18 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I right-click an audio track and select Edit with Melodyne, the following appears:
melodyne-greyedout.jpg

I'm expecting to see the audio signal spread over notes against a piano roll. How do I get the piano roll to appear?

Studio One 5.1 on Windows 10 x64 (i7 processor, 16gb RAM)
FP10 FireWire
Kurzweil SP76 digital piano / MIDI controller
Akai MPD24 pad control
by Janko Kezar on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm
It seems you have rhytmic algorithm chosen, Switch it to melodic or polyphoni in melodynes menu.

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by Adria S. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm
Those options appear to be grayed out too. I've tried setting the default to all three choices, but it doesn't make a difference.
melodyne-greyedout2.jpg
melodyne-greyedout2.jpg (30.95 KiB) Viewed 30165 times

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by matthewgorman on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:25 pm
Did you activate your copy through Celemony? What version of Melodyne do you have? Some basic versions only offer what you are seeing.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Adria S. on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 am
Yes, my copy is activated (celemony page opened up, and shows my activation date).

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by matthewgorman on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:21 am
It may be that your version is the basic editor, and only has certain features. Without know what you have, I would verify that, and look on the Celemony website at the features comparison.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Adria S. on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:50 am
I have the full version 4.1. I sent Celemony a support request.

As a side, does Celemony depend or act off of connected MIDI devices? If so, I have a MPD24 plugged in, no actual keyboard. I've edited vocal pitch recently (like a month ago) on the same computer/system/installation. I can't figure what I've done to break it.

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:13 pm
Hi Adria,
No Melodyne doesn't act off of a connected MIDI device.

It reads the edited audio file.
I'm wondering about 2 things.

1. Had you ever had 4.1 working at all, or is this your initial first time using 4.x?

2. Is is possible, you either deleted the audio clip by accident? It's in your audio pool? [F10]

You're correct. You should see a grid on even the basic Melodyne

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Adria S. on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm
4.1 worked four weeks ago.

The clip is present and audible in my mux

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:23 pm
I tried to see in an opposite approach if I could remove the notes, or piano roll at left. No can do.

I'm stumped but the fact that it was working a short time ago tells us you can get it back sooner than later.

The grayed out area doesn't look right. Something's oing on there I'd say.

Hopefully, the support you requested should come through.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by robertgray3 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:08 pm
I just had this issue come up immediately after switching on Dropout Protection. will test further when im not mixing

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by davidicusschacher on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:22 pm
did you figure this out? i'm having a heckuva time figuring out Melodyne. why is it so confusing?
by bunkeraudio on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:09 pm
Any solutions? I had a rough time just being able to activate Melodyne yesterday (actually don't even know how I got it but it was a back in fourth between Studio One and the Melodyne website) and after activation it was greyed out, I reset the plugins pool and worked fine after that. Today Studio One seams to be more responsive but now all of a sudden, Melodyne is not working anymore and all is greyed out like yesterday. :cry:
by timspencer4 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm
Adria S. wroteWhen I right-click an audio track and select Edit with Melodyne, the following appears:
melodyne-greyedout.jpg

I'm expecting to see the audio signal spread over notes against a piano roll. How do I get the piano roll to appear?

I am having this exact same problem. Use Melodyne Editor and algorithm options are greyed out but can change whatever the default is. It's so frustrating.
by timspencer4 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:14 pm
Adria S. wroteWhen I right-click an audio track and select Edit with Melodyne, the following appears:
melodyne-greyedout.jpg

Sorry for previous post. Have figured out the problem. You are in "Track Mode" - if you go to the options menu and select clip mode or note assignment you options will become available!

Let me know how you get on!
by michaelshondel on Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:35 pm
I just restarted Studio One and now Melodyne works fine.... go figure!
by stevemoone1 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:02 am
Melodyne Problem2.jpg

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS USING MELODYNE ESSENTIALS PLEASE?

I just changed laptops for a better one :D and now I can Not use Melodyne in my Studio One 5 Artist :(

No Orange Blobs, Just a grey vertical line
by joshuadelaughter on Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:25 am
timspencer4 wrote
melodyne-greyedout.jpg

Sorry for previous post. Have figured out the problem. You are in "Track Mode" - if you go to the options menu and select clip mode or note assignment you options will become available!

Let me know how you get on!

I'm having the same issue everyone else is describing. Tried your solution but the options to change mode from Track Mode to Clip or Note Assignment Mode are also grayed out.

18 posts
Page 1 of 1