11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ever since the 3.5 update I've noticed some insert plugins are not getting any signal and are effectively bypassed (though they are active). Strangely enough this can be fixed by moving around the order of the plugins on the channel around a bit, after which they become active again.

Seems weird to me. It happens on Melda plugins (MdynamicEq) and various UAD plugins. I have not messed with any settings from the audio processing tab, so dropout protection is set to minimum and I have no Z turned on anywhere.

Anyone has a similar issue?

Asus X99-A, i7 5820K 6-Core (4.2Ghz With Multiplier), Corsair 32Gb DDR4 RAM (2133 C15), 1 Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD, 2 Samsung 840 PRO 1TB SSD, 2 Samsung 850 EVO 2TB SSD, 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 4 TB HDD, AMD Firepro 2460, Win 7 64 Bit, USB 2.0 + 3.0 Ports, UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe, TC Powercore Express PCIe, Studio One Pro [Latest Update] 64 Bit
by Fer2010 on Tue May 30, 2017 9:51 am
I made a small video clip to show you guys the issue I'm talking about. There's several insert plugins from iZotope, UAD, Melda and Soundtoys running fine on an audio channel. Then, when I load up another insert plugin (it doesn't seem to matter which one, but I used Pro EQ for this example) the signal for all inserts above it stops passing through, and they effectively do nothing.

It doesn't happen always, and after restarting Studio One or reopening the song it sometimes doesn't happen anymore, making this seem like a bug to me. It also never ever happened before update 3.5.

Any suggestions on solving this or what could cause it? As stated above, I did not mess with the new audio processing options. My device and processing block size are both at 128 and dropout protection is set to minimum, which is all I can think of to do to prevent any issues relating to this.

[EDIT: I try to upload a 10.7Mb MP4 video but it doesn't appear anywhere. Any help on this would be appreciated]

Asus X99-A, i7 5820K 6-Core (4.2Ghz With Multiplier), Corsair 32Gb DDR4 RAM (2133 C15), 1 Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD, 2 Samsung 840 PRO 1TB SSD, 2 Samsung 850 EVO 2TB SSD, 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 4 TB HDD, AMD Firepro 2460, Win 7 64 Bit, USB 2.0 + 3.0 Ports, UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe, TC Powercore Express PCIe, Studio One Pro [Latest Update] 64 Bit
by santeripilli on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:45 pm
Hey Fer2010,

here's one soulmate. I've encountered two variations of this "routing" bug: one that you're talking about, and with the newest version (3.5.1) I found out that sometimes by routing audio (using the "Sends"-section of any given track) to a new FX-track, the audio does indeed GET processed by the Insert FX-chain, but the visual feedback of the plugins is off.

So when the bug is active, if you open the GUI of, say, the stock-EQ plugin (Pro EQ), you do hear the effect of boosting a certain frequency, but you see no spectrum curves; the plugin acts as if there is no audio input coming through. This bug also occurs on both third-party and stock-plugins as well.

I reported this bug a moment ago through the Presonus Support.

Apple MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011):
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR RAM, 500 GB HD (7200 RPM),
OSX version 10.12.4. (Sierra),

Interface: TC Electronic Konnekt 6 FireWire

Presonus Studio One 3, newest version, always (except when too buggy to work with daily).
by jpettit on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm
Shure sounds like you have green z on one of your outputs.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Fer2010 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:26 am
Thanks Santeripili.

I don't encounter the problem much anymore myself since the latest update, but I will report it back here if I do.

For me the problem you speak of where the processing is correct but the graphics don't seem to match hasn't occurred, but it definitely could be related.

And Jpettit, the green Z is definitely off. Not using any of the new options for audio processing and dropout protection is set at minimum, with my audio device and processing block sizes both the same.

It seems a known issue though, and I think the Presonus team is working on fixing it.

by darrenjames on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:37 am
I get this too, but only with the Softube Console 1 plug in. It works in the first slot, but struggles sometimes in the other slots if there are multiple plug ins (occurs about 10% of the time), BUT swopping them about has always fixed the problem.

Studio One 4 Pro // MacBook Pro (2017) - OSX, 64 bit, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 Gb DDR3 // Faderport 8 // Softube Console 1 // SPL Crimson // MOTU 8A // Waves // SoundToys // NI
by jpettit on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 pm
• some insert plugins are not getting any signal and are effectively bypassed (though they are active).
• Strangely enough, this can be fixed by moving around the order of the plugins on the channel around a bit, after which they become active again.
• I get this too, but only with the Softube Console 1 plug-in. It works in the first slot but struggles sometimes in the other slots if there are multiple plugins (occurs about 10% of the time), BUT swapping them about has always fixed the problem.
------------------
So you saying this "plugins appear to not get a signal but then work OK by changing their position " has been reported and confirmed by support?

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by darrenjames on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:39 am
Yes - your summary is correct. No - I haven't reported it, primarily because they are not showstoppers.

I really like S1, but it is fairly buggy - I also get regular crashes on exit (as do others), some instances of plugins "cannot be found" on load (despite being used on other tracks in the same project), and a few other niggles.

In my experience these minor issues are ironed out fairly quickly in subsequent releases.

What is the "formal" process for reporting bugs?

Cheers,

Darren

Studio One 4 Pro // MacBook Pro (2017) - OSX, 64 bit, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 Gb DDR3 // Faderport 8 // Softube Console 1 // SPL Crimson // MOTU 8A // Waves // SoundToys // NI
by jpettit on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:00 am
You have two choices to report a bug.

1) A support ticket ( does help some as it adds to the data but no immediate satisfaction for when the bug is hard to reproduce). If 20 people did this then more would be revealed.
2) Report it here in a specific thread that uniquely describes the issue, then keep it going until a repeatable pattern is identified then a moderator will get it in front of the developers.

Hard to find issue usually take many people and time to identify the sometimes many conditions that must be true in order to reproduce the behavior.

by darrenjames on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 am
thanks JP - I will dump out screenshots next time(s) and see if there's a pattern.

Darren

by Fer2010 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm
I reported it and included a video for support. They seem to be aware and are looking into the bug.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1