6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
With V2 I used to be able to drag and drop it into the arrange window but this does not appear to work any more. I also cannot drag & drop audio files any more, but the 'Import File' option works for audio. Not for MIDI though.

Any suggestions?

I am also now working with S1 v3 on WIndows 10.

Rgds, Mick.
by jpettit on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 am
Import MIDI works the same V2.

Not sure you details yet but the issue you might be running into is he length of the MIDI file.
As with V2 a short less complicated song will drag in fine. A longer more complex song will prompt to start a new song. This has been brought up for years as an area for improvement.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by MickH on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 am
Thanks for the response.
When I attempt to drag either a MIDI or audio file into the arrange window I get the 'Invalid file' mouse icon.
I can use the menu option to import audio but not MIDI.

I'm a bit stuck as I have just received a MIDI part of a piano overdub that I need to get into an existing song.
This all worked as expected in V2.
by jpettit on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:19 am
Sounds like a permission issue. (Have you tried running S1 as admin privileges?)
What are you specs? Please see my signature for a link to add to your signature.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by MickH on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 am
I am running S1 with admin privileges as I had to enable that option to use jbridge.
I've managed to find a work around: I am able to drag the files in from the built in 'Files' browser (RHS) of S1 screen.
It's a pain though as I normally leave that window set to my own plug in presets. Still, at least I'm not held up now.

Rgds, Mick.
by garyshepherd on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 am
I could only get it to work by copying the MIDI files to the Studio One folder and accessing from the Files tab. However it does work quite well - if you export MIDI files from another DAW you can do several at a time and you then they show separately as MIDI tracks under that main MIDI file. I only had trouble when the files were not exported properly (when exporting you have to Play enable the tracks you want to export - obvious I guess!).

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1