1 post
Page 1 of 1
I'm hoping to find someone on here that can provide some assistance in diagnosing a playback problem that I am having.

I have used Presonus Studio One 3 Professional for just over a year now, and up until the last couple of weeks I have had NO issues with what is occurring. But, there has been something to develope that is effecting my file playback.

My studio setup is Presonus Studio One 3 Professional as the DAW, and we use a Presonus Studio Live 24x4x2 mixer as the audio interface (connecting via firewire to the PC). I track using a sample rate of 48kHz/24bit, and mix down in Studio One to master in the Project section of the software. In the past this has worked flawless, but I have a song file that is giving me fits. Whenever I transfer the mix from the song file to a project by "Add Song to Project", it transfers what appears to be fine. (NOTE: When I setup my project I select 44.1kHz/16bit for mastering for CD). I've done this for the whole entire past year with no problem. BUT, now the file playback is fast in the Project file...I can change the sample rate in the Project to match the song sample rate and it plays correctly.

Now, here is the kicker. With the settings matching for both the Project and the Song at 48kHz/24bit, I go to Burn a cd or to create a Digital Media file....I choose the output as WAV 44.1kHz/16bit. The CD (or the digital media file either) burns...then when you play it in a cd player, the playback is fast and transposed, just like when the sample rate is mismatched in the Project vs Song file settings.

I have tried contacting support at Presonus on this (which by the way they really need to consider a telephone line so someone can actually talk to them about a situation), but have not had any success on getting a definitive suggestion.

Also, I have tried transferring the files to another system on which I usually do all of my mixing on. It is running Studio One 3 Professional as well, with a Presonus Audiobox iTwo as a audio interface. And again, in the past, I have transferred all of my files from the tracking studio to my mixing studio at home and never had an issue. HOWEVER, when I load this particular song file into the system in my at-home mix studio, the playback is fast and transposed - AND THIS IS IN THE MULTI-TRACK SONG file (not rendered in the project setting).

This issue has me at wits end!!!!!

1 post
Page 1 of 1