5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I need to ad a midi file to an existing project,
is there any way to do it without copy paste ofer 2 projects?

Thank you and all the best,
Andre
by Tacman7 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:30 am
Drag it in from the browser.

If it's a full midi file from the internet you might want to open it separately and drag an drop the parts you want to your media folder then open you song and drag them in there.

You use the alt key to switch from musicloops to .mid. when you drop it into a folder.

I don't know what musicloop is exactly, have to read up on that.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5.1 64bit Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2
by AndreD on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:58 pm
Hi and thank you for your answer! :-)

When I try to drag drop a MIDI file into an existing project, Studio ONE starts a new project..
by Steve Carter on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:55 pm
This has been an ongoing problem for quite a few years and I don't know if there is a definitive answer.
Sometimes midi files can be dragged directly into the open song and sometimes this action opens a new song! It's a p i t a but I've found that you can copy midi tracks from the newly created song file and paste them into your original song file without any problem.
Ironically, just earlier this evening, I actually wanted S1 to create a new song file because I wanted S1 to suggest Presence voicing presets and wouldn't you know it, S1 did what you would expect and allowed the midi tracks to load directly into the open song without creating a new song - you just can't win!!!
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One Pro, Melodyne Editor 4, Vocalign Project, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope N2-O8 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Tacman7 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:28 pm
It seems like if you have a full midi file with a bunch of tracks it would open a new song. Where if I save the midi from a single track, that I can pull into another song and it will go on the track.

at least so far...

I've been moving midi parts between songs some and it's worked ok the few times I've did it.

Musicloops are saving the midi and all the instrument/fx settings along with it. I don't think I need that but could be good to save a really hard to find sound or something.

I don't like that it's the default setting though.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5.1 64bit Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2

5 posts
Page 1 of 1