24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
riniehuigen wroteSee the info for lame here. FAQ 1. Old info but mp3 is an old format. 🤗
http://lame.sourceforge.net/tech-FAQ.txt

Thank you riniehuigen for the link. Very appreciated such technical data.

Unfortunately, this still doesn't explain why free software (foobar2000) can overcome those syncing limitations and paid add-on in professional audio software cannot. Even though both use LAME.
One would expect the paid software for professional audio work would be at least the same, if not better, than some free audioplayer for home use. :-(

Tacman7 wroteI just zoomed in as much as possible and cut where the sound starts then move the remainder over to the start.

This is difficult for non rhythmic material, e.g. vocal tracks.

Tacman7 wroteNow days the collaboration sites just use wav's a lot of the time because bandwidth isn't a problem I guess.

This is mostly true, but sometimes my colaborants are in detached areas where is no connectivity and mobile data are expensive.

The main problem is that everyone around me uses mp3 (in the phases before final recording) and it's very difficult to convince everyone about mp3 negatives when it works for all of them. So it is strange you had issues with mp3 in Cubase when nobody who I know has (meaning is Cubase-to-Cubase import/export).

[HP G4 Z2 workstation] - Win 10 Pro, i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, 2x 500GB SSD + 2TB "classic", NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5GB, 2x 1920*1200px Eizo monitors;
Studio One Pro from v.1.6 (now 4.6.2), Melodyne Editor 4.2.4;
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB, FaderPort 2018.
by Tacman7 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:05 pm
Mirek Mach wroteThis is difficult for non rhythmic material, e.g. vocal tracks.

True, if they don't make sound, hard to know when it starts.

Course all collabs are supposed to start with clicks or counts.

But in the absence of that...

I think the space would be the same for whatever the content. Format related not content.

So I would try cutting the same amount from all the mp3's and see how it goes.

Something like snap set to event so it would cut the same amount on all the tracks.

It's such a small amount of time you're removing, I remember you'd have to go out 20 bars or so to hear the effects clearly if you didn't trim it. (as I remember)
Not sure why that was because if it's just offset that amount it would be the same but I remember things getting worse over time, like trying to put machine drums to an mp3 without trimming.
If you're discerning sync problems right away(listening) I would think something else is going on.

I'll have to try exporting and importing the same material and look at it again.

Interesting discussion from 11 years ago
https://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?50052

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Tacman7 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:16 pm
Ok I exported as mp3 then imported it back, looks like it has about 25ms offset.

The difference is a little more than .02 seconds.

-25ms took the width out of it and made it sound mono.

You might try using -25 in the delay parameter of an mp3 import track.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by tpittman on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:44 pm
Tacman7 wroteIt's nothing to do with S1.

Mp3 files have a little space in front of them.

Trim them when you import them then they will be in time.

Always had to do that in Cubase.

Presonus is still the people putting the product in their product. If what Mach is saying is true (no reason not to believe him) then IMO Presonus should fix this. Surly something like this can't be that big a fix. I realizie they likely won't unless a Request is made and enought people vote for it.

Studio One Pro 6.5.2 Mac mini Monterey OS Midas 32 Board / Interface

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2