52 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Must be the moon.

(Get it?.....Phase) yuk, yuk, yuk.

d d d d d d d d d d d d d (snare hit)...crash (cymbal).

"Get outa here"

Btw, electrically you are doing a polarity reversal, but the intent is to check the phasing, which is in every way, the correct term.

Jay, do not bark at the moon!
(Friendly northern boy joke, to his southern buddy)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jBranam on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:28 am
you ain't ALL northern Jim lol you DID live in Hotlanta a bit right?

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:04 am
I lived in Fla, for 1 year. Clearwater. Pop lived in West Palm Beach. Been thru Atlanta only a few times, and didn't live there.

I love the South though, and its people. Some of the best and most talented people I've ever met, there. And I've met them all through the south. GA., Ark, TX, Tenn., La., FLA., etc.,

I figured you'd slam me with some touche' remark, but like a southern gentleman, you have more poise and class than that (though you're welcome to hit me where it hurts. I can take it). :P

Let's just say, I'm a fan of good people, and the South has more than its share.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:13 am
i could have sworn you said you lived there a few months. my mistake. nah i can take a punch or two for the cause lol... i am STILL giggling over steve's post about the microwave. i wonder if i re-wire mine it might make ice... my ice maker on the fridge has been on the fritz for ages. :thumbup:

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by davidgood1 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 am
I'm a recent convert from Samplitude to Studio One. I do love Studio One and I think I made the right decision. The workflow is awesome and I really enjoy the program. I have always checked my tracks for phase issues by simply going through and inverting as a normal part of my mixing process. Adding a plugin to each track to accomplish this is just a PITA. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for the developers to add a simple phase button to each track. Not sure why it isn't there now.
by Lawrence on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:32 am
It would be handy so I support it. My default channel strip is all micro-views always open with Mixtools and and other stuff and (on group bus channels) phase meters always there and open by default so it's not a major deal to me personally, but I always support things other people want as long as it not something just subjectively outlandish or nutty.

That's what communities do, support each other.

We all have a personal gripe or two with the mix console. My #1 "thing" is the meters, that they don't switch pre/post fader and pre/post pan. Not a major deal but would be good.

Actually, I'll have take that back after giving it more thought. My #1 thing is actually send pans not optionally following channel pans.
by jBranam on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:38 pm
well make a post on the pans and i will definitely support that too mike... i have always found pans kinda quirky but that is a whole other subject :)

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Jemusic on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:58 am
I dont mind the meters so much but sometimes I would like them to be pre fader all the time for sure. I would prefer to know what the level is more often before the fader rather than after it. My ears are telling me what the level is after so you don't need the meters to reflect that. But in another way they are showing the amount of level that track is contributing to a mix too.

With the send pans not following the channel pans yes that is interesting but I can sort of see too why. Quite often in a mix I like to pan something say slightly to the right but have the effects panning slightly to the left. In order to create a slight wider effect overall.

What would be good here is the option to either follow or not and with the metering also before and after fader would be nice too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Lawrence on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 am
Yep. Good points.

There's one product that literally nailed their mix console, functionally speaking that is. It may not be to everyone's taste visually or workflow wise, but they didn't really miss anything functionally. It's the closest thing to a real recording console in daw software that I've ever seen.

Ardour.

Paul (the lead developer guy) apparently has a personal history with real mixers and consoles. He didn't miss or leave out anything.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:13 am
I was pretty impressed with the latest Harrison Mix bus. The full version, not the scaled down one. Very impressive channel mix layout. What I didn't see, and was only observing at a distance, is weather there is VST integration, and how it would look, and its signal path.

Harrison sells plugins, but the last thing I'm looking for is product specific plugins. I wouldn't use S1. If that were the case.

Anyway, Mixbus has included so much MIDI integration now, so you have to be I pressed that they've done their homework.

With a recent purchase I made towards the SSL bundle, it really checks all of the boxes with phase, and channel routing, gain, and numerous bypass swiching. The G and E channel strips, include some generic mixer goods, and its been great so far. So all in all, I'm very happy even if the need is to drag in a single effect for each channel. 1% drain rings in an additional thank you.

If and its rare, I need to meter on some specific effect with S1 that is switchable from pre/post fade (delay comes to mind), I'll patch a meter in the signal chain. I also love the compression indicator on S1 channels. Presonus were right in on this feature from the get go from competing mfr's, so kudos to dev's for that.

Lastly, a phase switch really comes into play when mic'ing, so since I no longer have mics, overheads, and a slew of mic inputs, it's just not an issue, but understandably, MMV.

Cheerio, and all that rubbish. :D

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:12 pm
Mixbus does use 3rd party VSTs as long as you use windows... not real sure how it works with other OS's... but i think there is a linux program that runs VSTs in a wrapper of sorts if you run it on a linux machine. linux has their own effect format and i think that is what the proprietary mixbus format is (LV2 if i am not mistaken)

only problem with running mixbus in linux is... you have to set up a 3rd party program called Jack to set up interfaces and such so mixbux can see/use them. :( i wish it did it on it's own... if it did i would put together some of my old parts and build a linux box just for mixbus to run on but i don't like the idea that you have to run two or three other programs in the background just to get the one you want to work. kinda sucks in my opinion :thumbdown:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 pm
Thx Jay.

