4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a Studio Logic SL88 Grand (programmable keyboard). I split the keys so half the keyboard transmits on MIDI channel 1, the other half on MIDI channel 2.

Opened other software to monitor the MIDI notes coming across. Works as expected.

Opened Pianoteq and validated that it works as expected (setting the instrument to only listen on channel 1 results in only half the keys sounding. Works.)

Open up Studio One, and add a MIDI instrument (PianoTeq) and assign it to MIDI channel 1. However, EVERY note I play (even those coming across on MIDI channel 2) sound. I honestly am starting to think this is a bug in Studio One's MIDI engine.

I've triple-checked all the settings, and the only culprit is Studio One.

Thoughts?
Last edited by xaricxaric on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by xaricxaric on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:44 pm
So, I opened the MIDI Monitor, and validated that it is receiving the notes on the proper channel.

1 MIDI Monitor.PNG

However, setting the piano to channel 1 still plays all notes. Setting it to channel 2 plays no notes.

2 Track.PNG
2 Track.PNG (3.67 KiB) Viewed 3048 times

Actually, I think I found the problem. I believe it is how Studio One and Pianoteq are talking to each other. The standalone Pianoteq application shows the notes coming through on channel 1 and 2. However, when I add it to Studio One, it appears notes are only coming across on channel 1. Something is forcing all MIDI notes to channel 1 ... (?)

3 Pianoteq.PNG
by niles on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:00 am
Studio One does not support channel per note nor is it able to filter notes per channel. So indeed all notes are transferred to the Instrument track's channel, regardless from which channel they are received.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by xaricxaric on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 am
THANK YOU for the reply. Time to buy a MIDI controller...

4 posts
Page 1 of 1