6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've used Melodyne to tempo map a stereo file before and drag the results to the timeline so I can add loops etc. but I can't seem to get it to work with the latest versions of S1 and Melodyne. I take my audio, strip to the first beat and align against bar 2 as the tutorials suggest but, when I edit in Melodyne it doesn't seem to detect a tempo difference and flash the button next to tempo as before and doesn't open the Melodyne tempo display when pressed. I can select assign file tempo but can't seem to get it to detect for itself. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Mac Pro (mid 2010)
Processor 2.93 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon
Memory 16 Gig 1333 Mhz DDR3 MCC
Software Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Studio One V3
by Bbd on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm
What version of Melodyne are you using?

Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud3sMxfAW6c

and more detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OADVEYXRq28

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jimmcobb on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:46 pm
Thanks for the response! I'm using Melodyne 4.1 and the latest version of S1. I've followed all the videos on Youtube I can find (including those above).

Here's what happens for me following the easy tutorial above. I drag a pop song (wav) into S1. I edit in Melodyne and it does a polyphonic analyze of the song. When finished the button next to the tempo value is flashing (as in the tutorial) but, when I click the button, instead of showing the tempo map of the song I get a selection list of ...

Confirm 57 BPM - 90 BPM as File Tempo
Assign File Tempo
Apply Project Tempo
Apply Constant Tempo

Hitting the first selection doesn't appear to do anything. The second option does open the tempo section in Melodyne but it doesn't seem to detect tempo, I guess it's to let you set tempo which is not what I want. As I said before this did work for me in previous versions.

Mac Pro (mid 2010)
Studio One V3
by jpettit on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm
Yes 4.1 changed the menu to what you have listed.
The one you want to check the map is the first one.
It should give a map area at the top you may have to pull it down.
From there it is identical process as in the beginning level class on my YouTube page.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jimmcobb on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 am
Selecting the first option did map the track and I was able to pull up to the S1 timeline. I never was able to find the map area in Melodyne or pull it down etc so wasn't able to make adjustments. I guess I'm still missing something. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Mac Pro (mid 2010)
Studio One V3
by jpettit on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:29 am
It is only available on Editor and Studio versions.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

6 posts
Page 1 of 1