (the first instace being effectively Mai-Tai 1).
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by sirmonkey on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:58 am
Can't you just record with one instrument, and then duplicate the original track, and then drop and drag the 2nd instrument on the duplicate(d) track? Perhaps I'm totally missing the point. :oops:

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by LBH on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 am
Like Steve Carter actually say:
Each time you drag a instrument from the instrument list to the workspace, then you get a seperate instance of the instrument (like multiple instances of Mai Tai), and then each can be set to use it's own sound.

It sounds like you have created two instrument tracks that use the same single instance of an instrument, and therefor use the same sound on both tracks.

Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
CPU: Intel I7 3770, 3,4 GHz, Quad core - Hyperthreading
SSD: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO series
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
DAW: Studio One 2 and 3 Professionel - 64 bit
Controller: Novation SL-MKII - Automap
Soundcard/ Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
All is Fully updated including BIOS and firmware.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1