10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Capture.JPG
screenshot
The last few times there have been updates, I've tried to download them within the software and I get a download.part Failed! message in the transfer window. Why does this occur and how can I fix it?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my software is installed on my C: drive and all of the libraries and big stuff are on the D: drive. It's a Win7 Pro 64-bit OS.

Thanks,
-j

i7-3770 3.4GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M | 32 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | RME Babyface Pro FS
Studio One 6.2.1
by WaterlooSunset on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 pm
What exactly is it failing on downloading? Looks like from withing S1 itself you are downloading/installing from?
I never downloaded anything but maybe the VU Meters or something tiny withing S1.
You can download about everything from the website and not need to to go via Studio One. The soundsets you can just put in the soundsets folder after they download from the web.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by johnkrikawa on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:54 pm
Hey thanks for responding. Indeed, I am able to go on the web and download everything and install it. However, the option exists inside Studio One to do this. The little green icon at the upper right of the image I attached "UPDATE NOW". It's just annoying to me that it doesn't work and fails in the manner I mentioned. I'm just wondering if it is fixable on my end.

-John

i7-3770 3.4GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M | 32 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | RME Babyface Pro FS
Studio One 6.2.1
by nostrillaflamme on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:12 pm
I have exactly the same problem on MacBookPro retina running 10.11.6 but no issue at all on MacPRo 2013. It would be great if this bug was squashed.
by kitwatson on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:53 pm
Just created a new topic regarding this problem over in the Community Support forum. I have also submitted a new Support Ticket for it with PreSonus.

DAW: Studio One 5.4.1.66992 macOS x64; Host Platform: Apple iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 2017), 64GB RAM, macOS Big Sur 11.6; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2 GHz (4-Core); Apple SSD SM0128L; AMD Radeon Pro 580 8GB GDDR5, 5120 x 2880 Retina. Audio Interface: PreSonus Quantum 2626 (Thunderbolt 3), ver 1.3-82. Mixing: Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Mic/Line Mixer. Monitoring: JBL LSR308 active monitors; JBL LSR310S sub. Key Software: Arturia V Collection 8; Waves Diamond V13; Melodyne studio 5.1.1.003 (64-bit).

Studio One 5.4.1.66992 macOS x64 (Built on Oct 12 2021)
by stuck052 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:46 pm
I see the exact same issue w/ my Mac Book Pro.
Looks like you have to download & activate each package one-by-one from the site, then install.
:-(
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:38 am
Whoa! Wake the dead! :lol:

This has been a problem for me many times. Yes, downloading from the site and then installing is much better than downloading from inside S1.

What I have had to do is hook up my LAN for the S1 stuff. Other sites/products? Not so much. There is most definitely a server issue for several of us out there. I had a thread a few months back and I got tons of excellent suggestions, but alas, really none of them worked, ala LAN was really the only solution. Here, my wifi box can only be hooked up in one location, making it a hoge poge of wires in undesirable locations. BTW size doesn't seem to matter. Virtually any size of DL will "fail" at times, about 70% of the time here.

Type of computer, type of wifi, largely not important. Again, once you eliminate the impossible, yada yada ;)

Bye......:roll:
by Vocalpoint on Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:59 am
reggie1979beatz wrote This has been a problem for me many times. Yes, downloading from the site and then installing is much better than downloading from inside S1

This same thing (minus the missing "part" error) occurs with the latest Kulture Sounds Toolbox - the second small part for the Custom Toolbar.

When I installed 6.0.1 about a month ago - I installed the new Toolbox and while the big 10GB file came down and installed correctly - nothing that I could do would get the toolbar portion of this thing to download properly. Even after I manually installed it and carried on - if I go to to the main menu (Studio One->Studio One Installation->Available Downloads tab - S1 STILL thinks that the "Kulture Sounds - Toolbox Magic Toolbar" is still not installed and insists I take another run at it.

I did a ton of troubleshooting with support on this one - but I believe my issue stems from some truly obscure reference to either prior version of Toolbox - OR the fact that I installed this into my v5.5.2 install a few weeks before I finally migrated to v6.0.1. and within that migration - there is most likely some strange corruption baked in where S1 has no idea that the "Magic Toolbar" is already installed.

This is one of those situations where I am not so sure that I like the "migration" install where one places a new version of S1 in parallel with an older version that may have been building up file crap for several years and then bits and pieces of that crap get transferred into the new install.

I am guessing that the Kulture Sounds crew that designed this addon did not take this type of scenario in mind when designing Toolbox and this weird half-baked install that S1 is seeing is of my own doing.

Everything is working fine but Presonus needs to do some refinements on that downloader portion of S1 and tighten it up a bit.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:12 am
Agreed. Regardless of the size, there is a problem on their server end to some point.

Bye......:roll:
by bunkeraudio on Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:57 pm
Same issue. Just formatted my computer and reinstalled Studio One, turned off antivirus and firewall and -Studio One Instalations/Available Downloads pupulates but as soon as I click Install Minimun (or any) instalation, it just jumps to Failed!

Attachments
Presonus Fail.png

10 posts
Page 1 of 1