13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just purchased Studio One 3 Professional and an Eleven Rack. I can't get a clear answer on this but can you use the Eleven Rack as an Audio Interface? I don't have an existing interface so I was just wondering if I could just use the Eleven Rack to record guitar and vocals. If I can, can I use the effects/amp modeling on the Eleven Rack? Thanks!
by cristofe on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 am
Yes! Unlike some other AVID interfaces the Eleven does work outside of Pro Tools. Unfortunately, the Eleven GUI only runs in Pro Tools and only in versions under PT11. But yes you can use it as an audio interface and fx processor in Studio One. You may find these articles to be helpful:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/using-avids-eleven-rack-with-asio-compatible-programs

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210043803-Studio-One-How-do-I-enable-my-interface-s-audio-driver-in-Studio-One-

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by dgkenney on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 am
cristofe wrote Unfortunately, the Eleven GUI only runs in Pro Tools and only in versions under PT11. But yes you can use it as an audio interface and fx processor in Studio One.

If we are talking about using the Eleven Rack gui as a "VST" type app, then cristofe is correct - this only works in PT

There is, however, a stand alone editor app which allows you to change/save/recall all the parameters. You can find it here: http://connect.avid.com/eleven-rack-editor.html

"Don't think about making music, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more music.” - stolen and paraphrased from Andy Warhol.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by achimschnherr on Fri May 12, 2017 8:27 am
dgkenney wrote
cristofe wrote...There is, however, a stand alone editor app which allows you to change/save/recall all the parameters. You can find it here: http://connect.avid.com/eleven-rack-editor.html

Oh great! This answer is what I´m searching for :-D

I would like to buy the Eleven Rack (new model with latest firmware and Expansion Pack) and have read that one can use the 11R and its complete features only to 100% in connection with ProTools, such as:
- the re-amping
- the expansion pack
- as an audio interface
- the editor software (standalone)

But if this all works, I would be very happy.
May you can give me a feedback, if it works with S1 Pro on a PC.

King Regards
Achim

Every day is a good day for Rock´n Roll
by roblof on Fri May 12, 2017 9:26 am
I was recently told that the guys/company who actually built the eleven rack they are in the works of building a similar product.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by achimschnherr on Fri May 12, 2017 9:39 am
Nice to hear. But unfortunately you do not know when it will released or whether it is built at all, and I think you can´t get the new unit for 499.-EUR :cry:

by abzic on Fri May 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Hello
I use the 11r as my audio interface with Studio One Pro 3 on Win 10. It works perfect. I would say its weakest point is the microphone preamp. I have an ISA Two preamp that I connect to the 11r line inputs, but you can get the job done with the 11r alone.
Hope this helps.

Windows 10, Studio One 5 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre USB.
by achimschnherr on Wed May 17, 2017 3:34 am
Hello
so here is a quick update:

My 11R arrived yesterday :D and everything works perfect :thumbup:
- 11R comes with the newest firmware 2.0.1 and the expansion pack
- no problems installing the drivers and the editor software (PC WIN 7 Intel)
- I can use the 11R as an interface (alternative to my Focusrite 18i8, but only either or!)
- I can run S1 Pro and the standalone editor software at the same time (but not as a VST PlugIn! Works only with ProTools)

But, I must first start S1 and than the 11R editor software(ES)! If I first start the 11R ES, the 11R is looked as the system interface and is also the S1 interface at startup. I can´t change to my Focusrite, because you can only use one interface at the same time. But no problem, start S1 first, the Focusrite is my interface, than start the 11R ES and every thing works perfect. I have connect the 11R with the two XLR-outputs to my Focusrite in two XLR-inputs. In S1 you can create a stereo input 1/2 or two mono inputs 1+2, as you like and than - Rock´n´Roll :twisted:

I hope it helps :-)

Achim

by Amoritive on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:23 pm
I'm looking for some help concerning my setup.

I've got:

latest Studio One 3.5 installed.
Eleven Rack as an audio interface (with Eleven Rack Expansion Pack)
Macbook Pro 13 retina ( mac osx 10.12.5.)

I am able to record through the mic-preamp (as "min in" ) and also through the hi-z input (as "guitar in").

I've got the output "mirroring analog" so I can record the guitar in wet with effects.

Is it possible, with this setup, record both the wet and dry signal simultaniously, so that I could re-amp the dry signal if needed.

