6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a 24 channel interface (iZ ADA) and using it with an SSL Matrix. The first 16 channels are connected to the SSL and I can insert analog gear via the SSL.

I use channels 23/24 as a print track. Channel 23/24 out are routed to the S1 MAIN channel. Everything is working as it should during playback.

The problem is when I try to get an Instrument to Bounce to a new track. I've only had S1 for a couple days, but last night I was able to get this to work. Today, I tried everything and I can't get the Instrument to bounce to a new track.

Anyone have a clue as to why this isn't working? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Studio One (latest version)
macOS (latest version) Mac Pro 3.0GHz (can)-64GB Ram (8 Core)
iMac 4.0 GHz, 5K, (Late 2015)-48GB Ram (4 Core)
SSL Matrix 2 - iZ ADA II, RME HDSPe MADI FX
by Dean on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm
Anyone? PreSonus??

by Steve Carter on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Hi Dean...
Not sure if you've had no response because of the terminology you're using or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree - but....

Are you trying to 'transform' an 'instrument' track i.e. midi track with VSTi (or other software instrument) or an external hardware instrument?

In S1 to get a midi track to an audio track you're best to use the 'transform' function so that you can revetse the process at a later date if you want to make changes etc.

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick....
Regards

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Dean on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:45 pm
Hi Steve,

A few days ago after installing S1, and setting it up properly, everything worked. I clicked on 4 different "Instrument tracks" and the "Bounce to New Track" worked on all of them, even though their outputs were not set to MAIN. I can't get this to work anymore. I have used the Transform to Audio and Transform to Instrument and those work well, but why can't I get Bounce to New Track to work?

Thanks!

by Dean on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 pm
BTNT isn't working unless the output is set to MAIN, which is ridiculous for anyone using a multi-output system.
Last edited by Dean on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Dean on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:42 pm
So what's the difference between Bounce Selection and Bounce to New Track? When I highlight an instrument track and try both features, they both create an new audio track right below the instrument track. This is normal?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1