Just for future clarity, I won't be running Linux in any decades now or later lifetime. ;)

Ah, I didn't know they provided VST integration. And on Windows. Cool.

Beautiful layout. I still have the mixer chops.

All I have right now is my old Yamaha Pro Mix 01, but it's 100% autoamted with memory, 100 user snaphshots, and motorized faders. That lil' mixer is amazing. Two SPX-900 effects processors built in as well. 4 Aux Sends, 16 Balanced In's, and SMPTE.

I had an 02R from years ago. Beautiful design. Also a TAC Scorpian (Punch was amazing as it was an AMEK), A Studiomaster 16-8-2 (my first). Oh yeah, a Mackie 18-4-2, and a RAMSA 16-8-2.

Plus the band had their own sound system, and I worked at large clubs here in NYC as a soundman. I think I'll always love mixing, but now as a hobbyist. Not in any clubs. That could be a grind.

It had it's bennies.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:54 pm
you are most welcome Jim... funny thing is i bought it ages ago to run in linux until i found out all the crap you had to set up just to GET IT TO RUN in linux :(

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Bbd on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm
Hey Jim (Lokefly),
Jay called you by name so I hope you don't mind. My name's Jim too FWIW!
Interesting to know some of your background. Live sound in NYC. So different from mine but I am sure we have lot's in common. Same with many on this forum.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 pm
My pleasure Jim.

Just real brief on the Mixbus topic

Some Mixbus images. What a nice design, and as I mentioned, they've matured in the MIDI area.

Please note, I really like S1, in so many ways, from it's Melodyne integration, to it's lean design. I don't wish to rub they're nose in another DAW's design, but I believe Presonus could take a few design and styling cues in the mixer department. Plus, let's get some snapshot capability, and stop dinky DAW'ing in the mixer design, improve quantize capability, and keep some level of GUI sophistication.

Nice mixer, track and event layout from Mixbus 2. Similar to the Imperial design in Reaper. Looks way more sophisticated than Reaper's mixer though.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:24 pm
well i got your name off your song and i will still call you James if you don't mind lol... that keeps you and Jim separated so i don't get cornfuzed lol cheers :thumbup:

p.s. that bottom pick is the mixer for the 32C version of Mixbus 4 and it is a tad more expensive i think than the reg mixbus (and you know they will toss this into the dungeon with mixbus promotin' content lol :)

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 am
James preferred, Jim just fine without a 2nd thought.

Just don't call me late for dinner. ;)

The Mixbus look is very nice, and worthy of compliments, but my money, and my time go to the product that works, so I think it's fitting to say that about S1.

Note, while the Mixbus channels look great, there's little to no room for track names, and group names.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Bbd on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:37 am
As good as it looks (maybe a tad too crammed for normal size monitors), I can't get into export all my stems, bringing them into MB and then find I need to change some track. If you are mixing someone else's work, that would be different but I just need to have direct access to the song while I mix. It is something that works so well in S1 between song and project.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Lawrence on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:54 am
Mixbus, the dsp on the channels and the dedicated mix busses, is pretty cool. It's a unique idea and the theory behind it is supported in it's use when mixing, imo, mmv.

What I mean by the above is despite the regularly tendency of the beat making crowd to try fit every daw into a little universal box, MixBus is not in that box. It's strenght is not using a bunch of plugins, but using it's channel strips. When of if you do that mixing in it, things speed up considerably and a lot distractions fall away.

At any rate, what I talked about before is Ardour, not MixBus. MixBus benefits from it because it literally is Ardour underneath, but all of that other architectural stuff comes from Ardour. The dedicated monitor busses, the dedicated solo busses, the highly flexible pre-post channel staging, the comprehensive metering, the list goes on and on and on, the chanel faders even flip to aux sends. Architecturally speaking, it's a really well thought out design. Harrison didn't do any of that, that stuff comes from Ardour.

But - of course - people doing EDM at home or whatever don't need what working studios need so a lot of it is 100% irrelevant to them, they want a "chord track" or something and most of them don't know what AFL/PFL is, let alone would be asking for it in feature request. That's the main market now.

That's not a knock, it's just reality. Most consumers of these products aren't doing that so people that really need it have to look to more boutique or less popular products for it.
by klypeman on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:38 am
While this is about Ø, I would chime in on the Mixbus 4. I downloaded it to install and check out version 4 and got an runtime error so it's only the version 3 that works on my system..Bummer.
(Downloaded it 3 times twice with IE11 and 1 with Chrome) Posted an email and got the reply if I wanted a refund.
This is what I got:
I'm very sorry that you are having this trouble!

Mixbus does not use the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library, so it is not possible for us to directly fix this problem.

When Mixbus initially launches, it scans your system for available soundcards. It is possible that one of your soundcard drivers is using msvc++, and when we scan it, it somehow causes a crash. The message comes from inside the MSVC code, not from within Mixbus itself.

Unfortunately my only solution for this problem is to initiate a refund of your purchase.

Do you have another computer that you can use Mixbus on?

I use a Firestudio Project.
anyone who know how to get around this ??
I guess I have to settle with version 3 as I want to use it with my Windows PC. And the Ø...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

52 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3