16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is it with the cost to upgrade studio one artist?

Studio One Pro version 5.5.1
Win11 (i9 12900K)
64gb DDR4 RAM
M.2 Hard Drive
GeForce 3800
RME UFX+ (USB3.0)
Ferrofish Pulse 16 (ADAT)
Ferrofish Pulse16MX x2 (MADI)
Midas M32 (MADI)
by mrpicholas on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:45 pm
YES

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by stephenmckeever on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:27 am
Hi. I got S1 Artist with my 44VSL interface about three or four weeks ago. After an hour I fell in love and upgraded to the PRo version. If you already have a paid DAW such as Reaper, which I did, you can get a CROSSGRADE which was cheaper than the upgrade from Artist to Pro.

The Pro version rocks! It does what it should and comes with just about wverything you could ask for, including a full version of melodyne (which you can also upgrade if you want to work on multiple notes at the same time).

If you can affird it, go for it! :D

Studio One Pro 3
Faderport 1 & 8
UAD Apollo Twin Solo
UAD OCTO Satellite
Focusrite Scarlett Octopre
dbx 166XL

5K retina iMac 2015 High Sierra
32 gig RAM
i5 3.3 GHz processor
1 TB SATA HD
4 TB EXT HD

M-Audio Oxygen 61
various Rode, Audio-Technica & Shure mics
Some guitars
and a lot more to learn!
by codamedia on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:42 am
If you need the added features - YES
If you want the added features - YES

Oddly enough - I am quite happy in Artist and haven't had the need/desire to upgrade. I do a lot of guitar tracking for others so my needs are not that high. If I were recording full projects, mixing and/or mastering I would certainly be upgrading.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by shanabit on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:44 am
Big fat YES!!

I use the Project page to do all my Mastering and CD prep with now. That alone is worth the upgrade to me. Im a Cubase guy here and I find myself using this app more and more

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by davguitar on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 pm
stephenmckeever wroteHi. I got S1 Artist with my 44VSL interface about three or four weeks ago. After an hour I fell in love and upgraded to the PRo version. If you already have a paid DAW such as Reaper, which I did, you can get a CROSSGRADE which was cheaper than the upgrade from Artist to Pro.

The Pro version rocks! It does what it should and comes with just about wverything you could ask for, including a full version of melodyne (which you can also upgrade if you want to work on multiple notes at the same time).

If you can affird it, go for it! :D

I hope this does not upset you but these are the types of posts I read which influenced me to upgrade to Professional from Producer. I thought Melodyne Essentials came with Professional but an even more stripped down version called Singletrack comes with Professional. I just went thought this and told my sales rep at Sweetwater how I felt that Melodyne and Presonus misrepresent this.

I tried to attach a page from the Essentials user manual which I got directly from Melodyne's web site today, but my screen capture image file is too large. The version of Melodyne I got was, as I said, Singletrack and more clunky to work with, IMO. I've got a bad case of buyer's remorse but I'm a buyer based on the information provided to me. I did my homework, or so I thought.
by mwright137 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:56 pm
From the Studio One Professional section of http://www.presonus.com/products/studio ... e-versions :

Be the master manipulator of pitch, thanks to the included Melodyne Essential (licensed, not a demo).

Also from http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio ... ntegration :

We wanted to include pitch-correction in Studio One®—but not just any pitch correction. We wanted the best. Celemony’s Melodyne software is widely recognized as the leader in pitch tuning and transposition software. It’s amazing software.

So we partnered with Celemony to integrate Melodyne into Studio One 2. A fully licensed copy of Melodyne Essential comes with Studio One Professional; Studio One Artist and Producer come with a trial version.

Not sure how much more clear they could be that you get Melodyne Essential. You then need to go to the Melodyne website to see what the Essential version includes. Here is a good place to start: http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/functions

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by stratoholic on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:07 pm
Although the native Presonus plugs are very fine, over the years I had purchased a batch of VSTi/e that I couldn't live without so I was thrilled to get the upgrade to Producer on sale for $99.00!!

Presonus Eris E5 near-field monitors, Steinberg UR22 audio interface, Nektar Impact LX-61 keyboard controller, Dell XPS8700 i7, 8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, Presonus Studio One Producer 2.6.3.
by vincebennett on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm
the upgrade from artist to pro is 300$ seems steep to me .I would like to try ez drummer but cant use unless upgrade to pro.
by Tacman7 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:50 pm
You can get the add on instead of upgrading.

https://shop.presonus.com/studio-one-ad ... ST-Support

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by themaartian on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 pm
The Booster Pack includes Studio One Remote and MP3 support.

Remote support means that Artist will recognize and respond to the FREE Android or iOS Studio One Remote app. It's terrific.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by patm300e on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:36 am
shanabit wroteBig fat YES!!

I use the Project page to do all my Mastering and CD prep with now. That alone is worth the upgrade to me. Im a Cubase guy here and I find myself using this app more and more

+1 for the Project Page. All of the properties filled in correctly! Making the whole project as one thing with the capability to open one song and tweak it and return back to the project...Priceless.

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:28 pm
Here's an interesting thought.
Formula428 posted this question Sept 2014. Then updated to Studio One Pro in Nov. 2018.

Hi Vincebennet, yeah, you can upgrade for far cheaper. As mentioned here by a number of ways. Go for it, along with EZ Drummer.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by bobjohnson17 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 pm
vincebennett wrotethe upgrade from artist to pro is 300$ seems steep to me .I would like to try ez drummer but cant use unless upgrade to pro.

Incorrect. I have Artist and use EZkeys, bass and drums, no problem. No upgrade needed.
by cdricblanqui on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:35 pm
Not sure ?
Try Pro within SPHERE, so you can check for a month or two if it's worth it !
If it is. Stay within SPHERE or leave it and buy Pro.
If it's not, leave SPHERE and get back to Artist.

W10 Intel I7 16Gb
SO V5 Artist & V5.2 Pro (in Sphere)
Studio26c / Atom / Monitor station V2 / Faderport 16
Akai MPK mini / Roland A49
Eris E5 / AKG K702 (+ Sonarworks)
by Lokeyfly on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:07 am
bobjohnson17 wrote
vincebennett wrotethe upgrade from artist to pro is 300$ seems steep to me .I would like to try ez drummer but cant use unless upgrade to pro.

Incorrect. I have Artist and use EZkeys, bass and drums, no problem. No upgrade needed.

You answered a year and a half old thread (4/19). Also the original post was from 2014 and OP purchased pro.

Now, more are chiming in. Good info, but no one is currently asking.
Cheers. ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

16 posts
Page 1 of 1