8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

New to Presonus and this forum.
Bumped upon a mouse problem which I hope can be easily solved.

In the track area of Studio One Professional (3.3.4) a right mouse-click shows the related menu, but I'm not able to choose any of the menu-options.
Hovering the menu-icons (also in the track area) the functions of these icons are also not displayed.
I do not encounter these problems with Presonus Notion 6, Logic Pro, Cubase Elements 8 or any other software.

Any Mac Pro users out there with a similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Franklin

Windows 10 Pro (version 1809), Cubase Artist 9.5.4.1, Studio One 4.1.1, Finale 25, Kontakt 5 & 6.
Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Asus Prime Z370-A on board VGA, Dell P2415Q (4K).
Steinberg UR242 AI, Kawai MP7 Stage Piano/Midi Controller, KRK Rokit monitors & Sub.
by Franklinspired on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 pm
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Could not find the option to edit my subject.

Windows 10 Pro (version 1809), Cubase Artist 9.5.4.1, Studio One 4.1.1, Finale 25, Kontakt 5 & 6.
Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Asus Prime Z370-A on board VGA, Dell P2415Q (4K).
Steinberg UR242 AI, Kawai MP7 Stage Piano/Midi Controller, KRK Rokit monitors & Sub.
by germaincormier on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 am
Hi franklinkarg,
Just curious, what was the fix to your issue?
by Franklinspired on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 am
Hi germaincormier,

It was/is more of a cursor than a mouse-problem to be honest.
The problem occurs randomly and I have no idea what's causing it.
Presonus support could also not tell what the cause is.
Sometimes it works flawlessly and sometimes not at all.

When hovering over an icon above the track area, normally a small window with the function of that icon appears, as is common in many more screens or areas in Studio One 3. This is not always the case. If I right-click in a space where a drop-down menu appears, I sometimes cannot choose any of the menu options. I have tried earlier versions of Studio One 3 and also installed OSX El Capitan and earlier versions of OSX Sierra, but none resolved the problem I mentioned earlier.

Planning on creating a new support ticket, because in the end, this is not a workable situation for me and if the problem persists, I may have to look for another DAW.. :(

Hope this answers your question.

by germaincormier on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:09 am
Thanks Franklinkarg!
by pinkaudiobunny on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:57 pm
Hi,
to ressurect this thread (and breathe some life into this ultra lame forum (no offense)
I have had this issue and was able to narrow it down to an app called "AcessMenuBarApps" I installed earlier on my mac.
When this app was active it somehow messed up the mouse hoovering feedback. Maybe in other cases, other apps that dabble around with the mouse curser could interfere.
So I recommend checking the extensions living in you menu bar first.
Hope this helps
by cristofe on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 pm
(and breathe some life into this ultra lame forum (no offense)

Offense taken. In your first post you sling insults and then admit that the problem
you were having was caused by YOURSELF AND APPLE. Much like MANY of the
problems reported by MAC users on this "ultra lame forum". If you find your
self needing our help down the road, I suggest you act like an adult and behave politely.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

If you have not already done so please READ THE MANUAL!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by pinkaudiobunny on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:00 pm
oh well I just wanted to be helpful by reporting that some other app could clash with studio one and give people a hint where to start, regardless of system specs. I didn´t open this thread btw.
I thought that finding an answer here is harder than on other daws forums.
Maybe "ultra lame" was a bit over the top though
I didn´t mean to hurt your feelings
sorry

8 posts
Page 1 of 1