I can't seem to find info to guide me there.
by michaelwalter on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 am
Outside of Protools, i dont believe theres a "software" based way to set up the Re-Amp concept.
BUT... what I did, is set up a 1/4" Y cable on my guitar. One line goes to the Eleven Rack for "processed" stuff-recorded on track 1, and the Second line, the "clean" signal, gets recorded on track 2, for re-amping purposes later on.

PreSonus Studio One 6.1.1 Pro-64 Bit
Lenovo ThinkServer TS140, Win 10 64Bit, 28GB RAM, (4) SansDisk 480 SSD
Quad Core-3.20 Gigahertz Intel Xeon E3-1225, (1) SandDisk 240 SSD
Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller, Firewire & Ethernet connection
RM32AI, RML16AI, FaderPort, Melodyne Celemony, JBridge, too many VSTs to list
SW5E AVB, iPad 4 x2, Netgear NightHawk AC1900 Router, Avid ElevenRack, ADAT Edit
Coleman LS3 Line Switcher, Goldpoint SA1X Stepped Volume Attenuator, pre Monitor switch
ATC SCM25A PROs 3-Way, Alesis Monitor Ones 2-Way, Avantone MixCubes 1-Way, ISO-PUCK 76's
by briangibbs on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 am
not really sure if you ever found an answer for your question about dry and wet tracks at the same time in studio one.

here is what seemed like common sense to me and it worked perfectly:

(running windows ME on a dell inspiron) (im kidding its a very fast pc with windows 10 but lets move on)

it doesn't seem to matter which order i open the software in, studio one uses my scarlett 18i20 by default and windows chooses the avid but im only concerned with what studio one does. but for the sake of getting throiugh this:
open studio one, start your session, then open eleven rack and make sure it is using your other interface's asio driver in the eleven rack preferences as well.

then in studio one click Studio One, then click Options, then click Audio Setup, then Song Setup, then Audio I/O Setup. i am going to assume that you have nothing already there, which you probably do, but bear with me because this could get very confusing if you are someone who's never done this before.

create one mono and one stereo input. the mono input is for the hi-z input on your original interface. label it or don't i don't care. the stereo input is for the eleven rack input. then click output. leave Main alone, but add a stereo output for channels 3 and 4. label it or dont

connect your guitar to the hi-z input of your original interface, connect two trs cables from outputs 3/4 on that same interface to the LINE INPUT on the back of the eleven rack. then, using xlr cables, connect the MAIN OUTPUT from the eleven rack into the channels you assigned that stereo input to on the original interface. depending on your interface you may have to route this in the software that came with it but what you have done is created an effects loop.

so now open your daw, create two tracks, the first track is the hi z mono input, the second track is the stereo image coming from the eleven rack, when you play now you should hear both signals provided that you routed everything correctly. in studio one, in the mix window, i assigned the output for the hi z track to be the second output i had created, that way i wouldnt hear both signals in case there was any latency, which there wasn't. it records both flawlessly.

"it only works in pro tools"
by vincentlloyd on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:27 pm
So how would you use 11r with the Presonus Audiobox USB? Is it possible? First, I must admit that I am just starting to learn the ins and outs of home recording hardware set up. I like to play and record, but am a bit of a noob when it comes to the technical aspects.

I'm running Windows 10, Studio One 3 Artist and, again, the interface I've been using is the Presonus Audiobox USB https://www.presonus.com/products/audiobox-usb . It came with the DAW.

I just got the 11r. I see how others are talking about connecting the 11r via XLR outs to the interface, but the Audiobox USB doesn't have inputs for that. Right now, I have a cable running from the "Output to AMP" out on the front of the 11r into the front of the Audiobox, and I am getting a strong recording level, but can barely hear the guitar coming through my headphones. I've tried messing with the Audiobox's knobs (Mixer, Phones, Main), but nothing helps. The instrument/mic input knobs are set just under the clipping level.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Do I absolutely need to get a new interface (that has XLR ins) to run the 11r through? Don't really have the money to spend right now, so I'd like to make it work as-is for now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:53 pm
I use the analog outs of the eleven for my wet via inputs on my interface, then I use S/Pdif for a mono feed of the dry signal that I can use with amps sim and fx etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

13 posts
Page 1 of 1