10 posts
Page 1 of 1
hi i have an arpeggiator pattern running that i like generally on a bass midi track....all good :lol: so far...now i want to have an automation track that turns the arpeggiator on and off as required to give an even more flexible pattern......how to do that please???
cheers
jb

windows 10 64 bit i7 32 gig RAM
ssd samsung c drive
raid 2 data drive 4 TB
presonus studiolive 16
studio one 4
notion
by matthewgorman on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:07 am
I can't say for sure that Note FX can be bypassed? Don't use them too often.

However, to automate the bypass of a plug, you can just rt click the bypass button (directly to the rt of the power button), and select "Edit Bypass Automation". That will open a lane that you can edit.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by johnbliss on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:02 pm
thnx matt
problem is there is no bypass button on notefx ???? weird

ssd samsung c drive
raid 2 data drive 4 TB
presonus studiolive 16
studio one 4
notion
by Jemusic on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:28 pm
There is a bypass button on both Note FX and the actual note FX that you have chose too. (e.g. Arpeggiator etc) And when you switch into Automation mode and then decide which parameters are going to be able to be automated, many parameters for the note FX actually shows up except unlike audio tracks the overall Bypass is not one of them.

You can certainly do it on audio tracks with plugins but not so with Instrument tracks and Note FX it seems. That might be handy feature request.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by johnbliss on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm
i honestly would have thought it was a necessary creative tool.....

ssd samsung c drive
raid 2 data drive 4 TB
presonus studiolive 16
studio one 4
notion
by mischermann on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:39 pm
Hi,

I tried this today and bypassing the arpeggiator ist not possible. I found a workaround though: I copied the midi-information of the part I wanted the arpeggiator working onto a new track linked to the same instrument and put the Fx arpeggiator on that track. That worked for me although I absolutely agree that this should be automatable...

Mischermann
by gregghart on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 am
I had to create a separate track with the same instrument and then just move the section I wanted arpegiated into the NoteFX track.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by Lawrence on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 pm
There is no bypass button on NoteFX. Nothing there to automate.
by bstin on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 pm
I had previously created a request for this feature on answers.presonus.com, but sadly no one saw it to vote for it.

Please vote here if you want this feature:

https://answers.presonus.com/36456/automate-notefx-enable-disable?show=36456#q36456
by cj.watsonjordan on Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:55 pm
Hey, late reply but i came across this post when having a similar problem and just wanted to add how I "fixed" it. It has different play modes and one of them being chords. I just automated the play made to switch between up to chords when I wanted the arp to stop.

It at least did what I wanted to achieve anyway. However a simple bypass would be nice.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1