4 posts
Page 1 of 1
It is about using Studio One with amp simulation for live guitar.

I contacted support with my question and James from support was so nice to direct me to you knowledgabe folks of the forum.

I need to activate my tracks with a midi controller foot pedal. With "activate" I mean so you can hear the sound this track is producing, and ONLY that sound. Turning on one track should turn off the track from before. Usually you do this manually by turning off monitoring in the current track and turning monitoring on in the track you want to switch to. I need to do this with a midi controller instead of a mouse and all with ONE button push, I guess.

How can I do this in studio one? Or maybe are there other setups that also achieve this goal? Only the result matters, not the method.

I want to use this for my guitar, switching between different sounds with my foot midi board. Recreating in my DAW what you would for example do with an fx processor in front of a real amp. Only this time the "real amp" is substituted by my amp plugin and the pedals are substituted by other vst plugins in that track and the midi board chooses which fx chain = track to use.

Thank you for your help,
Sebastian
by sebastianbracht on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:34 am
Does really no one have an idea?
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:16 pm
There probably are, but I think the thread title isn't all that clear. Maybe consider editing the title.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by codamedia on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:23 pm
To answer your first question, Input monitor follows track selection is the answer.

Open Studio one, then drill down through the menu....
Studio One > Options > Advanced Tab > Console Tab >

Check both "Audio Input follows Selection" and "Audio Track Monitoring Follows Record"

Now when you select a different track, it engages the record button and track monitor automatically. I don't know how to get the monitor to work without engaging the record, but that should not matter if you are just using S1 as a sound source.

As for the midi controller, that will require some experimenting. I think it would be easier to scroll through channels with "patch up/down" working as a "track up/down", but selecting a specific channel (track) could be more difficult. Essentially, you need to think in terms of a multi track controller. When you select a track it goes to that track. How do you assign that to a midi foot controller? Sorry, I'm not sure - and don't have anything that I can test with.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort

4 posts
Page 1 of 1